Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Joe Biden has won this fight.
    Barely, but yes he squeaked to the finish line before Donald which I guess is a good thing even if Trump has proven to be a much more formidable opponent against him than what many predicted.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be honest I am not going to really celebrate until after Biden is sworn in. The GOP has deep pockets. Lots of legal fights coming that will end in a supreme court that is controlled by the GOP and three members of which were licked by Trump.
    So if this goes to the Supreme Court and they rule in favor of Trump blindly....well, let's just say I don't think I would want to be in this country if that happens because I don't believe it would be a safe place.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To be honest I am not going to really celebrate until after Biden is sworn in. The GOP has deep pockets. Lots of legal fights coming that will end in a supreme court that is controlled by the GOP and three members of which were licked by Trump.
    Likewise.

Nevada's Numbers are murky at best. Georgia is less than 1%, but its almost over with Trump ahead. Not celebrating Pennsylvania yet until I see the actual proof. 300,000 'misplaced' swing state ballots that will never be recovered nor enforced doesn't help Biden's Case either.

For me, this race isn't over until its over.

Finally, even if Biden wins. 70 million people voted for Trump. Do you know how bad this makes the United States look? He failed this country so miserably and cause damage that will take a really long time (if ever) to repair.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    We will.

Joe Biden has won this fight.
    Arizona is at risk. New ballots are leaning towards Trump, shrinking the gap between him and Biden.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    So if this goes to the Supreme Court and they rule in favor of Trump blindly....well, let's just say I don't think I would want to be in this country if that happens because I don't believe it would be a safe place.
    I am sure there are ways that a lawyer could twist getting these votes discounted that will come off good on a sound bite to his nut job followers. And I am pretty sure that the GOP will pick more competent lawyers then Rudi to get this case going.

I am not saying it will happen. but the fact that this is a real fear by not just me but millions of people, and the talking heads on the news shows says a lot to how far we have fallen as a country.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Maybe it's time for the Democrats to stop putting forward the same ''Third Wave'' centrist candidates and try something different next time. Yeah, Biden won, but not by much and frankly, if it wasn't Covid-19, Trump would have won a second term.

I think Biden ran too much on not being Trump and if people want to bring up his progress agenda (that there is was no guarantee he was going to implement if he won), it's dead in the water because the Dems could not move the needle on the Senate. The Clinton ''Third-wave'' machine is a failure, break it, burn it and then bury it, it belongs back in 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Maybe it's time for the Democrats to stop putting forward the same ''Third Wave'' centrist candidates and try something different next time. Yeah, Biden won, but not by much and frankly, if it wasn't Covid-19, Trump would have won a second term.

I think Biden ran too much on not being Trump and if people want to bring up his progress agenda (that there is was no guarantee he was going to implement if he won), it's dead in the water because the Dems could not move the needle on the Senate. The Clinton ''Third-wave'' machine is a failure, break it, burn it and then bury it, it belongs back in 1992.
    Well Bernie wasn't a third wave candidate but he was too extreme for the more moderate left.

My assumption is that if this somehow fails to stay in Biden's favor and Trump gets 4 more years AOC or Harris will be the 2024 candidate. Maybe both on the same ticket.

Well Bernie wasn't a third wave candidate but he was too extreme for the more moderate left.

My assumption is that if this somehow fails to stay in Biden's favor and Trump gets 4 more years AOC or Harris will be the 2024 candidate. Maybe both on the same ticket.
    To be honest with Biden being a one termer if he does win we may see something like this any way.

Harris will of course be a storn and active VP as she has to get out there for her own run. She will do her best to make people more ready for more left Dems like AOC>
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-04-2020 at 07:32 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Nope if Trump wins, the Democratic Party will go to the right similar to the Dems after Reagan under Bill. Trump pulling through would be the end of the left.

Extraordinary Member

Harris didn't do a thing in the primaries and it looks like she made zero impact as a VP pick. Not really interested. Said before Biden should have just thrown progressives a bone on this

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Arizona is at risk. New ballots are leaning towards Trump, shrinking the gap between him and Biden.
    Yeah it's time to start buckling down. This election is going to be super close.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Harris didn't do a thing in the primaries and it looks like she made zero impact as a VP pick. Not really interested. Said before Biden should have just thrown progressives a bone on this
    What pick Sanders? And lose him the black vote. And choose another old dude as a heir and a spare as opposed to someone younger to complement him I.e. the formula for the presidential ticket in the modern era?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    What pick Sanders? And lose him the black vote. And choose another old dude as a heir and a spare as opposed to someone younger to complement him I.e. the formula for the presidential ticket in the modern era?
    Or Warren.

In case you didn't notice Biden did WORSE with the black vote than Hillary. She added nothing. If anything she hurt him because Republicans could run off the crime bill on Biden and Harris' as a prosecutor which are things that have been known to hurt her electorally. What was the benefit to her again? She's young? Didn't seem to matter.

You're making alot of blanket statements that have no evidence behind them and then your altertnative actively accomplished what you just presumed a progressive would do.

LOL @ “she’s young”

I think however you slice it Biden was the actual problem. Even Democrats weren't enamored with him but Bernie had virtually no shot against Trump and out of the remaining candidates Biden was the safest. It looks like it'll work, and I'm not sure who else the Democrats could have gotten that would have gotten better results. It's not like the candidate could have hit the campaign trail hard, conveying their platform. You knew what you were getting with Biden.