Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Something Twitter won’t do, and everyone knows it. They’ll flag his tweets to death but won’t ban him because Trump is too good for business, and the bottom line is everything.
    Oh, Parler's going to be rolling out the welcome wagon for Donald Trump, as if that website wasn't already toxic enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The whole idea Trump is gonna create his own media company to challenge Fox News from scratch is a big pipe dream. Investors aren't gonna trust Donald Trump with billions of dollars in funding needed to do it. I mean we saw Quibi go down as a streaming service recently with billions invested. And that had actual business people attracted to it and it went down the tubes. Does anyone think mega rich people are gonna throw money at Donald to waste on a vanity project to scream how great he was as President ?

To me what will happen is this...

- Trump will buy a small percentage into OAN. He will get like a 1-10% stake into OAN as a network and the deal basically is to use his fame to show him doing his own show and speeches etc. OAN will know he can attract big attention to the network. Trump will act like he owns the entire network but only has that percentage due to his "name value" for them.
    THIS. Trump is $400 MILLION IN DEBT. Who's loaning him the money to start a news network? Hell, who's loaning him the money to buy shares of OAN?

If anything, OAN might try to give him a show, overpay him for it, and offer stock options in the deal.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    THIS. Trump is $400 MILLION IN DEBT. Who's loaning him the money to start a news network? Hell, who's loaning him the money to buy shares of OAN?

If anything, OAN might try to give him a show, overpay him for it, and offer stock options in the deal.
    Unfortunately, he will get some kind of deal. He won't be doing any jail time for anything, however many cases are against him, because we're not going to see someone who held the office of POTUS behind bars -- even when it's Trump, we can't afford to make the office look bad.

And likewise, having been POTUS will unfortunately be his greatest, most successful grift, ever. He was already famous enough to get to run for president and somehow win, despite having no real qualifications, at all. Having won, however poorly he did in office, and however shamefully he may have left -- he is going to be the brainwashed right-wing's sacred martyr and hero for the rest of his stupid life. Dumb, poor people will feel privileged to hand over whatever pennies they have to him, because he is and will be their hero.

And the more that the sane people of the world disdain him, the more that will be taken to mean he must be exalted, by the people who believe they are persecuted for being American, Christian, White or whatever else they are definitely not being persecuted for...
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

‘It’s Over’: Election Law Experts Declare Trump’s Legal Challenges ‘100 Percent Dead’ in the Water!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    ‘It’s Over’: Election Law Experts Declare Trump’s Legal Challenges ‘100 Percent Dead’ in the Water!

It was OVER a week ago. This won't stop Trump from refusing to concede.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Still hasn't broken Gore's record of holding out.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

How the tides have turned. He is 400m in debt but he inherited 400 million plus from Daddy Dearest.

I don't agree with everything Obama says but was he right when he called trump Richie Rich, the only small difference is Richie Rich did not go bankrupt with his inheritance.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    How the tides have turned. He is 400m in debt but he inherited 400 million plus from Daddy Dearest.

I don't agree with everything Obama says but was he right when he called trump Richie Rich, the only small difference is Richie Rich did not go bankrupt with his inheritance.
    No, he died and became Casper.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Gore wasn't spitefully withholding necessary transition resources in the middle of a pandemic that's already killed 200k Americans.

BANNED

Gore had a legit cause and a real case to make. Not comparable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    No, he died and became Casper.
    keanu whoa.jpg

BANNED

Gore won the election. Full stop. A legit recount of Florida would have given him the Presidency. The Florida Supreme Court said it should go forward. The Conservatives on the Supreme Court, going against every case they had ruled on before , stopped the recount under the most dubious of reasons.
    He was not "holding out"
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I expect that, after Trump is out of office, there will be some discussion about possible International Laws he and his administration violated. Where that might lead, if anywhere I don't know.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I expect that, after Trump is out of office, there will be some discussion about possible International Laws he and his administration violated. Where that might lead, if anywhere I don't know.
    One would hope, The Hague.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Gore won the election. Full stop. A legit recount of Florida would have given him the Presidency. The Florida Supreme Court said it should go forward. The Conservatives on the Supreme Court, going against every case they had ruled on before , stopped the recount under the most dubious of reasons.
    He was not "holding out"
    It's important to note the record about Gore and Florida.

1) The 2000 Election was a real close-run thing, and came down to the Electoral Votes of FL.
    2) In a close-run nation-wide election, Florida was an even closer-run state vote rollout.
    3) Every major news outlet had difficulty calling Florida. People called Bush then Gore and so on.
    4) When the news initially called it in for Bush, Gore called W. and conceded. It was only when the news changed and so on that Gore rescinded that concession.
    5) The vote fell in such small margins that a recount was immediately called for as per Florida State Law.
    6) W. and his lawyers were the one who went to the Supreme Court and brought cases to stop the recount. Not Gore.
    7) When the SCOTUS made the decision, Gore accepted it and conceded.

In other words, blaming Gore is among worst self-defeating evil things that can be said. There's a Grand Canyon amount of daylight between Gore and Trump. Gore was willing to concede. He proved that when he conceded when the news made the first call for Bush only changing his mind when the news organizations made errors. Gore conceded when the ruling came against him.

If an election was really close and went down to the wire, a candidate (of any party) is within rights to pursue all options. Trump would have been within his rights if the election was really that close, but it wasn't. The election in 2020 like in 2016 when Trump won didn't come down to the Electoral Votes in a single state. The margins between candidates wasn't that close. Trump hasn't shown indications that he would concede if it was clear.