Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Look, I lean conservative but the thing is when two sides liberal and conservative talk about issues the point is not to convert but have a dialogue. It should be "I feel a c d e f". the other side says "I think "g h i j k". so then it becomes I disagree on points g j k i, but agree on h. It's about finding common ground on issues that matter. But instead it becomes mud slinging a lot I see on this board heavily towards Republicans. I haven't seen one post talking positively about a GOP candidate who does well and I haven't seen one post calling out a Dem. Back to mud slinging folks. Cherry pick something someone says and call them a bigot instead of reading the whole quote for context.
    "Find common ground"? With a party that supported an attempted coup to overturn the 2020 election?

With a party that shamelessly puts guns ahead of the lives of innocent kids?

With a party that sucks up to white supremacists?

With a party on a crusade to make life hell on Earth for transgendered people?

With a party out to kill Roe v. Wade, returning impoverished women to the arms of back alley butchers?

With a party that wants to ban books because they're too thin skinned to handle this country's racist history?

And on and on and on. You'll pardon me if I find your argument ludicrous.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Look, I lean conservative but the thing is when two sides liberal and conservative talk about issues the point is not to convert but have a dialogue. It should be "I feel a c d e f". the other side says "I think "g h i j k". so then it becomes I disagree on points g j k i, but agree on h. It's about finding common ground on issues that matter. But instead it becomes mud slinging a lot I see on this board heavily towards Republicans. I haven't seen one post talking positively about a GOP candidate who does well and I haven't seen one post calling out a Dem. Back to mud slinging folks. Cherry pick something someone says and call them a bigot instead of reading the whole quote for context.
    To quote Andrew Yang's tweet:
    "Here’s a secret: if you sit with experienced Democrats or Republicans they are fed up too. No one likes this system except the people whose interests are most tied to it."

He also said:
    "If you are sick and tired of excuses and failed leadership and nothing getting done because of our dysfunctional two-party system go to the Forward Party and let’s do something about it. Both us and our kids deserve better than this."

We have to be fair guys.

We have to give the GOP and their members the respect and compassion they refuse to give everyone else.

When 10 people are killed in a grocery store for the color of their skin and 19 kids are murdered and they say "Hey its America. it happens." Just say "Hey you may have point because of Hunters laptop."

When they pass laws to keep black people from voting or laws that will let Trans kids be taken from their parents because they try and get them medical care just say "That's okay because you know Hilary's Emails."

When they talk about the heroes of the 6th just look at them and say "Now that you mention it, Kamala Harris is a bit off putting and doesnt smile a lot."

We cant hurt any feelings of the GOP. We just have to sit here and let them take away our rights and forgive the killing of children and look for every other reason but racism in the Buffalo shooting and do it with a smile and we have to hank them and be nice.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I hear all the time from GOP voters.

"Oh I am made about Afghanistan. So I will vote GOP."

"Its a tax issue."

"I am made about Covid."

All I hear is

"Blah Blah Fake reason that lets me support Racism, Hate and Terrorism." No one who votes GOP can tell me different.

And what is even better "I hate Trump. I hate what he stands for. But I am going to go vote for the candidates that Trump endorsed and supported!"

So you know what GOP and GOP supporters. When your party does the things they do, and you get called out for the hate the racism, the terror supporting. Dont get all butt hurt and cry because the rest of the country is calling you all out for being the terrible people you are.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-28-2022 at 04:47 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    We have to be fair guys.

We have to give the GOP and their members the respect and compassion they refuse to give everyone else.

When 10 people are killed in a grocery store for the color of their skin and 19 kids are murdered and they say "Hey its America. it happens." Just say "Hey you may have point because of Hunters laptop."

When they pass laws to keep black people from voting or laws that will let Trans kids be taken from their parents because they try and get them medical care just say "That's okay because you know Hilary's Emails."

When they talk about the heroes of the 6th just look at them and say "Now that you mention it, Kamala Harris is a bit off putting and doesnt smile a lot."

We cant hurt any feelings of the GOP. We just have to sit here and let them take away our rights and forgive the killing of children and look for every other reason but racism in the Buffalo shooting and do it with a smile and we have to hank them and be nice.
    Oh, you are so-oooooooooo right, bb! We must indeed be kind and considerate towards our Qpublican brethren. Heck, to do my part, I might even go back to calling them Republicans. See? I can be open minded towards the folks on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh, you are so-oooooooooo right, bb! We must indeed be kind and considerate towards our Qpublican brethren. Heck, to do my part, I might even go back to calling them Republicans. See? I can be open minded towards the folks on the right.
    See baby steps. I can feel the country healing even as I type this.

See baby steps. I can feel the country healing even as I type this.
    Right on, my brother! RIGHT ON!!

I hear all the time from GOP voters.

"Oh I am made about Afghanistan. So I will vote GOP."

"Its a tax issue."

"I am made about Covid."

All I hear is

"Blah Blah Fake reason that lets me support Racism, Hate and Terrorism." No one who votes GOP can tell me different.

And what is even better "I hate Trump. I hate what he stands for. But I am going to go vote for the candidates that Trump endorsed and supported!"

So you know what GOP and GOP supporters. When your party does the things they do, and you get called out for the hate the racism, the terror supporting. Dont get all butt hurt and cry because the rest of the country is calling you all out for being the terrible people you are.
    I used to be a Republican, although I had stopped voting for them outside of state and local elections the cycle before Trump. I had been hoping that the party would drift back to a conservative, but still interested in governing party until they elected Trump, and I saw them rapidly embrace ideas which they had been opposed to a few months before. It took a few months after his election, but I registered as something else before the midterms.

I still consider myself somewhat conservative, at least enough of one to recognize that the Republican party had fully abandoned that philosophy in exchange for reactionary populism.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I used to be a Republican, although I had stopped voting for them outside of state and local elections the cycle before Trump. I had been hoping that the party would drift back to a conservative, but still interested in governing party until they elected Trump, and I saw them rapidly embrace ideas which they had been opposed to a few months before. It took a few months after his election, but I registered as something else before the midterms.

I still consider myself somewhat conservative, at least enough of one to recognize that the Republican party had fully abandoned that philosophy in exchange for reactionary populism.
    I was the same. I talked many times about how I was as a Republican in a Republican family. I voted the party ticket each time. I talked on here about what changed me. And watching the reaction to the last two mass shooting, the reaction by the GOP and their cult. I dont doubt my choice at all. I am not 100 percent the Democrats are the greatest. There are things they do I am not happy with. But damn I will take them any day over what the GOP has become. And it wasnt some slow moving we transformed this way. As soon as Trump came on the scene they all jumped on that wagon for fast it was amazing. It was if they were just waiting for a guy that let them be open about their hate.

One thing I am hearing and I dont know why I am shocked by the level of uncaring from the GOP cult is ,"I cant believe this is still the top story. Isnt there anything else going on in the news? You would think the whole country just stopped."

I still can not believe they unironically did the Onion bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I guess you could IF you sat down with a moderate Republican find a few points of agreement? But what would be the point?
    What moderates? Almost every Republican in Congress voted against the recent Domestic Terrorism Bill and the Infant Formula Safety Bill and then they blocked them in the Senate. There is not a single Republican who will vote for ANY gun legislation. ANY!
    They care more about making sure the Democrats fail than helping the country. They will do anything to get back into power. And when they do 2016-2020 will just be a preamble to the dismantling of this country.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What moderates? Almost every Republican in Congress voted against the recent Domestic Terrorism Bill and the Infant Formula Safety Bill and then they blocked them in the Senate. There is not a single Republican who will vote for ANY gun legislation. ANY!
    They care more about making sure the Democrats fail than helping the country. They will do anything to get back into power. And when they do 2016-2020 will just be a preamble to the dismantling of this country.
    Most moderate republicans have either been voted out of office in the primaries or have registered as something else (for those who didn't hold a political job). The extremists have purged the party quite effectively. The only moderates left either keep quiet or try to sound like the extremists who currently dominate the party, and I'm pretty sure most of the latter group has become the mask by now.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I was the same. I talked many times about how I was as a Republican in a Republican family. I voted the party ticket each time. I talked on here about what changed me. And watching the reaction to the last two mass shooting, the reaction by the GOP and their cult. I dont doubt my choice at all. I am not 100 percent the Democrats are the greatest. There are things they do I am not happy with. But damn I will take them any day over what the GOP has become. And it wasnt some slow moving we transformed this way. As soon as Trump came on the scene they all jumped on that wagon for fast it was amazing. It was if they were just waiting for a guy that let them be open about their hate.

One thing I am hearing and I dont know why I am shocked by the level of uncaring from the GOP cult is ,"I cant believe this is still the top story. Isnt there anything else going on in the news? You would think the whole country just stopped."
    Republicans used to have some semblance of principles, after all, they washed their hands of Nixon in the aftermath of Watergate, if that happened today, the GOP would’ve circled the wagons and bent over backwards to protect him, just like they do with Trump. That’s how far the party has fallen, though some would argue the rot goes back to the 60’s and it’s embrace of the infamous “Southern Strategy”. Today, the GOP is the party of racism, misogyny, xenophobia, homophobia, greed and an insatiable lust for power that drove them to attempt that overturn of the 2020 election, and it’s not going to reform itself, at least not in our lifetime, perhaps not ever.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Don't forget they voted against price gouging at the pumps. I'm registered as an independent, not really enamored with democrats but no way will I ever vote for republicans these days.

I think there is a big difference in HOW conservatives and liberals converse. Not to say that liberals aren't guilty of some of the same tactics from time to time, but when facts and strong evidence are met with deflection, cherry picking, whataboutism, and any other means to completely ignore what was brought to them, it can be very frustrating. As but one example, I seriously cannot think of a single incident where mention Trump's 26 sexual misconduct allegations to a conservative, several of which include rape and one of which was with a minor, weren't completely disregarded. Then to have these same people mention how creepy Joe Biden sniffing children's hair is creepy is disingenuous at best.

I would also like to submit that part of the reason that there is way more talk about conservatives on these boards is because there is soooo much more there to talk about. Worstblogever has challenged conservatives (and fringe progressives) repeatedly to come up with evidence that 'both sides are just as bad', but every one of them has, in some way, declined the offer. I'm inclined to believe that it's because the evidence to support this argument is grossly lacking.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.