Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Terrible and full of lies as always.
    -- I have to ask where did this "greatest economy the world has ever seen" nonsense originate from? He's said it several times during the campaign but it's so over the top and unmoored from reality that it makes no sense. I mean historically the height of America's economy was the post-war boom from 1945-46 all the way to Stagflation in the mid-70s, it's a height America has never regained since. And that period was the pinnacle of the economy in the Western World, in America, England, France, Italy and Germany where states approached full employment.
    -- He doesn't once acknowledge that Joe Biden was the legitimate winner of the 2020 election or mention him or apologize for his lies.
    -- The claim that his is the first administration that hasn't started any new wars is misleading...technically Obama didn't start any new wars, he just managed the ones that W. already started (Afghanistan, Iraq) and W's wars are still ongoing with US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan without any real end or sign of stability, and indeed with basically the only positive (helping Kurdish liberation) retarded and undone.
    -- Sure Obama escalated with the drone program but Trump extended the drone program to even higher numbers (https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/20...bama-s-numbers). And the whole concept that Trump didn't start any new wars belies the fact that he actively tried many times to go to war in Iran and abrogated the Iran Nuclear Deal.

Anyway, the man who presided over 400,000 deaths directly as a result of his evil negligence is no man of peace and is no one to talk about his legacy.
    A go to strategy for Trump, the modern GOP, and right wing media is “repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    https://www.dailydot.com/debug/my-pi...-beyond-video/

Will someone explain to this "businessman" how the free market works? If people don't like your product, they stop buying your product. And if they don't like who you do business with, they will not only stop buying your product, but they will also tell anyone who will listen just why they are no longer buying your product. So unless he had an iron-clad contract that Bed Bath and Beyond and Kohl's have to carry his product no matter what, with no morals clause, he really has no standing. Oh wait, we've already established that he and Trump don't understand what the legal phrase "no standing" means, right?
    Sadly, I've learned that when elected Republicans say "Free Market" they mean "Crony Capitalism skewed in favor of our doners and the loudest conservative voices" and when they say "Crony Capitalism" they mean "any regulation meant to ensure an actual free market". You might think it nihilistic doublespeak, butI think it is more a display of entitlement - they can't imagine the public not wanting to buy what they are selling so any rejection of it must be due to something wrongfully tilting the playing field.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Trump’s farewell address.

The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I think he should do it. Let him become the bane to Republicans' existence.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The mental gymnastics of the far right on social media never ceases to amaze. The talking points making the rounds are about the fortification of the Capital and how it is proof that Biden is staging an illegal take over of the government because he stole the election. I would point out to them that the beefed up security is in place because of Trump’s attempted coup and the white nationalist threat but again I’m sure the answer would be “something something Antifa. Something something BLM operatives.”

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The mental gymnastics of the far right on social media never ceases to amaze. The talking points making the rounds are about the fortification of the Capital and how it is proof that Biden is staging an illegal take over of the government because he stole the election. I would point out to them that the beefed up security is in place because of Trump’s attempted coup and the white nationalist threat but again I’m sure the answer would be “something something Antifa. Something something BLM operatives.”
    "Something something complete. Heh, heh, heh..."
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So in comical news to twist the fucking knife more.....Tim McGraw is gonna perform at Biden's ceremony tomorrow. He will play his new song "Undivided".
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I think he should do it. Let him become the bane to Republicans' existence.
    But, but, it would divide the country! Republicans actually care about that, right?
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-19-2021 at 07:43 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

On immigration, I do like that Fox News is back to worrying about another "caravan" heading for the border. A nice distraction for their viewers from the reality of Trump's departure and Biden's swearing-in.

Fox News have started a round of layoffs that insiders are calling an ideological purge.

The big name so far is Chris Stirewalt, who called Arizona for Biden before anyone else did. I’m sure you all remember when Fox was the first network to call AZ for Biden. I do!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Fox News have started a round of layoffs that insiders are calling an ideological purge.

The big name so far is Chris Stirewalt, who called Arizona for Biden before anyone else did. I’m sure you all remember when Fox was the first network to call AZ for Biden. I do!
    Dude can write his own resume as far as I am concerned. I mean Fox's Decision Desk was actually the envy for election watchers because Murdoch created it with an eye for ratings so he paid top dollar for best and least partisan so that Fox would get the scoops.

Hopefully he gets hired and absorbed and made secure.

Calling Arizona was brilliant since they knew that Trump's votes in the red districts wasn't large enough and Biden had a lead before they got into Maricopa County and Pima County which was bonanza for the Dems.

Perfect. Divide the conservative vote and guarantee Democratic wins.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Perfect. Divide the conservative vote and guarantee Democratic wins.
    The DNC at this point are all...

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    With time running out on Trump’s presidency, I wonder if he’ll issue pardons to Hawley, Cruz, or any of the almost 150 gutless ass Republicans who voted to overturn the results of the election?
    CNN has a story up about how on Saturday Pat Cippolone explained to Trump that every person he pardons, it means they can't plead the fifth. Therefore, if they fail to pardon them of any specific crime, congratulations, you just made a cooperating witness to testify to any and all other crimes who can't use the fifth to escape it.

Ivanka and Jared sat in the room while this was explained. Trump might not be doing mass pardons because he's afraid it will only place HIM in worse legal jeopardy. And he can't trust flunkies to not roll over on him of the Cruz & Hawley type. Hell, he probably can't trust Jared & Ivanka.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.