Page 747 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 24764769773774374474574674774874975075175779784712471747 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m less concerned with the polling this time around and far more concerned with Trump and the GOP’s cheating and voter suppression. They know that’s the only way he wins. They’ve already done massive damage to the USPS which will be vital in this election. There will be fewer polling place and Trump has now ordered his Brown Shirts to go and intimidate voters.
    This exactly. Biden has consistently had a lead of around 8%. The GOP can only win playing dirty. I worry about destroying mail in votes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Trump can still win because the several battleground states are still in play.

The only states Biden has sizeable leads are in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Florida, North Carolina and Arizona are still very much in play.

Biden's lead in Michigan is sizeable but I'm not sure how stable it is.
    Trumps road to an EC win is very narrow. He loses without Florida. He can, but his chances are much smaller than 2016. Especially if he loses some of the States he got then.
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This exactly. Biden has consistently had a lead of around 8%. The GOP can only win playing dirty. I worry about destroying mail in votes.
    And they will play dirty as Hell. That is why the polls dont mean much to me. Voter intimidation and suppression. A Gop packed Supreme Court that will disqualify legal ballets. An EC that may hand him the election any way. With all this going on polls dont mean anything.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

If Trump wins but the democrats take back the Senate, the first issue on the docket should be impeachment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If Trump wins but the democrats take back the Senate, the first issue on the docket should be impeachment.
    Impeachment in the house and senate would go to the SC trial and the SC will acquit him with its current configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Impeachment in the house and senate would go to the SC trial and the SC will acquit him with its current configuration.
    Not how it works. Trial in the Senate, the Chief Justice presides as judge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not how it works. Trial in the Senate, the Chief Justice presides as judge.
    Right. In any case you need a two-thirds supermajority. The Dems are poised to take back the senate but not extend their mandate that much, so even then they won't have enough votes to take him out.

A WH with the Dems in charge of the House and Senate but GOP in the WH will be somewhat better in terms of Mitch being dropped off his perch, but it wouldn't check keep Trump in check all that much. Especially in cases where they need to overturn his veto with a supermajority which I don't know if they have.

Post election lame duck session, the GOP might want to save face and jettison Trump over the last 8 weeks to prevent him from doing actual damage to the country, and putting Pence in place, who can actually put forth THEIR agenda, and not Trump's own. 16 people might boot him just to get that small window without him flailing about.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Post election lame duck session, the GOP might want to save face and jettison Trump over the last 8 weeks to prevent him from doing actual damage to the country,
    Short of ordering nukes on American cities if he loses...which is not outside the realm of possibility...I don't know what Trump has done in his presidency that cannot be called actual damage to the country. He has presided over the 4th worst crisis in American History (after the 1918 Pandemic, The American Civil War, World War II), and the worst economic crisis since the Depression thanks to his mismanagement of the same.

The GOP married themselves to him, they do not want to save face or jettison him, because they don't really care about saving face anymore.

...and putting Pence in place, who can actually put forth THEIR agenda, and not Trump's own.
    Trump has put the GOP agenda into effect...juridicial domination, hijacking the SC, tax cuts for the rich.

16 people might boot him just to get that small window without him flailing about.
    Without McConnell in charge maybe Schumer and others can get Republicans to their side, maybe. But anyway this is all hypothetical.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Post election lame duck session, the GOP might want to save face and jettison Trump over the last 8 weeks to prevent him from doing actual damage to the country, and putting Pence in place, who can actually put forth THEIR agenda, and not Trump's own. 16 people might boot him just to get that small window without him flailing about.
    Too late for that. There is a lot of votes from the white nationalist crowd that Trump represents. The GOP isn't going to jettison that given the inroads they have made.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Man it is hard to watch Trumpers. And I live with a hardcore one so I hear it 24 hours a day.

Trump won the debate, he was well prepared and spoke like a master, His plans for the country are amazing. He would have been more civil and more willing to follow the rules if Wallace and Biden did not start attacking him. Biden was a tired old man who could not make a statement without messing up. Biden would not call out Antifa even though he was asked yes or no if he would.

How can they see something with their own eyes and twist it around like this. It amazes me.
    Oh, I know. I've been getting that from my sister on FB all day. Well, Trump wouldn't have to keep interrupting if Biden didn't keep lying about everything and Trump had to interrupt since he was debating against two opponents, Biden and Wallace. Trump is such a wise and altruistic president who cares deeply for black people and all people unlike that heartless, self-serving Biden and his evil Democrat buddies who exaggerated the whole Corona virus thing and caused a shutdown just to damage Trump's perfect economy and are making up things Trump never really said (despite saying them on national television) in a conspiracy of voter fraud to make sure he doesn't win.

I mean, Jiminy Christmas, it's like Republicans have converted to the Bizarro world where reality is backwards.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Oh, I know. I've been getting that from my sister on FB all day. Well, Trump wouldn't have to keep interrupting if Biden didn't keep lying about everything and Trump had to interrupt since he was debating against two opponents, Biden and Wallace. Trump is such a wise and altruistic president who cares deeply for black people and all people unlike that heartless, self-serving Biden and his evil Democrat buddies who exaggerated the whole Corona virus thing and caused a shutdown just to damage Trump's perfect economy and are making up things Trump never really said (despite saying them on national television) in a conspiracy of voter fraud to make sure he doesn't win.

I mean, Jiminy Christmas, it's like Republicans have converted to the Bizarro world where reality is backwards.
    That's my biggest take away, I can get ideological differences...but that's much different than the cognitive dissonance that I'm seeing in regards to the debate.

Also Trump calling on the Proyd Boy/White Supremacists foo s to stir **** shows just how shitty he is as a human being.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Too late for that. There is a lot of votes from the white nationalist crowd that Trump represents. The GOP isn't going to jettison that given the inroads they have made.
    The only way the GOP will abandon the Trump base (which has entirely become the GOP base at the moment) is if Dems radically change the game...i.e. ending partisan gerrymandering, bringing in new states like Washington Douglass Commonwealth and Puerto Rico, institute judicial review and end the filibuster. That would curtail minority rule (not overturn it of course) and force the GOP to the center.

New states mean additional EC votes which means a realignment is on the table, and that means that GOP would have to move to the center to some extent.

This is stuff the Dems can get done without changing the constitution. They aren't poised to get the mandate for that any time soon, so stuff like ending the EC altogether or term limits for the SCOTUS, that needs changes in the constitution and that's decades away.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Also Trump calling on the Proyd Boy/White Supremacists foo s to stir **** shows just how shitty he is as a human being.
    He tried to take that back today. He talked to a reporter to day and said "Well I dont know who these proud boys are but they need to stand down."

Fox News has been playing that on a loop every five minutes to prove Trump is not a racist and they are all saying "See he did call them out."

I admit I watch Fox news more then the other networks as of late because A my aunt has it on in the main room 24 hours a day. And two I just love seeing the spin they put on things PowerBoy is right they are living on Bizarro world where they make up their own reality.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.