Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    The problem is that there are a bunch of religious morons who want most of us to die in some insane rapture so they can go be with their fictional demigod. If there weren't people around spouting insane beliefs like that then the right wing politicians and propagandists would have no-one to pander to.

Just sayin'.
    I have worked in a busy rough emergency room for over 20 years. If it has taught me anything it is that there are more stupid Americans out there. Sooooooooo many.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Keeping people stupid, scared and sick serves the right quite well it seems.
    I get a lot of Fox videos pop up on my YouTube algorithm (or whatever it's called) and the titles of many of those videos are fear mongering nonsense.
    Last edited by shooshoomanjoe; 06-24-2022 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I have worked in a busy rough emergency room for over 20 years. If it has taught me anything it is that there are more stupid Americans out there. Sooooooooo many.
    Wow dude, you have my respect. Not many people could do that kind of work. You're a real life hero.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I get a lot of Fox videos pop up on my YouTube algorithm (or whatever it's called) and the titles of many of those videos are fear mongering nonsense.
    Yeah, they're the propaganda wing of the Republican party. And the people they're pandering to lean stupid and old. Fear-mongering nonsense all day long.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 06-24-2022 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Well at least the Democrats are doing something about this.

They gathered by the Capital and sang God Bless America a couple hours ago. Good Grief. The GOP is shredding this country and they are singing songs like the musicians that played on as the Titanic sank.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Well at least the Democrats are doing something about this.

They gathered by the Capital and sang God Bless America a couple hours ago. Good Grief. The GOP is shredding this country and they are singing songs like the musicians that played on as the Titanic sank.
    We also got Biden asking for protest to stay peaceful. Fucking pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I dont want violence. But damn I have just had my fucking fill of this high road ****! Ive been saying it on this board for a long time. They take the high road ever chance they get and the road is being destroyed under them.

Abortion done for half the country, Gay rights, contraception, Civil Rights, interracial marriage all going to be next. And they are fucking singing songs!

Do they not know how sick of dog and pony shows like that people are? Or do they just not care any more?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Do they not know how sick of dog and pony shows like that people are? Or do they just not care any more?
    I don't know the answer to that, but I'm with y'all. It's laughable.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

While were all saddened and angry at whats going on...raging violence on people sadly would not change this. Its sad...but Biden is being a responsible person here. He wanted to expand the Supreme Court to stop this from happening. He has little options really but telling people to protest peacefully is it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    While were all saddened and angry at whats going on...raging violence on people sadly would not change this. Its sad...but Biden is being a responsible person here. He wanted to expand the Supreme Court to stop this from happening. He has little options really but telling people to protest peacefully is it.
    Part of this issue is that more and more people realize the GoP is incapable of shame, which is kind if required for peaceful protests to work.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Im not mad at him telling people to protest peacefully. I am mad that they fucking sang at the capital. Rights being taken away and they are singing!

I wonder when Gay marriage is gone and the GOP fixes it so no Minority can cast a vote at all if we get a Hamilton style Broadway show!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Part of this issue is that more and more people realize the GoP is incapable of shame, which is kind if required for peaceful protests to work.
    Exactly. *sarcasm*The French knew how to fix this kinda thing, back in the day.*sarcasm*

Biden could have done one the GOP playbooks of double talk.

"I am not calling for violence. I understand people want to vent their feelings. I would be fine that." Wink nudge snicker.

I hate saying this but I will agree with Tucker tonight when he just blast the Hell out of the Democrats for singing today. He will call it useless and ridiculous and I will lose a bit of my soul because i will agree.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Raging violence is what got us here, years of threats, firebombs, and even assassinations on abortion clinics has all lead to this. We are a country built on violence and to think we aren't headed back in that direction is naive, it's all more a question of how far it goes and how many people die as the results of these decisions, than if it goes that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I've always considered the point of protesting to be to call attention to the importance of the problem and sway public opinion in favor of your cause. Public opinion influences politicians who are concerned about getting re-elected.
    Smashing windows, looting and starting fires won't accomplish that. No politician wants to associate themselves with that and so no change can come from it. In fact the opposite will happen. The message will become lost due the media coverage of the violence and the opposition will be vindicated in their criticism of the movement. Hard-line, anti crime politicians will gain more traction with the conservative base and the cause moves backwards.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 06-24-2022 at 02:28 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe