Felt bad for Bernie so I gave him what he's wanted for so long

Bernie-in-the-Oval.jpg
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Are you against the strike, or more concerned of the potential consequences of declaring the potential strike illegal?
    Seems like there's going to be consequences either way.

From the little bit I've seen and read, parents of students are split on it. I've certainly seen an article on parents who support where the union is coming from.

That being the case(never mind that Illinois is just coming off of "Stay At Home..." sorts of orders...) I'm just not seeing the upside of CPS and the mayor taking it in this direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Felt bad for Bernie so I gave him what he's wanted for so long

Bernie-in-the-Oval.jpg
    Well, that's the only time he'll ever be behind that desk...

Trump and Justice Dept. Lawyer Said to Have Plotted to Oust Acting Attorney General

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department’s top leaders listened in stunned silence this month: One of their peers, they were told, had devised a plan with President Donald J. Trump to oust Jeffrey A. Rosen as acting attorney general and wield the department’s power to force Georgia state lawmakers to overturn its presidential election results.

The unassuming lawyer who worked on the plan, Jeffrey Clark, had been devising ways to cast doubt on the election results and to bolster Mr. Trump’s continuing legal battles and the pressure on Georgia politicians. Because Mr. Rosen had refused the president’s entreaties to carry out those plans, Mr. Trump was about to decide whether to fire Mr. Rosen and replace him with Mr. Clark.

The department officials, convened on a conference call, then asked each other: What will you do if Mr. Rosen is dismissed?

The answer was unanimous. They would resign.
    Their informal pact ultimately helped persuade Mr. Trump to keep Mr. Rosen in place, calculating that a furor over mass resignations at the top of the Justice Department would eclipse any attention on his baseless accusations of voter fraud. Mr. Trump’s decision came only after Mr. Rosen and Mr. Clark made their competing cases to him in a bizarre White House meeting that two officials compared with an episode of Mr. Trump’s reality show “The Apprentice,” albeit one that could prompt a constitutional crisis.
    Last edited by Tami; 01-22-2021 at 07:58 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Senate impeachment trial arguments to start February 9

Being that he is no longer President, and can be arrested for Contempt of Congress for not appearing when a subpoena is has been served to him, I wonder if he will, in fact appear before the Senate. I wonder if Democrats in the Senate have the balls to hold him accountable if he doesn't.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post

Being that he is no longer President, and can be arrested for Contempt of Congress for not appearing when a subpoena is has been served to him, I wonder if he will, in fact appear before the Senate. I wonder if Democrats in the Senate have the balls to hold him accountable if he doesn't.
    A Senate Impeachment Trial isn't a regular trial. Trump doesn't have to appear in person, his lawyers do but not him in person.

A congressional subpoena and being held in contempt is only a thing if the House invites you and you don't attend.

Astonishing Member

There is still only so much they can do. If they can subpoena him to testify that would be a must. But I don't know how that works legally. and can it be enforced.

At this point conviction doesn't seem likely. GOP is not budging even after the insurrection. They would rather "move on" so they can get on Fox news and whine about Biden not having any GOP cabinet members or whatever nonsense complaints they have.

Astonishing Member

This is disingenuous. If you watched the Democrats during the last trial they didn't back at nailing Trump to the wall. The only reason he wasn't evicted then was because the GOP covered for him, because they're spineless. Now they have the added incentive of Trump trying to kill them all, and even signs that the GOP want him gone. The only reason this would fail is because the GOP didn't want Trump gone.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If there’s any one reason Trump’s fat feet need to be held to the fire and prosecuted out the ass, this damn sure qualifies. Trump can NOT be allowed to get away with such blatant transgressions.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hearing the Fauch sound so happy and light was the best part of last week. Dude looks years younger.

Fauci is even more forthright in an interview yesterday.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/polit...ntv/index.html

He says that Trump's approach "very likely cost lives".

The Facebook messages are truly scary. Someone was giving them detailed directions.

6575343F-6414-4B95-A7E6-2C773ED6ADEC.jpg

Federal authorities presented new details on Tuesday about three self-described members of a paramilitary group who are the first to be charged with plotting the attack on the U.S. Capitol.

The FBI said a Virginia man, Thomas Edward Caldwell, appeared to be a leader of the effort. Caldwell and a man and woman from Ohio were all charged with conspiracy and other federal counts, the first of more than 125 people arrested in connection with the Jan. 6 assault to be charged with conspiracy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another small step in the right direction...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN29R2O5

California opens civil rights probe into Los Angeles Sheriff's Department

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    IMO, there are too many who - even tho they may loathe him - fear that voting for Trump's conviction guarantees a primary challenge with better than even odds against them. State of NY is probably the best hope for exiling this man from political office forever.
    Impeachment votes should be anonymous for that exact reason.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe