Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Debate. Yeah, right. It sounds like some right wing hack wrote that piece.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    My theory....

Well I think it's starting to become evident now that Musk was trying to bluff buying Twitter. He likely never expected the company to take his absurd offer. In his mind he likely thought....I'll offer a crazy price and they will reject it. While I get more ego stroking praise from right wing pundits. My Musk fans will really go ape **** thinking I'm the tech Messiah. Yes all for me.

Then Twitter shocked him...they accepted the deal. Now Musk thought...OK I'll go get some banks to go with me on this deal. I'm Elon Musk so they will run to me.

But then Musk hit a road block. Once the banks looked at Twitter and the projected money and worth they saw that there was little if any profit. And not what Musk was selling so he didn't have people wanting to invest in this.

Now Musk was in a pickle. He would have to put up all the money for Twiiter or most of it here. He could do this. But this was a company Musk didn't want or need. Plus will take awhile to even get his money back.

Musk needed an exit strategy here. So he came up with the most comically dumb idea. The pulling the plug on spam bots on Twitter excuse. His thought was Twitter would move on....and for the 2nd time he got fooled. They dragged him into court to either do the deal or pay break up fee.

Now a lot is ego. If it's shown Musk would have to eat the near entire Twitter deal be will look silly. So his ego in part has him still trying to get backers as we see his lawyer admit.

It's my personal theory. Just a theory...
    Makes sense to me. Clearly Musk failed to anticipate the greed of the folks from Twitter who saw those billions of dollar signs and decided to cash out. Hell, who wouldn’t?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Dark Brandon just became Dank Brandon.
    Wow, that's something. The listing of pot on the federal controlled substances list has survived many different administrations with all kinds of political leanings and agendas. This will have many other ramifications, especially states where growing operations are legal, like California and Colorado. Now a pot farm developer will be able to secure a federal permit for pot grow operations and be able to have their dispensary money be in a bank and insured under FDIC. Right now, all the big pot grows have to keep their money in big vaults on the premises guarded by armed security guards.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-06-2022 at 06:32 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...ijuana-reform/

Satement from President Biden on majiruana reform.
    A important step in the right direction.
    This, Student loan forgiveness, pro choice, but let's her again how Dems and Biden need to give young people something to vote for.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I didn't disagree with the gist of your post, just wanted to correct the science.
    Oh yeah, I got that, and appreciated! There really is a big difference between 6 million and 100k, and humans and those adorable little monkey guys. I really always enjoy learning the correct science ... you know, I'm not a Republican.

(couldn't resist, sorry!)

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...ijuana-reform/

Satement from President Biden on majiruana reform.
    A important step in the right direction.
    Holy ****. I did not see that coming.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post

Holy ****. I did not see that coming.
    I'm sure we'll get the usual suspects screaming that it's 'not good enough' and 'worth less than nothing' and so on.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Wow, that's something. The listing of pot on the federal controlled substances list has survived many different administrations with all kinds of political leanings and agendas. This will have many other ramifications, especially states where growing operations are legal, like California and Colorado. Now a pot farm developer will be able to secure a federal permit for pot grow operations and be able to have their dispensary money be in a bank and insured under FDIC. Right now, all the big pot grows have to keep their money in big vaults on the premises guarded by armed security guards.
    Let's grow, Brandon.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'm sure we'll get the usual suspects screaming that it's 'not good enough' and 'worth less than nothing' and so on.
    Bonus points when it includes the expression "with a stroke of the pen".

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Dark Brandon just became Dank Brandon.
    Been a long time coming.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    More proof of how CTE is such a godawful condition. Herschel’s brains are more scrambled than the eggs at McDonald’s at breakfast time.
    I think Walker has always been "special", if you listen to old interviews. But now he has a political spotlight on him. CTE doesn't help, obviously.

Vaccines
    Masks
    Social Distance
    Being overall careful

New polls from CNN:

Nevada Senate - Laxalt vs. Cortez Masto - Laxalt +2
    Nevada Governor - Lombardo vs. Sisolak - Lombardo +2
    Arizona Senate - Masters vs. Kelly - Kelly +6
    Arizona Governor - Lake vs. Hobbs - Hobbs +3

This topic had actually come up for debate between myself and one of my conservative cousins last year. When I pointed out that virtually every state with the highest COVID death rates was red and almost all of the ones with the least deaths were blue ones, citing mask compliance and vaccination rates as the reasons, he countered with familial ties being stronger among Republicans and that made them less likely to adhere to strict social distancing guidelines.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    This topic had actually come up for debate between myself and one of my conservative cousins last year. When I pointed out that virtually every state with the highest COVID death rates was red and almost all of the ones with the least deaths were blue ones, citing mask compliance and vaccination rates as the reasons, he countered with familial ties being stronger among Republicans and that made them less likely to adhere to strict social distancing guidelines.
    Weird. I don't know anyone who hates their families more than republicans.

Hunter Biden is like an annual tradition - he always come up before US Elections

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...or-prosecution

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The old thread is broken, so I grabbed to opportunity to start a new one. Yay me.
    I don't really know what's going on. I know what the news says is going on, but a lot of this just isn't logical. Did we get invaded by disinformation bots that the geriatric men in politics just mindlessly believed? Is that how we got into this mess?

Kidding aside, I'm bothered by this. It has the potential to cause tension between actual people as they question each other's loyalties and the media is not helping. Pick a team? No, I think I'm going to vote Independent, and I'd encourage everyone else to do the same. Maybe we'll finally break the rules of the two-party system and get someone worthwhile in office for a change.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Hunter Biden is like an annual tradition - he always come up before US Elections

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...or-prosecution
    Hunter is the GQP’s lifeline for distracting everyone from the ongoing Documentgate with Trump, the 1/6 hearings which will be starting back up soon, and the evolving clusterfuck with Herschel Walker in Georgia. Pathetically predictable.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!