Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Remember a few weeks ago, when some guys here fell for the "Mitch McConnell is doing so much better and eager to get back to work" spin hook, line and sinker?

Good times.
    Is there something new? The Google News articles on McConnell are about comments he made on the Senate floor yesterday defending the Supreme Court.

He doesn't seem comatose.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Dude, don't say that.

We all know it's Spider man who keeps crime down
    Spidey is only one guy, but every generation has their own set of Turtles if not several.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm also grateful that they flush the sewers with radioactive waste to clean out any hockey-themed serial killers.
    I'm grateful you can't mutate the undead

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    There's enough crime for both Spidey and the Turtles to keep down.
    Also Gargoyles.
    And there's a tie of who's intro causes more Nostalgia.

Tucker C released an angry ranty video from his underground bunker:
    https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/st...76097349578753
    He talks about the media like he was never a part of it. But until 3 days ago, he had the power to have the kinds of insightful debates on television that he complained that we don't have. But instead of that, he just kept doing what Jon Stewart criticized him for doing twenty years ago.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Is there something new? The Google News articles on McConnell are about comments he made on the Senate floor yesterday defending the Supreme Court.

If Mitch was comatose he'd be doing more good in the world.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    He talks about the media like he was never a part of it. But until 3 days ago, he had the power to have the kinds of insightful debates on television that he complained that we don't have. But instead of that, he just kept doing what Jon Stewart criticized him for doing twenty years ago.
    Yeah, his rant made it seem like he listened to Jon Stewart all those years ago. But he didn't and likely still won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Guess this is some manner of psy op...

Tucker C released an angry ranty video from his underground bunker:
    https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/st...76097349578753
    I wonder wtf that’s about.
    It can’t be anything good I reckon.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 04-27-2023 at 10:33 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

You really think so? I think he actually is back, but weeks later than first indicated.

This could be a pretty big deal. If Erdogan is forced to step down it would effect more than Turkey. Lately Erdogan has had the final say on some countries being able to join the EU, it would effect the war in Syria and the fate of Syrian refugees and his absence in Turkey’s increasingly authoritarian government could lead to a lot of civil conflict as factions jostle for control.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

He definitely looks off there. I'm not sure if it's physical or mental, but he's clearly having problems.

Of course, it is beyond rich for THIS guy to complain about the rule of law and norms, when he refused to give Meritt Garland a Supreme Court nomination hearing for almost a year, while shoving Amy Coney Barrett right before the election.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    This could be a pretty big deal. If Erdogan is forced to step down it would effect more than Turkey. Lately Erdogan has had the final say on some countries being able to join the EU, it would effect the war in Syria and the fate of Syrian refugees and his absence in Turkey’s increasingly authoritarian government could lead to a lot of civil conflict as factions jostle for control.
    So is the US monitoring this? Because you know that right wingers will not want to let more people into the states.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    You really think so? I think he actually is back, but weeks later than first indicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    He definitely looks off there. I'm not sure if it's physical or mental, but he's clearly having problems.

Of course, it is beyond rich for THIS guy to complain about the rule of law and norms, when he refused to give Meritt Garland a Supreme Court nomination hearing for almost a year, while shoving Amy Coney Barrett right before the election.
    Seriously?

If those are even remotely serious takes?

Is the idea that all of the Democrats serving in the body the guy is a part of are just staying mum because they are in on the cover up?

(Or whatever is supposedly ACTUALLY going on...)

This is the guy a couple of years back...

What, exactly, is the telltale sign that something seriously different is going on?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Seriously?

If those are even remotely serious takes?

Is the idea that all of the Democrats serving in the body the guy is a part of are just staying mum because they are in on the cover up?

(Or whatever is supposedly ACTUALLY going on...)
    This is the guy a couple of years back...

What, exactly, is the telltale sign that something seriously different is going on?

He looks physical tired, slumped, and definitely not as put together as the older video.

His speech is slower, and he seems to be having breathing problems.

Again, those could be physical, and not mental signs, but there's differences from his pre-accident videos, IMO. He could just be tired.

I have an 89 year old mother who I'm a partial caretaker for, so I do try to pay attention to differences between visits, that might signal a mini-stroke or the onset of something.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    He looks physical tired, slumped, and definitely not as put together as the older video.

His speech is slower, and he seems to be having breathing problems.

Again, those could be physical, and not mental signs, but there's differences from his pre-accident videos, IMO. He could just be tired.

I have an 89 year old mother who I'm a partial caretaker for, so I do try to pay attention to differences between visits, that might signal a mini-stroke or the onset of something.
    Chalked that up to that he seems to be reading a good bit of what he is saying there.

Past that, agree to disagree I guess?

Doesn't seem winded to any degree that I can't chalk up to the difference between being seventy-nine and eighty-one.

As for "Slumped...", the angle does seem more "Shooting From Straight On..." in the older clip versus the newer clip seemingly being shot from a bit above where the guy is.