Page 944 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 444844894934940941942943944945946947948954994104414441944 ... LastLast
Results 14,146 to 14,160 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

I’m talking about the surge of uneducated white voters in the swing states in 2016 and I’m referring to the current swing state average. The polls underrepresented the uneducated white voters in the battleground states and that’s why the 2016 polls in those states were fairly inaccurate.

Biden is currently leading in almost all the battleground states and in Wisconsin a ABC/Washington Post Poll (an A rated pollster) came out today that has Biden up by 17 points. Biden leads by around 8-9 points in Pennsylvania and Michigan. Even if there are “unaccounted for voters”, that shouldn’t lead to a swing of 8%-9% in the final vote count. In addition, Clinton’s lead over Trump was pretty much collapsing at this point in 2016 because of the Comey revelation, that simply isn’t the case this year as Biden has maintained his lead throughout the election cycle.

That’s why I said modern polling as we know it is done if Trump should win despite his apparent massive statistical disadvantage. There would be too “much wrong” this time to ever take them seriously again.
    Last edited by Username taken; 10-28-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I’m talking about the surge of uneducated white voters in the swing states in 2016 and I’m referring to the current swing state average. The polls underrepresented the uneducated white voters in the battleground states and that’s why the 2016 polls in those states were fairly inaccurate.

Biden is currently leading in almost all the battleground states and in Wisconsin a ABC/Washington Post Poll (an A rated pollster) came out today that has Biden up by 17 points. Biden leads by around 8-9 points in Pennsylvania and Michigan. Even if there are “unaccounted for voters”, that shouldn’t lead to a swing of 8%-9% in the final vote count. In addition, Clinton’s lead over Trump was pretty much collapsing at this point in 2016 because of the Comey revelation, that simply isn’t the case this year as Biden has maintained his lead throughout the election cycle.

That’s why I said modern polling as we know it is done if Trump should win despite his apparent massive statistical disadvantage. There would be too “much wrong” this time to ever take them seriously again.
    People will have to take Voter Suppression and Intimidation into account if he does win.

He won unexpectedly partly due to people not paying attention to all the sneaky stuff the Republicans were pulling.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 10-28-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Was just about to post about this. I hope no one got irreversibly sick. But maybe that's all it takes...

https://theweek.com/speedreads/94633...er-omaha-rally
    I mean...thoughts and prayers...

Astonishing Member

Biden's healthcare plan.

Based on Biden’s statements in the last presidential debate, there are three key components to Bidencare: automatically enroll qualifying people in Medicaid in states that did not adopt the Medicaid expansion, reducing premiums and reducing drug prices by allowing Medicare to negotiate with insurance companies, and ensuring protections for pre-existing conditions.

“What I’m going to do is pass Obamacare with a public option and [create] Bidencare,” Biden said. “The public option is an option that says that if you in fact do not have the wherewithal, if you qualify for Medicaid and you do not have the wherewithal in your state to get Medicaid, you automatically are enrolled, providing competition for insurance companies. ... Secondly, we’re going to make sure we reduce the premiums and reduce drug prices by making sure that there’s competition, that doesn’t exist now, by allowing Medicare to negotiate drug prices with the insurance companies. ... Lastly, we’re going to make sure we’re in a situation that we actually protect pre-existing” conditions.

Week out. This is when everybody watching closely loses their minds and starts biting their nails so much they begin to take off fingers - remember it's okay to unplug and stay sane.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    People will have to take Voter Suppression and Intimidation into account if he does win.

He won unexpectedly partly due to people not paying attention to all the sneaky stuff the Republicans were pulling.
    It is alarming how they media pundits are just taking in stride that Trump and the GOP have A) stated clearly they have no hope of getting the support of the majority of Americans and want to win only through the Rube Goldberg election process. And more importantly B.) Are opening suppressing the vote and trying to stop mail in votes from getting to the polls. And are opening trying to stop the votes that do get in.
    Because it is Trump and their is no normalcy, they just accept this miscarriage of Democracy as "unorthodox".
    Why not call it what it is.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The polls in 2016 said the majority of Americans are voting for Hillary. And that's what happened.
    Everyone really needs to dial back the whole “polls were inaccurate” thing, because they weren’t.

Whelp. I am still pulling for Biden/Harris. But **** has got to stop with the hate. Just got mugged by four black school kids. lol bitches attacked me from behind, tossed my lunch at me. And stuff

So Biden is up 8 points or more in PA and MI, a poll in WI has him up 17 there, and nationally, he's polling at like +10 to +12 in every poll that isn't Rasmussen (who tend to be unreliable and leaning Republican).

Those are the 3 "inside straight" states from 2016.

Meanwhile, Trump held a rally last night in NEBRASKA. And f***ed up by bailing on Air Force 1 and leaving the elderly attendees stranded in below freezing temps miles from their cars. The OPTICS of that. But still... NEBRASKA. Why campaign in Nebraska? Is he actually trying to bring Covid-19 to states he hasn't yet? Going into the Dakotas all summer so they're hotspots wasn't enough?

Meanwhile... VP Biden, Sen. Harris, and President Obama are campaigning in Texas, Florida, and Georgia. They're keeping the heat on in states that would make this an electoral landslide and where Biden is polling just SLIGHTLY ahead. But TX and GA, I suspect, are not as much about the electoral college... it's about making the down-ballot Senate races in those states to assure control of the Senate. Rev. Warnock is surging in polls in Georgia while Kelly Loeffler and Doug Collins are cratering. John Cornyn is starting to panic while looking over his shoulder at MJ Hegar.

There's no strategy to what's doing, unless his strategy is "spread the virus and/or cater to 45's ego".
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Whelp. I am still pulling for Biden/Harris. But **** has got to stop with the hate. Just got mugged by four black school kids. lol bitches attacked me from behind, tossed my lunch at me. And stuff
    WTF?! I hope you aren't beat up too bad man!

I'm sorry you got jumped, but I fail to see what this has to do with the election.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    WTF?! I hope you aren't beat up too bad man!
    Ehh they hit like little girls. My grandpa was a tougher bastard.

And by election I think sometimes the police thing leads to **** like this? I mean people are getting pushed off at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm sorry you got jumped, but I fail to see what this has to do with the election.
    Election? This can all be traced back tot he violent, divisive, hostile rhetoric Trump spews every time he opens his mouth. Trump would love to see bloodshed at the polling places. He wants people at each other's throats.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Damn that’s horrible. I’m sorry that happened to you. People, regardless of race, need to knock that **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Yeah, it has nothing to do with the election or politics. This is a thing that just happens.