And for those who didn't think Hillary was charismatic enough, the Court will next rule that the EPA cannot regulate carbon emissions. Something that was codified into law.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

And it still blows me away that after 4 years of Trump and everything that we went through that there were people who went.

"Biden is boring. He has a Studder. I cant vote for him."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I disagree. It's up to dem leadership to motivate people to vote for them, get people excited to vote for them.
    What do you want? What would motivate you? Back in 2016 people were down on their knees begging everyone not to let the GOP back in power because they were afraid Republicans would kill us all, and that's exactly what they've been doing. So what do you want? If people begging for their lives isn't enough to motivate you not to side with their murderers, what will?

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    What do you want? What would motivate you? Back in 2016 people were down on their knees begging everyone not to let the GOP back in power because they were afraid Republicans would kill us all, and that's exactly what they've been doing. So what do you want? If people begging for their lives isn't enough to motivate you not to side with their murderers, what will?
    Im guessing when a party takes away womans rights, wont do a damn thing on gun control even though children are being killed in schools, openly talk about their hate of gays and Trans and promote violence against them, open support domestic terrorism, openly support taking away voting rights of minorities, are openly racist and court the support of hate groups.

And that doesnt get a person to come out and vote against them because of "Legit reasons" then there will be nothing that gets them to the polls.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Whew I thought I was about to have to go off on MAGA coworkers in our department meeting today. I warned them about their MAGA **** around me on January 6th. And since then they kept it in their group texts and offices out of my earshot which is fine. They tried it just now waiting for the meeting to start talking about trans swimmers, and Biden "mental decline", the million new GOP voters story.

Just as I was about to have to let them know I am not having it we started.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Again, the game plan shouldn't be "the grass is greener with us". The dems should figure out how to get that energy they had back in 2008.

Again, the game plan shouldn't be "the grass is greener with us". The dems should figure out how to get that energy they had back in 2008.
    Just nominate the most charismatic, historic candidate in a generation. And do it right after the GOP got us into an illegal war and wrecked the economy, that's all.

But don't expect voters to vote for the candidate whose policies are what the want, they have to be rock stars too.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I know the plane’s going down, but I just don’t feel excited about putting on a parachute.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I know the plane’s going down, but I just don’t feel excited about putting on a parachute.
    There's no time to put on a parachute and jump out of a falling plane but there's plenty of time to motivate a person to wear their parachute before getting on a plane.

If a person does not vote at all because a candidate Lets say Biden because they dont feel he did enough to earn their vote or he is not exciting then they are part of the reason the other gets away with doing bad ****.

The thing is the Dems do state their agenda. They want to protect voter rights, they want to common sense Gun laws, they want to fight climate change, they are pretty vocal right now about wanting to protect womans rights in states they can. They want to protect the rights of the LTGB+

The GOP is also very very clear on what their platform is.

But Biden stumbles over words sometimes, he has to stop once in awhile to think about what he is going to say.

So that makes the whole Democrat platform invalid and he shouddnt be voted for.

There's no time to put on a parachute and jump out of a falling plane but there's plenty of time to motivate a person to wear their parachute before getting on a plane.
    If a person has to be motivated before getting on a plane to put on a life saving device if they crash they are dumb. If a person has to be convinced to vote against the party that is activly destroying the country... Well...

Doesnt mean a canidate should just phone it in. Even if safe districts they need to be out there.

But are there really people out there that are saying they will not vote against Trump or Desantis or Cruz And Abbot or someone like Taylor Greene and Geatz because the Candidate is not exciting enough?

The motivation in 2016 was the GOP was stealing the Court and this is exactly what would happen. But that wasn't enough motivation?

Your overestimating how smart the general populace is, also don't forget for as many people who correctly called how dangerous a Trump win would be, there was just as many that thought no way that clown had a chance in hell of even winning.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    If a person has to be motivated before getting on a plane to put on a life saving device if they crash they are dumb. If a person has to be convinced to vote against the party that is activly destroying the country... Well...
    Alright but dems have lost some voters and Biden's approval ratings are worse than trump's. Not everyone sees the GOP as being evil. What's wrong with trying to win them back instead of saying "you should have voted dem if you wanted gay marriage to remain legal".