Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Good. Don't **** with NY. How many times must we teach you the lesson?

Oh My! The participants in Trump's Riot are in a world of trouble! Anyway...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just more mindless asskissing from DeSantis. But, State Rep. Smith hit the nail on the head, outlining the best way to avoid being shown the door from social media:

"There's already a solution to deplatforming candidates on social media: Stop trafficking in conspiracy theories. That's the solution. Stop pushing misinformation if you're a candidate or an incumbent elected official. Stop retweeting QAnon. Stop lying on social media," Smith said.

"Stop inciting insurrection against our republic. We're hearing this bill because Twitter finally deplatformed former President Trump after five people were killed in an insurrection he incited at the U.S. Capitol."
    But then, since Qpublicans either can't, or won't follow the rules, they resorted to their predictable fallback of changing the rules.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-30-2021 at 09:40 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Got a Pence sighting, no, not that one, Greg the Congressman Columbus, IN voted for.

On Wednesday, Pence took to Twitter to tout the Restaurant Revitalization Fund established in the American Rescue Plan Act and included links directing people to more information about the program and how to apply.

The $28.6 billion fund offers grants to help restaurants and other eligible businesses offset pandemic-related revenue losses and stay afloat, according to the Small Business Administration.

The grants provide up to $10 million per company with a limit of $5 million per physical location. The grants do not have to be paid back if they are used for eligible expenses.

Rep. Greg Pence, R-Indiana, assured small business owners in a tweet that “help is on the way,” urging them to apply for COVID-19 relief funds, but failed to mention that he voted against the bill providing the funding for the “help.”

Federal records show that Pence voted against the American Rescue Plan Act on Feb. 27 and March 10, which was a no vote to the funding.

Wednesday’s tweet, however, was not the first time that the second-term congressman representing Columbus has touted legislation that he voted against.

In February, Pence attempted to take credit for a military spending bill he voted against that benefited the Indiana National Guard, Camp Atterbury and the Muscatatuck Urban Training Complex.
    Big couple days for the Pence boys. Heard from the other one too, yea this time that one. Mike, remember the one a violent mob nearly killed on January 6th. I mean other people WERE killed that day but this one got away.

His first major speech since leaving office to deliver remarks in South Carolina at a dinner hosted by the Palmetto Family Council, a conservative Christian nonprofit group.

The man just had a pacemaker put in. Dude, when your literal heart is telling you, yea, maybe find some different energy to associate yourself with, you might listen. But nope.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

The other day I mentioned former Arizona state legislator Anthony Kern, who during his last few days in office, was in attendance at the Capitol attack on 1/6.

Guess where he is right now? Sitting at a table counting ballots in the farcical "recount" currently taking place in Arizona that claims the election was stolen from Trump.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    That is good news. Don't know how people can deal with that level of uncertainty. I did it briefly as a teen (different fast-food franchise), and it killed me then. Not sure I could do it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    That should be a nationwide law.
    About that...

https://www.hourly.io/post/change-schedule-last-minute

Can an employer change an employee’s schedule or work hours at the last minute?

The best way to look at the issue is to break it down into two parts.

First—can your employer change your schedule? In most cases, yes.

Federal employment laws—most notably the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)—allow for a number of employer changes, including changing the employee’s schedule. According to the Department of Labor, “an employer may change an employee’s work hours without giving prior notice or obtaining the employee’s consent (unless otherwise subject to a prior agreement between the employer and employee or the employee’s representative).”

That means unless you have an employment contract or collective bargaining agreement in place that explicitly states your employer cannot make changes to your schedule, they can switch your work shifts, change your work hours, or make other scheduling changes at will.
    Should Dems that just won the presidency and Congress running on being "Pro-Worker..." be getting really serious about getting workers at least a little breathing room on this front?

Whole other question.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The other day I mentioned former Arizona state legislator Anthony Kern, who during his last few days in office, was in attendance at the Capitol attack on 1/6.

Guess where he is right now? Sitting at a table counting ballots in the farcical "recount" currently taking place in Arizona that claims the election was stolen from Trump.
    Those damn Cyber Ninjas. You just never know where they'll turn up.

Three Colorado police officers 'no longer employed' after arrest of 73-year-old woman with dementia

Three Loveland, Colorado, police officers are no longer employed with the department after their involvement in the arrest and booking of a 73-year-old woman with dementia.

The woman, Karen Garner, suffered a dislocated shoulder, fractured arm and sprained wrist after she was slammed to the ground and hogtied during a June 26 arrest, according to a federal lawsuit.

The altercation was captured on police body camera video and shared by Garner's attorney, Sarah Schielke.

Officers Austin Hopp, Tyler Blackett and Daria Jalali were placed on administrative leave over the incident, along with Sgt. Phillip Metzler. Another sergeant, Antolina Hill, was reassigned.

Loveland Police Chief Robert Ticer said at a press conference Friday that Hopp, Blackett and Jalali"are no longer employed" with the department but declined to specify whether they resigned or were terminated.

It's unclear why Metzler and Hill were not among those no longer with the department.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Fantastic Member

I'm hearing a lot about this recently:

Is there anything to this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post

Ask Tom DeLonge.

(Not Even Remotely Kidding...)

Astonishing Member

I feel like we get these UFOs every decade or two and we still haven't seen who is Inside. Very anti social critters.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I feel like we get these UFOs every decade or two and we still haven't seen who is Inside. Very anti social critters.
    Yeah, but what strikes me now is that the government officials are much more straightforward about it. At least in the 90s, maybe from watching too much X-files... I had the impression government was in complete denial about any of this stuff.

Kansas GOP state legislator Mark Samsel has been arrested for battering a student of his.

Idaho Republican state legislator Aaron von Erlinger resigned after numerous calls to do so after accusations that he raped a 19 year old intern.

This is outside the stories about the Trump White House being petiitoned for a pardon by Joel Greenberg who admitted he and Matt Gaetz raped a minor (she can't consent at that age), and Josh Duggar, who's affiliated with dozens of Republicans throughout the Bible Belt...

Again, probably has a lot to do with why women lean Democrat, you know?
    Last edited by worstblogever; 04-30-2021 at 08:43 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but what strikes me now is that the government officials are much more straightforward about it. At least in the 90s, maybe from watching too much X-files... I had the impression government was in complete denial about any of this stuff.
    That would be funnier to me if conspiracy theories in politics wasn't such a thing now. Watching, even occasionally probing aliens are completely benign in comparison.

The GOP being at intra-party war with Liz Cheney for Trump shouldn't hurt either.

Another piece of good news is that Rick Roeber was formally expelled from the Missouri House and it seems possible that criminal charges may in fact follow. Not something I get to say often, but good on the state legislature.

A Missouri legislator was expelled by the state’s House of Representatives on Wednesday after an investigation by fellow lawmakers concluded that he had physically and sexually abused his children.

After hearing testimony from his family and reviewing hundreds of pages of documents, the Missouri House Ethics Committee wrote a report finding that the lawmaker, Rick Roeber, physically abused his children, sexually abused one at age 9 and another at age 5, and once “drowned a litter of puppies in a nearby pond.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/21/u...-children.html

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, it's a given Trump will NEVER shut up about the election and how he believed he wuz robbed (his ego won't allow him to accept he lost). The more he flaps his fat orange lips, the greater the chances the loons who stormed the Capitol on 1/6 will stay locked up. And yeah, Trump couldn't give so much as even half a **** about them.
    Aren't many of them going with the defense that the President of the United States, the leader of the nation, was telling them to do it? It could work for them.
    Power with Girl is better.