Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I don't think he is facing a firing squad.
    But knowing what possible sentence this carries demonstrate the scope and seriousness of the crime.
    Agreed. No sane politician or judge would suggest execution of a former President, especially one who is still popular with half his party. That would surely worsen the overall political divide in the U.S.
    I imagine weÂ’d see an actual fair trial to lay out the evidence to the public and a conviction if heÂ’s found guilty. Depending on the severity of the crimes there may be prison time involved but, given his age, the sentence may be commuted.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Presidents are not kings, Mets. Why would you think he is above the law?
    No one should be above the law.
    Biden will pardon Trump so he doesn’t go to jail :P

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Agreed. No sane politician or judge would suggest execution of a former President, especially one who is still popular with half his party. That would surely worsen the overall political divide in the U.S.
    I imagine weÂ’d see an actual fair trial to lay out the evidence to the public and a conviction if heÂ’s found guilty. Depending on the severity of the crimes there may be prison time involved but, given his age, the sentence may be commuted.
    My previous comment was a bit of a joke, but reading your comment - if Trump is sentenced to jail, would Biden pardon him? How does that work?

If Trump is old enough to run in 2024, he should also be old enough to do jail time, if convicted!
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-13-2022 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Their conclusion is that Weisselberg is likely in a lot of trouble given the shamelessness of the tax fraud (two sets of books to undercut an argument about gifts not being compensation) but that Trump's unlikely to be prosecuted.

So you think that it's so obvious that there will be felony charges against a former President that we shouldn't consider the possibility it won't happen.
    That was then, since then the lead investigators in NYC said they had ample evidence to indict Trump and had been presenting it to a Grand Jury. The new DA inexplicably decided to not go forward with that Grand Jury, leading to the investigators resigning. In a public statement in the NY Times they laid out how Trump could be found guilty. Though DA Braggs says the investigation is "ongoing", it really isn't. One hopes the State AG case leads to criminal charges.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Iran's newspapers praise the attack on Salman Rushie.

https://www.reuters.com/world/irans-...er-2022-08-13/

This includes the paper whose editor-in-chief is appointed by Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. They wrote “A thousand bravos ... to the brave and dutiful person who attacked the apostate and evil Salman Rushdie in New York," and, “The hand of the man who tore the neck of God's enemy must be kissed”.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    My previous comment was a bit of a joke, but reading your comment - if Trump is sentenced to jail, would Biden pardon him? How does that work?
    Biden can issue a pardon for federal crimes.

It could come with conditions such as an agreement not to run, as well as testimony to a commission or something.

It would not apply to state crimes.

Presidents are not kings, Mets. Why would you think he is above the law?
    I'm saying it's not a certainty.

If you have a prediction, I'm just curious about a specific timescale. At what point would we know you're right or wrong?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

How come in all the movies when the President is found out to be a traitor, he is removed from office and arrested, and the nation turns against him, not his entire Party defends his crimes and continue to lie about what happened?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I have no fear of Biden pardoning Trump, he knows what a monster he is. My fear is any GOP President would, (and let's pray their isn't one anytime soon).
    That is why a State or City prosecution is so important. Also why Trump suck up Lee Zeldin cannot win in NY.

I forgot to say that in Sweden even the Prime-Minister (Social Democrat, left wing) has recently publicly stated that integration has failed:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...me-2022-04-28/

"Sweden has failed to integrate the vast numbers of immigrants it has taken in over the past two decades, leading to parallel societies and gang violence"

This was the PM's reaction to the recent muslim riots in different parts of Sweden, after a right-wing provocateur burned the quran.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    No one should be above the law.
    Biden will pardon Trump so he doesn’t go to jail :P
    Biden could just commute Trump's sentence so that there's no jail time, but still let the felony conviction stand.

Astonishing Member

Biden's been a huge disappointment. I wouldn't be surprised if he pardoned someone like trump.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Biden's been a huge disappointment. I wouldn't be surprised if he pardoned someone like trump.
    How so, because he passed an infrastructure bill, a climate change bill, a veteran's health bill, a domestic computer chip bill, killed Zawarhi, created almost 10 million new jobs, regained America's relationship with Europe... He has already had one of the most successful Presidencies in decades.

Is this just one of those, he has not done every single I want posts?

Trump has been spreading conspiracy theories about Biden's children, including during the clusterf*** of a debate, when he interrupted Biden while he was reminiscing about his deceased son Beau, and Trump wanted to s*** all over Hunter.

For him to pardon Trump would not only be something politically shocking and ill-advised, but an unbelievable level of personal forgiveness.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

While it is factually true that there is no history of a former American president being raided by the Feds, these observations implicitly treat the FBI’s behavior as the source of the historic break. The reason Donald Trump is the first former president to be treated like a criminal is that he is the first former president who is a criminal.
    NY Mag: What Is Really Unprecedented Is the Criminality

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I have no fear of Biden pardoning Trump, he knows what a monster he is. My fear is any GOP President would, (and let's pray their isn't one anytime soon).
    That is why a State or City prosecution is so important. Also why Trump suck up Lee Zeldin cannot win in NY.
    Biden usually keeps his campaign promises, soooo

Biden says he would not pardon Trump

Former Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday that he would not pardon President Donald Trump if elected and insisted any prosecutorial decisions would be left to a more independent Justice Department.

Answering questions in a virtual town hall-style event on MSNBC Thursday, the Democratic presidential hopeful was asked by a voter about whether he’d follow the lead of former President Gerald Ford, who pardoned Richard Nixon in large part to help the nation move beyond the Watergate scandal.

Biden, while not speaking to any specific potential charge, committed to ensuring that any prosecutorial decisions would be dictated by the law, in contrast to what he called the "dereliction of duty” by Trump and his attorney general, William Barr.

"It's hands off completely. The attorney general is not the president's lawyer. It's the people's lawyer,” Biden said. “We never saw anything like the prostitution of that office like we see it today.”

I am intrigued by your claims and offering to read any source material you will supply in support of your statements.