Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Will the mugshot be made public?
    Yes you can't hide that. If you are arrested and get a mugshot its publicly available. Look at any celebrity or white-collar criminal arrest. They may get the added benefit of "organizing" their surrender. When normal people would just be arrested.

But, he will be read his rights and fingerprinted and have to be photographed as process. And public records will make it available to media etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Yes you can't hide that. If you are arrested and get a mugshot its publicly available. Look at any celebrity or white-collar criminal arrest. They may get the added benefit of "organizing" their surrender. When normal people would just be arrested.

But, he will be read his rights and fingerprinted and have to be photographed as process. And public records will make it available to media etc.
    240d22bf3aeda750fca5c00d2dfbf72a.jpg

It's a pity there's no perp walk but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Anyway, regular journalists tend to be more left leaning because they are
    a. college educated
    b. not rich.

Corporate management in most media are rich white guys who trend right.

When Chris Cuomo got fired for good reasons and Brian Stelter got fired for no obvious reason, CNN clearly jerked rightward.
    Journalists tend to be left leaning because, to be an ethical journalist you need to deal in facts, not lies or conspiratorial fantasies. That is now the main difference between the Left and the Right inn the US right now.

The Left believe in reality, in facts, in truth, in making an honest effort to make solutions to problems.

The Right deals in Lies, in their own conspiracy theories, and in creating problems.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I keep hearing about Trump doing a perp walk, but after seeing that man fall down ramps on tv I don't buy it. Perp fall, perp awkward tripping, maybe even a perp shuffle I'll buy, but perp walk? Nah, ain't happening.
    will they let him be cuffed to a golf cart?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Perhaps my thirty plus year hatred of Trump is getting in the way, but he shouldn’t get so much as one iota of leeway, former president or not. If he’s allowed to back out or wrangle his way into another date once, he’ll do it a second time, then a third, so forth and so on. Set a date, ONE date, and if Trump weasels out, send in the Marshals.
    He'll probably fake an illness that needs a long hospital stay.

Ultimate Member

Trump is just a strange guy.

According to Deadline WH- "He's a twice impeached, once indicted, forever disgraced ex-President".

At what point does he simply decide what he's going for isn't really worth it. The humiliation doesn't seem worth it to me.

I read Ivanka's statement and it was very, very measured and reasonable, from the little she put out one can tell she's just tired of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

According to Deadline WH- "He's a twice impeached, once indicted, forever disgraced ex-President".

At what point does he simply decide what he's going for isn't really worth it. The humiliation doesn't seem worth it to me.

I read Ivanka's statement and it was very, very measured and reasonable, from the little she put out one can tell she's just tired of it all.
    A narcissistic sociopath like Trump is fueled by playing the victim and revenge against anyone “disloyal”. There’s no humiliation to be had, there is just victimization. Which he knows is a great tool for bilking his cult members out of their money. He’s not a rational human being who can feel complex emotions.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There is from a report up to 30 counts that Trump was charged with. No one knows all the charges yet til they get unsealed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I don’t care about perp-walks or mugshots. I want that sweet conviction that will exclude him from running for President again.
    Everything else is just a bonus.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    First: How does that make what Russia did less bad? Do you have any shred of evidence that this reporter is in-fact a spy, like him having passports with 2 completely different names on them?

Second: How is Russia detaining an American citizen in the midst of such tension a "good" thing in your opinion? This question is specifically asked regardless of the reason for the detaining, just regarding the Global situation.

You defending this as valid too? The investigation that got him jail time for his Social Media posts was started because his daughter drew a picture. BTW that is the first paragraph of the story you claimed you read past the headline of.
    First, it's less bad because they're filling specific charges from the get go, which will be easier to substantiate/refute. The Polish authorities didn't charge their prisoner with anything concrete for a long time and were clinging onto the flimsy 2 passports thing for months, without even asking corroboration to the country that issued the passports about them being legit or not.

Second, did I say that "Russia detaining an American citizen in the midst of such tension is a "good" thing"?

Third, "The investigation that got him jail time for his Social Media posts was started because his daughter drew a picture" would've made for a better headline, but it's not what they chose.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The Times intentionally picks conservative voices, although curiously they tend to be conservatives who are against Trump.

Her coworkers did hound Bari Weiss out of the Times, and she's certainly not far-right.

There is also a distinction between the op-eds and the editorials. The latter are the official position of the Times, and it tends to be left-leaning.
    I wonder about that though...I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the supposed "cancelling" that Weis got was just a couple arguments over the watercooler or something. Don't forget she wasn't fired she quit. And she was quick to start repeating the dumbest anti-SJW talking points. I really think she decided it was easier to do the "cancel culture" grift than it was to do actual journalism.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    She. She was trans.
    I applaud your use of the correct pronouns.

BANNED

Indicting Trump only makes it more likely that he becomes the nominee. And I'm sure Alvin Bragg knows it. They think he's easier to beat than DeSantis and know the right will rally around him. But choosing your opponents is always dangerous. It's how you ended up with him in the first place. I say this all as a DeSantis supporter. It's a win-win in the media's eyes though. Because A) He is easier to beat. and B) If he wins, their ratings will go up again and they love being the so-called resistance speaking truth to power or whatnot. Back in the last election, I know some on the right were hoping Bernie would become the nominee because he would be easier to beat. I did not because I know how much damage he could do to our country and it's not worth the risk. Choosing your opponent is always tempting fate. And Trump love this. He's fundraising gangbusters and everyone is talking about him again. If he is truly this unique bad person they didn't want as president, people would realize that this only helps him. But like I said earlier. I think they are well aware. And they don't even believe he is uniquely bad because if DeSantis becomes the nominee, every one of these people is going to say he's worse.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

What other alternatives does Trump have?

He's dug himself in too deep, and being president is the only way he can dodge the charges that are aimed at him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I don’t care about perp-walks or mugshots. I want that sweet conviction that will exclude him from running for President again.
    Everything else is just a bonus.
    Do you think this will lead to a conviction? That's the part that matters.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets