Plus the fatality for one Congressman-Elect.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Mitch really seems to want Trump gone but the question isn’t so much whether McConnell wants Trump gone - the question is does he want him gone enough to potentially risk his entire Senate leader position and the political chances of his party regaining control of both the senate and the House on permanently nixing Trump’s ability to ever hold office? I’m endlessly curious to see what he ultimately decides to do.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-22-2021 at 12:30 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I wonder if Paul Rand realizes he's outing himself as a racist.

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul says Biden is ‘calling us racist’ in inauguration speech
    The GOP is always going off on any criticism of racism as unfairly targeting them, since they're always being "falsely" accused of being racist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    The GOP is always going off on any criticism of racism as unfairly targeting them, since they're always being "falsely" accused of being racist.
    Biden didn't even mention Paul or any Republican, but Republicans have to respond as if it's about them.

I mean the smart response from any other Western Conservative party would be, "Yes the incoming President said a good speech in agreement with our official anti-racist views" so as to separate themselves from any vocal utterances of racism. But Republicans don't get the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I wonder if Paul Rand realizes he's outing himself as a racist.

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul says Biden is ‘calling us racist’ in inauguration speech
    Rand can tone down the hyperbole. If Biden had actually referred to the Right as a bunch of nay-saying c***s during his inauguration speech, that would still be the only thing discussed in the news right now.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

Mitch really seems to want Trump gone but the question isn’t so much whether McConnell wants Trump gone - the question is does he want him gone enough to potentially risk his entire Senate leader position and the political chances of his party regaining control of both the senate and the House on permanently nixing Trump’s ability to ever hold office? I’m endlessly curious to see what he ultimately decides to do.
    They'll do nothing.

As much as most people want them to punish Trump, it will not happen.

People need to accept the reality that people like Trump will always get away with everything.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Beastie's Cartoons of the Week

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Beastie's Cartoons of the Week

Those are pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Those are pretty good!
    The Kamala one is going to be in future eText books I think.

I've seen some buzz for the Pulitzer already.

The issue is, should this happen, is the Republican Party so sworn in their fealty to Trump to get rid of leaders who are still around? Trump has no future in the party if they convict--Democrats will see to it that he will never be able to run again. Trump will spend the rest of his life running from prosecution, be it federal or state level. Him being thoroughly disgraced as an ex-president would have the effect of leaving Trump out in the wild and allowing Republicans to decide if they are ready to move on from him. I suspect most will be, especially if they don't feel like he will have any real impact on future primaries one way or the other. Voters have short attention spans and, frankly, if he disappears after being disgraced like that, they will forget about him.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Boisterously Confused

Tee Hee Hee. Trump steps out of the White House and into a company in crisis
    The picture emerging shows the inversion of Trump’s fortunes since 2015, when he entered politics promising to remake the country in the image of his growing, swaggering business.

Now, Trump returns to a business remade in the image of the country he led: beleaguered, indebted and toxically politicized.
    I'm sorry, the man just brings out the worst in me.

With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They'll do nothing.

As much as most people want them to punish Trump, it will not happen.

People need to accept the reality that people like Trump will always get away with everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    The issue is, should this happen, is the Republican Party so sworn in their fealty to Trump to get rid of leaders who are still around? Trump has no future in the party if they convict--Democrats will see to it that he will never be able to run again. Trump will spend the rest of his life running from prosecution, be it federal or state level. Him being thoroughly disgraced as an ex-president would have the effect of leaving Trump out in the wild and allowing Republicans to decide if they are ready to move on from him. I suspect most will be, especially if they don't feel like he will have any real impact on future primaries one way or the other. Voters have short attention spans and, frankly, if he disappears after being disgraced like that, they will forget about him.
    IMO, there are too many who - even tho they may loathe him - fear that voting for Trump's conviction guarantees a primary challenge with better than even odds against them. State of NY is probably the best hope for exiling this man from political office forever.

A couple of Bernie memes I made.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Plus the fatality for one Congressman-Elect.
    "Hundreds" of the National Guard are now testing positive.