Incredible Member

No matter what happens im glad people of opposite sides can have good conversations on this forum. Very unlike twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    No matter what happens im glad people of opposite sides can have good conversations on this forum. Very unlike twitter.
    I agree with the sentiment
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Biden now within 3000 votes in Georgia!
    I'm about to die...just end it ugggggggh

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    The mods have always done a good job on this thread to shut people down who try to spread misinformation. I’ve seen a couple of post over the past year of people saying the COVID pandemic is a hoax. They aren’t seen on the thread again

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Remember how Tulsi Gabbard retired this year in Hawaii? Update on who took her seat over there!

Hawaiʻi is sending a Native Hawaiian to Congress.

Kai Kahele, who replaces Tulsi Gabbard, is only the second Native Hawaiian in Congress since Hawaiʻi became a state. The late Senator Daniel Akaka was the first.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

The mods have always done a good job on this thread to shut people down who try to spread misinformation. I’ve seen a couple of post over the past year of people saying the COVID pandemic is a hoax. They aren’t seen on the thread again
    Guess times have changed. I didn't agree with a particular topic. I was yelled at and told to get an education. Mods didn't do anything

Biden now within 3000 votes in Georgia!
    Pennsylvania is now down to a 1% difference
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 11-05-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Guess times have changed. I didn't agree with a particular topic. I was yelled at and told to get an education. Mods didn't do anything
    There are always going to be arguments, some more heated than others, but people who start posting about conspiracy theories get booted.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Mark Kelly will be an interesting Senator. He's up for election again in 2022, to go for a full term. Maybe he'll be the type of guy who can keep winning elections in Arizona. Maybe he'll do worse when he has an actual record.

If Mark Kelly has a successful Senate career, he would likely be a strong presidential candidate. I don't know if the Democrats would go for a moderate white guy over a woman of color who won on a national ticket.
    The Dems aren't an anti-white people party, contrary to belief and there are issues which can bring Dems behind Kelly as a candidate...gun control reform, science (an astronaut as a candidate), government investment in education and so on (aka NASA).

It's shameful that she's the second Hawaiian native to represent it.

Longtime lurker just popping in again to echo babyblob's thanks to WBE and Tami and the many other fine folks of this forum for engendering informed and enlightening discussion.

Really, you guys are keeping me sane during this week and are distracting me from the urge to drink through my entire wine cooler until this election is settled. So, cheers!

P.S. I don't know if the GOP will remove the malignant growth of Trumpism from its body, but I'd like (in the event Trump definitively loses this election) for moderate Republicans to start wearing red hats with the slogan "Make The Republican Party Great Again" on them. Just to piss off the extremists. When the Republican Party was last great is anyone's guess. I myself view Bush Sr. more fondly than the Republican presidents immediately before and after him but maybe that's faint praise?
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Longtime lurker just popping in again to echo babyblob's thanks to WBE and Tami and the many other fine folks of this forum for engendering informed and enlightening discussion.

Really, you guys are keeping me sane during this week and are distracting me from the urge to drink through my entire wine cooler until this election is settled. So, cheers!

P.S. I don't know if the GOP will remove the malignant growth of Trumpism from its body, but I'd like (in the event Trump definitively loses this election) for moderate Republicans to start wearing red hats with the slogan "Make The Republican Party Great Again" on them. Just to piss off the extremists. When the Republican Party was last great is anyone's guess. I myself view Bush Sr. more fondly than the Republican presidents immediately before and after him but maybe that's faint praise?
    Please contribute to WBE's Ass Cancer fund.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    When the Republican Party was last great is anyone's guess.
    1854-1876, those 22 years were the only time the Republican party were legitimately great, collectively as a party.

Great Individual Presidents -- Lincoln, Grant.
    Great Individual Republicans -- Fiorello LaGuardia, Earl Warren, Thaddeus Stevens, Frederick Douglass.
    Good to Competent Individual Presidents -- Theodore Roosevelt, Eisenhower.

A special note about Richard Nixon who is simultaneously a very bad President and also a capable President whose administration is far greater than Reagan's, Bushes, Trump combined owing to stuff like the EPA, removing the gold standard, progressive attitude to Native Americans.

I would laugh if Trumps the votes arnt legal and legit argument backfires and the Dems start to question all the Republicans who won Senate seats and House seats. I know they never will but it is fun to think about.

I asked my aunt about this. Why are the votes for Biden illegal but the votes for the Senate and house for the GOP are legit.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    No, we aren't. We're fucking tired of this ****. We're tired of the lack of progress. We're tired of being forced to live our lives by the laws of a religion we don't practice. Women are tired of old white men telling them what they can and cannot do with their own bodies. We're tired of being the only developed nation without medicare for all. We're tired of endless, senseless gun violence. We're tired of children... CHILDREN having to have active shooter training in schools. We're tired of not having clean drinking water. We're tired of starving children. Corporations that don't pay taxes. Rich men who don't pay their taxes. Student debt you can't work your way out of. Education as privilege. Arguing for basic civil rights. Dying in the streets. Preexisting conditions. Gerrymandering. Voter suppression. The fucking list goes on.

We are tired of the people standing in the way of fixing these issues. We do not welcome people who want to hold our lives back, and would rather see us sick, stupid or dead.
    How are you going to fix your country if you act this hostile to someone who has changed their mind? Forgiveness is necessary at times, especially when you risk driving them back into the arms of the ones you hate? How are any of us if we just keep attacking each other when there's more important things at stake?

Not everyone has their finger on the pulse about these kind of things and for good reason, when I had a political awakening I was terrified and started to obsess over it. If I had been unlucky I might have fallen into Q Anon or something equally horrible.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 11-05-2020 at 06:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Why are the votes for Biden illegal but the votes for the Senate and house for the GOP are legit.
    Especially since it seems that some people voted Biden but downballoted Republican which I am sure McConnell and others are aware of. No way are they gonna want to hand 45 a lifeline just to sink everyone else.