Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    As long as the Republican donors stand behind Trump, he'll never go away. It's the donor class that holds all the strings and Donnie is their puppet.

And he's their meal ticket to regaining the WH.
    Yeah, I'm on record some pages back thinking that the King Makers were done with Trump, but it looks like I was wrong. I can see the Qpublican politicians, they're terrified he'll hang a nickname on them and get them primaried out in 22.

The Big Money tho? What can their game be? Just making sure that the Qpublicans don't get any funny ideas about cooperating with the Dems in the wake of their own mob trying to murder them along with AOC?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

As long as the Republican donors stand behind Trump, he'll never go away. It's the donor class that holds all the strings and Donnie is their puppet.

That leaves me to wonder if the GQP will run other candidates in 2024, or if they'll let Trump run unopposed. I find it hard to believe that could happen, even if Trump has a stranglehold on the party.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That leaves me to wonder if the GQP will run other candidates in 2024, or if they'll let Trump run unopposed. I find it hard to believe that could happen, even if Trump has a stranglehold on the party.
    They're going to need a potential alt seeing as if Trump is in prison by that point even if he could run he'd be at a major disadvantage should he be in jail. And that's also the big problem. The GQP doesn't really have any contenders for the presidency and any good moves made by the Democrats or even Independents will only cause Republicans to loose support over the next 4 years. Trump is what they're banking on and while Biden isn't perfect does have the nations support especially if he pulls the country out of the pandemic and makes good on financial aid be it student debt forgiveness or 1400 dollars. The hold up in congress is also a double edged sword. If the Republicans screw Democratic plans this means they're responsible and if Trump goes to jail this will be the party who not only killed half a million people out of negligence but also screw aid to the survivors out of spite. They need Trump but should he go to prison they're fucked.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

There's always Florida's Governor Ron DeSantis.
    Or if they're really desperate, Ted Cruz . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    There's always Florida's Governor Ron DeSantis.
    Or if they're really desperate, Ted Cruz . . .
    Daffy DeSantis. Fled Cruz. Fucker Carlson (if rumors about his being a candidate are believable). Ratface Rubio. Not exactly a lineup that gets the Qpublican faithful excited.

Ron DeFascist. Fled Cruz. Fucker Carlson (if rumors about his being a candidate are believable). Ratface Rubio. Not exactly a lineup that gets the Qpublican faithful excited.
    You used the wrong nickname to describe someone who has arrested critics and ensured lifesaving vaccines get to the places that didn't vote for him slower than the ones that did.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Boisterously Confused

Daffy DeSantis. Fled Cruz. Fucker Carlson (if rumors about his being a candidate are believable). Ratface Rubio. Not exactly a lineup that gets the Qpublican faithful excited.
    I know it all sounds nuts, but how likely was a Trump Presidency back in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You used the wrong nickname to describe someone who has arrested critics and ensured lifesaving vaccines get to the places that didn't vote for him slower than the ones that did.
    Damn! Hadn't heard about that vile **** regarding the vaccines. Yeah, your handle fits better. MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I've actually know people who have gone through Teach for America intending just to do it while figuring out their next step, and actually came to really love the kids and decided to stick with teaching as a career. And honestly, speaking from personal experience, teaching certifications don't matter nearly as much as your ability to connect with your students and understand what they need and what you can do to help them develop, and that's something you can only really learn on the job.
    It's a fair point that some of the people who take a teaching job expecting it to be temporary do end up sticking around.

Teaching does still have a high turnover rate, so that's a major issue to alleviate. That's not going to be fixed by making new programs intended to get new teachers who are only expected to stick around for a few years, leaving when they might have enough on the job training to be do the job well.

https://www.epi.org/publication/u-s-...market-series/

I do agree that the licensing requirements are flawed. Among other things, it focuses more on theory than on practical considerations, and the system gives new teachers the same responsibilities as their more experienced colleagues, when it mighr be better to find more ways to gradually acclimate new teachers to the profession.

The donors haven't really liked Trump.

Other candidates raised and spent more money in the 2016 primaries.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ary-opponents/

In the general election, Hillary Clinton and various Democratic organization raised more than Trump and the Republicans.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/g...n-fundraising/

Biden also outraised Trump.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/202...illion-update/

In fundraising, the problem with Trump isn't gatekeepers liking him, but his imperviousness to their preferences. The donor class would be happier with someone who has less drama.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I know it all sounds nuts, but how likely was a Trump Presidency back in 2015?
    Trump won the nomination largely because there were so many other candidates splitting the conventional Republican vote. I doubt any other candidate would have any chance at winning the nomination in 2024 if there was more than one Republican vying for the 'non-batshit-crazy' vote.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's a fair point that some of the people who take a teaching job expecting it to be temporary do end up sticking around.

Teaching does still have a high turnover rate, so that's a major issue to alleviate. That's not going to be fixed by making new programs intended to get new teachers who are only expected to stick around for a few years, leaving when they might have enough on the job training to be do the job well.

https://www.epi.org/publication/u-s-...market-series/

I do agree that the licensing requirements are flawed. Among other things, it focuses more on theory than on practical considerations, and the system gives new teachers the same responsibilities as their more experienced colleagues, when it mighr be better to find more ways to gradually acclimate new teachers to the profession.
    I don't know why you seem to think that hiring new teachers will somehow lead to more experienced teachers being pushed out, because as it is now the turnover has nothing to do with that and everything to do with teaching largely being regarded as a thankless, dead end career path, and many of them quite reasonably will seek to switch to more lucrative jobs if the opportunity presents itself. Programs like Teach for America exist in order to plug this gap, but it is still not nearly enough, and while it might not be ideal to have a fresh college grad trying to manage a class of rowdy teenagers, schools don't really have much of a choice, because they don't have the luxury of putting prospective teachers through a prolonged apprenticeship before giving them any responsibilities.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It should not escape our notice that Congress gives themselves raises whenever they feel their pay is slightly not enough.
    German MPs actually got a pay cut for the first time last year, as their income has been tied to the average German income since 2014, and that went down during the Pandemic for the first time in decades.

The GQP is hostage to Trump until he's dead, or they find someone with enough of a personality to slay him at the stump. CPAC just proved it. They've learned no lessons from being his lapdogs for five years, and at this point, you can't even call what's going on Stockholm Syndrome, because most of these morons actually are believing his cultlike lies, and embrace his fascist ideas. Conservatism is cruelty, and there's no one with as much disregard for human suffering due to a complete lack of Empathy as Donald Trump.

This is the RepubliQan Party until 2025. Unless he drops dead from all the hamberders.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The GQP is hostage to Trump until he's dead, or they find someone with enough of a personality to slay him at the stump. CPAC just proved it. They've learned no lessons from being his lapdogs for five years, and at this point, you can't even call what's going on Stockholm Syndrome, because most of these morons actually are believing his cultlike lies, and embrace his fascist ideas. Conservatism is cruelty, and there's no one with as much disregard for human suffering due to a complete lack of Empathy as Donald Trump.

This is the RepubliQan Party until 2025. Unless he drops dead from all the hamberders.
    Or he goes on trial, is convicted of his crimes and winds up in the big house.

(Yeah, I know, pipe dream)

Or he goes on trial, is convicted of his crimes and winds up in the big house.
    If only we could follow the French model and jail an ex-president if he's a criminal.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.