Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It depends on the context. The odds that an individual will be affected are pretty low. It's still going to happen every now and then in a big country with lots of guns and violent maniacs.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Go tell that to 19 sets of parents its about context. Give me a break. And its going to happen every now and then? Yet America is the only country it seems to happen in. So no I do not class something that happens once or twice a week as rare. Get out of here with that nonsense. We know you are a GOP Backer. Fine. You want to over look and ignore your parties roll in this mess. But to just disregard something like the murder of 19 children, something that damn sure could and should have been prevented as

"Oh well. its just one of those things." That is sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This is a terrible response. This is an unacceptable response.
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It was the response I expected sadly. There isn't such a thing as a bad conservative take for Mets.
    Compassion and empathy shouldn't be partisan or lost in statistics. We are not unfeeling robots.

I frequently read this thread and rarely participate, but I find this take extraordinarily distasteful.

AR-15s are legal in america for one reason, to make small, weak men and women feel big. And they will never let it go no matter how many children are slaughtered for their pathetic power fantasy.
    Nothing will change, it happened before, it will happen again. The world needs to see America and our second amendment as the cautionary tale it is.
    =WestPhillyPunisher;6062678]Qpublicans bleating or soon to bleat about how the shooting yesterday shouldn’t be politicized spent all of last week politicizing the baby formula shortage. Hypocrisy, thy initials are G.Q.P.
    then voted against fixing it. They have no values, don't stand for anything and contribute nothing to culture besides hate and ignorance.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-25-2022 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And hey, not to let Texas have all the 'fun':

2 Kirkwood schools given 'all clear' after police activity prompts 'lockout'

ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. — North Glendale Elementary School students didn't expect their last day of school to end quite like it did.

"She told us to run because there was an invasion," said ninth-grader Paige Warfield.

Warfield was visiting her former elementary school teachers when administrators went into an emergency 'lockout' procedure.

"I was talking to two of my teachers and they were all kind of panicking and I was kind of confused and so they went into the building and they like locked down," Warfield said. "I called my mom and I was running with my friend and we were kind of panicking."

Students at two schools in the Kirkwood School District have been dismissed after they were placed on "lockout" Wednesday afternoon due to police activity in the area.

Police said they were in the area investigating a report of an armed home invasion on Brownell Avenue, which is just behind North Glendale Elementary School. The victim of the home invasion fled and called police.

Kirkwood police said the suspect ran off toward the school, leading the school's resource officer to put the school on "lockout."

Shortly after the school's 12:30 p.m. early dismissal, Kirkwood Schools Chief Communications Officer Steph Deidrick said they followed police orders.

"There was police activity in the area and they encouraged that we go on lock out status which means that we took all staff and any remaining students that were in the building asked them to come inside and remain inside," Deidrick said.

Steph Deidrick, Chief Communications Officer for Kirkwood School District, confirmed Kirkwood Early Childhood Center and North Glendale Elementary School had been placed on "lockout," meaning the students were being kept inside. This was just a precaution due to police activity in the area, Deidrick said.

Good on Beto
    Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-TX), who is running for Texas governor, was just removed from a press conference in Texas for protesting and confronting Gov. Greg Abbott (R) on gun laws a day after the tragic shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas.

As Abbott finished announcing updates on the shooting Wednesday afternoon, O’Rourke excoriated the Texas governor for his inaction on gun violence and his ongoing opposition to common sense gun control reform.

“Governor Abbott, I have to say something. The time that you could have stopped this was after Sante Fe High School. The next shooting is right now and you’ve done nothing. You are offering us nothing,” O’Rourke shouted, adding that the shooting was “totally predictable” and “preventable.”
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/b...ommentsWrapper

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    Compassion and empathy shouldn't be partisan or lost in statistics. We are not unfeeling robots.

I frequently read this thread and rarely participate, but I find this take extraordinarily distasteful.
    And I find any one who dismisses the murder of 19 children with a

"Hey it happens." as very distasteful.

When the GOP and their supporters stop blocking Gun control measures, help fund Mental health programs, stop with their war on Trans, woman, minorities, and gays. When they quit being the party of terrorism supporters. Then they can tell me what they fins distasteful. Other wise if I hurt some GOP feelings. Thoughts and prayers they get over it. The same feeling they give the thoughts and prayers to the victims of mass shootings they enable.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-25-2022 at 09:03 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

No other nation in the world is producing this many mass shooters because no other nation in the world has a political and economic system that breeds as much inequality, terror, and violence as the United States.

The US has had 288 school shootings. Mexico, the nation with second largest number of school shootings, has had 8 school shootings.

The mentally ill people problem needs to be addressed. The guns problem needs to be addressed. The problem is a lot of people don't tend to obey the gun laws in the USA. Stringent gun laws only work in Japan, because most people obey the law and the government was very strict in enforcing the law. But it doesn't mean Japan doesn't have any mentally ill people. In Japan, a deranged man stabbed 19 people to death. Imagine how it would look worse if that lunatic had a gun.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Democrats aren't the ones who tried to violently overthrow the government, continue to erode voting rights, and constantly strip civil rights and demonize minorities. **** off with your both sides bullshit.
    You're talking about Trump who was more a populist candidate than a true Republican. And just because some might perceive him as a "bad apple" he doesn't represent all Republicans

And I find any one who dismisses the murder of 19 children with a

"Hey it happens." as very distasteful.

When the GOP and their supporters stop blocking Gun control measures, help fund Mental health programs, stop with their war on Trans, woman, minorities, and gays. When they quit being the party of terrorism supporters. Then they can tell me what they fins distasteful. Other wise if I hurt some GOP feelings. Thoughts and prayers they get over it. The same feeling they give the thoughts and prayers to the victims of mass shootings they enable.
    I hope you know I'm agreeing with you, Kevinroc, and thwhtGuardian.

For someone who has been a Spider-man fan for a long time, I find the lack of compassion from other Spider-man fans abhorrent.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    You're talking about Trump who was more a populist candidate than a true Republican. And just because some might perceive him as a "bad apple" he doesn't represent all Republicans
    Kind of hard to tell. When the GOP fall all over themselves to get his endorsement, excuse and forgive everything he does, buys into and spreads his big lie about a stolen election and forgive and call the terrorists of the 6th heroes because they attacked to keep him in power.

So anyone that says the GOP is not a party of Trump or that they are all not just is bad are fooling themselves for some reason, are lying, or just dont pay any attention at all.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

For someone who has been a Spider-man fan for a long time, I find the lack of compassion from other Spider-man fans abhorrent.
    That is on me then. I saw the posts quoted and and mistook you meaning. That is on me I am sorry.

That is on me then. I saw the posts quoted and and mistook you meaning. That is on me I am sorry.
    Politely?

It's fine. Emotions are high right now, as well they should be.

Your party overwhelmingly endorsed him with their votes and the candidates that back him. Get out of here with that.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 05-25-2022 at 09:36 PM.

You should've been here with all the Batman fans.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Trump is a completely generic Republican. If anything, other Republicans want to go even worse.

are you living like 5 years or more behind the rest of us? Trumpism or MAGA IS the mainstream republican party. He IS the GOP, the Liz Cheneys and Adam Kizingers are the outliers.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-25-2022 at 10:04 PM.