Page 1918 of 1918 FirstFirst ... 918141818181868190819141915191619171918
Results 28,756 to 28,763 of 28763
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Should the Secret Service and the Capitol Police be renamed?
    I don't think it's necessary but got no strong opinion for or against.

Secret Service sounds too much like something Putin or Hitler might have had, and the Capitol Police, according to news reports, believe they need to be treated less like Municipal police and more like, well, the Secret Service. That they need access to info regarding threats and so on.
    Capitol Police being treated like the Secret Service in terms of funding and prestige isn't a bad idea. Obviously the Capitol Police need better support but I am not in favor of the militarization of Capitol Police. and Secret Service which is heavy firepower without the overt militarization is a good way to square that circle.

As for Secret Service being something totalitarian-sounding...the fact is the Secret Service originated in the 19th Century well before Hitler (originally tasked with policing tax fraud, which is apparently still a side-hustle for them), so it escapes those associations in my view. And unlike Hitler and Putin, the US Secret Service avoids the overt militarized look.

I was thinking something more like the Executive Security Service or the Executive Protective Service, and the Capital Protective Service or the Capital Security Service.
    Don't have a problem with any of that. I don't think's necessary but as I said got no strong opinion for and against. I just want to avoid overt militarization that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Should the Secret Service and the Capitol Police be renamed?

Secret Service sounds too much like something Putin or Hitler might have had, and the Capitol Police, according to news reports, believe they need to be treated less like Municipal police and more like, well, the Secret Service. That they need access to info regarding threats and so on.

I was thinking something more like the Executive Security Service or the Executive Protective Service, and the Capital Protective Service or the Capital Security Service.
    How about "Kapitol Kops" and "All the President's Men"?

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I want the part where Gaetz goes to jail. All the rest are hors d'oeurves
    I hope he makes a run for it! Hilariously hopes he flees to a country where they'll kick him right back to the FBI loving arms.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    That’s just giving her the attention she wants to raise her status among the base.
    If people ask AOC about Greene her response should just be “Who? Is that someone important?”
    I agree. Giving Trashy Greene oxygen by acknowledging her antics is the wrong way to go, because that will only encourage the psycho bitch to keep up her nonsense. And while Qpublicans are unlikely to expel Madcap Margie from Congress, if they did, that would turn her into a martyr for right wing nutbags and Q crazies to rally around, and that's worse.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I agree. Giving Trashy Greene oxygen by acknowledging her antics is the wrong way to go, because that will only encourage the psycho bitch to keep up her nonsense. And while Qpublicans are unlikely to expel Madcap Margie from Congress, if they did, that would turn her into a martyr for right wing nutbags and Q crazies to rally around, and that's worse.
    ”Ignore the bully until she goes away” is kind of fallacious/impractical. Though “Don’t feed the troll” could cleanly apply here, as MTG keeps switching who she goes after. So it could be someone different, tomorrow, for all we know.