Page 510 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1041046050050650750850951051151251351452056061010101510 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 75153
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Sorry WBE, add another fool to the pile. We got another Q fool heading for Washington.

Meet Marjorie Greene, the person who just took the Republican nomination for Georgia 14th Congressional District.

Georgia House candidate Marjorie Taylor Greene is coming under renewed scrutiny for her past racist rhetoric and embrace of conspiracy theories as she heads into Tuesday’s Republican primary runoff.

Greene, who faces neurosurgeon John Cowan in the 14th Congressional District to replace retiring Rep. Tom Graves (R), has made a number of bigoted remarks, such as calling African Americans “slaves to the Democratic Party.” She has also embraced QAnon, a far-right conspiracy theory that claims among other things the so-called deep state is plotting against President Trump.

If Greene wins on Tuesday and in November, she would be the first open QAnon supporter elected to Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    This is just from last year...

lol.
    Not really anything out of the ordinary, to be honest. When it comes to the party's nomination these people feed each other to the wolves, then once its decided, its time to play nice again.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

State Department did not consider civilian casualties when sending arms to the Middle East, report finds

The State Department did not fully consider the risk of civilian casualties when it approved more than $8 billion in arms sales to Middle Eastern countries last year, according to a redacted inspector general report released Tuesday.

An unredacted version of the report, obtained by POLITICO, also raised questions about Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s assertions that an emergency situation existed, allowing him to greenlight the sales over congressional objections.
    Lawmakers had asked the inspector general to investigate the transfer of military equipment to Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Jordan after Pompeo in May 2019 cited threats from Iran and used emergency authorities to transfer the weapons. The move short-circuited lawmakers, who had blocked some of the transfers for more than a year over concerns that the U.S.-made equipment could be used to kill civilians.

The inspector general determined that, on a technical level, Pompeo carried out his use of emergency authorities in accordance with the legal regulations, which give him considerable discretion in, among other things, determining what counts as an emergency.

Yet the IG also said the department “did not fully assess risks and implement mitigation measures to reduce civilian casualties and legal concerns” surrounding the transfer of precision-guided munitions to the three countries. The IG provided additional details about this failure, as well as a recommendation, in a classified annex of the report.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Oh yeah. That’s super crazy for a presidential candidate to point out their opponent’s shortcomings and bad decisions in an attempt to make themselves more electable. Completely unheard of.
    Don’t get me wrong: it’s always par for the course to attack a candidate for their record but Kamala accused Biden of perpetuating bigotry in a overtly calculated attempt to win more votes which is why I find it funny that Biden would pick someone who would smear him so humiliatingly. It’s politics, I get it, but I found it kind of funny. It’s not an overly big deal but it’s just something worth pointing out.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-11-2020 at 06:08 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Saw this on Twitter:

Joe Biden picked the running mate who challenged him the most aggressively in the primary debates.

Trump picked the weakest sycophant he could find.

Pence is going to be in a critical burn unit after Harris sets him afire.
    Can’t argue that. Harris versus Pence in a debate will be like the Mike Tyson-Michael Spinks fight, a first class mauling.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Televised Vice Presidental debates don’t really impact the election either way as people tend to pay much less attention to them than the presidential debates but I’m not going to lie it is going to be a blast to see Harris rip that bigot Pence to shreds in debate.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Televised Vice Presidental debates don’t really impact the election either way as people tend to pay much less attention to them than the presidential debates but I’m not going to lie it is going to be a blast to see Harris rip that bigot Pence to shreds in debate.
    Unless Trump drops Pence and choses someoen else
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Unless Trump drops Pence and choses someoen else
    I can't imagine anyone with a brain agreeing to sign on at this point.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Hum, no brain and a willingness to please Trump?
    Trump Jr?

So, 3/4 of the GOP then?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

Don’t get me wrong: it’s always par for the course to attack a candidate for their record but Kamala accused Biden of perpetuating bigotry in a overtly calculated attempt to win more votes which is why I find it funny that Biden would pick someone who would smear him so humiliatingly. It’s politics, I get it, but I found it kind of funny. It’s not an overly big deal but it’s just something worth pointing out.
    It is hardly surprising anymore. Some of the Presidential nominees picked their former presidential candidate rivals as their running mates. Like Reagan/Bush or Kennedy/Johnson.

Senator John Edwards had launched a smear campaign against Senator John Kerry who won the nomination and later picked Edwards as his running mate

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I've seen some folks suggesting Nikki Haley if Trump dropped Pence and oh man, that'd be like a public execution.

Fantastic Member

As a Howard graduate this is a feel good story but how much policy wlll be affected... this is status quo with a inclusive cosmetic filter over top of it...and "build back better" is a horrible slogan....

I voted for Harris over Biden the first time.

This makes be happy.

EDIT: She's already roasting him during his tweet storm. LOL.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-11-2020 at 08:44 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium