Page 932 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 432832882922928929930931932933934935936942982103214321932 ... LastLast
Results 13,966 to 13,980 of 75153

My family (At least, the six adults...) cast our ballots tonight in Oregon. Same way we always do: we took them to the Local election office and deposited them in the mailbox. Same way we’ve done for every election for the last 22 years.

Man. Mail in ballots are the BEST. Easy, convenient, secure.

I see why Trump is so afraid of them...I mean ‘So concerned about their potential for fraud’, sorry. I forgot that, as a manly man (with tiny hands and a mouth that looks like a prolapsed anus with teeth) the President isn’t afraid of anything...

BTW: This **** is important! The Trumps want DinnZjr to replace him when he is gone! They want to turn America into a monarchy and their cult are thrilled at the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Wish they would all get it through their heads- Bernie Sanders will never be President.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    What Jared and Ivanka have to realize is that when one brings a lawsuit for libel or slander, the burden of proof is on you. So they each have to prove that the content of those billboards is false. But the one with Ivanka contains two provable facts and the one with Jared contains a quote from him that was recorded. I'm guessing that their strategy is the same as Ivanka's father's strategy: delay, delay, delay until the other side offers a deal. But I don't see the Lincoln Project doing that.
    The Lincoln Project already sent a letter back to their lawyers, full of legal jargon that essentially boiled down to 'Go f-ck yourselves.'

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Agreed. And while we’re at, a law needs to be put in place where Election Day is declared a national holiday so people can vote without having to take time off from work.
    I work for Square, and they have worked hard to make sure we can vote. They essentially made it a paid holiday where we can work if we want for time and a half, and if we work we can set our schedules so that we can go vote. And if we don't want to work, we don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    BTW: This **** is important! The Trumps want DinnZjr to replace him when he is gone! They want to turn America into a monarchy and their cult are thrilled at the idea.
    It's likely that Junior will be indicted for his own crimes, so that won't be happening.

The idea that DJTJr is the next Republican front-runner for president is clearly a further sign of delusions of grandeur run in the family and that the cocaine high hasn't worn off.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

First, that would be incredibly unlikely even if it was just Jr.

Jr. with Guilfoyle in tow?

I don't think that enough money could be printed to cover all of the bribing that one would have to do to wind up within a light year of that coming to pass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The idea that DJTJr is the next Republican front-runner for president is clearly a further sign of delusions of grandeur run in the family and that the cocaine high hasn't worn off.
    You can’t really blame the Trumps. The GOP has thrown its full weight behind Trump despite his instability, corruption, lies and belligerence. Party members that don’t fall in line are treated as outcasts and even party leadership has given in. Even guys like Ted Cruz that were anti- Trump have fallen in line. Chris Cuomo really hammered Ted Cruz on this, like, how can you support a man that insulted you and your wife?

While it’s totally unlikely that Trump Jr will even get a sniff at the party nomination, it’s not surprising that the Trumps feel they can “rule” the GOP. Trumpism really is the new conservatism and old school conservatives are nowhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    You can’t really blame the Trumps. The GOP has thrown its full weight behind Trump despite his instability, corruption, lies and belligerence. Party members that don’t fall in line are treated as outcasts and even party leadership has given in. Even guys like Ted Cruz that were anti- Trump have fallen in line. Chris Cuomo really hammered Ted Cruz on this, like, how can you support a man that insulted you and your wife?

While it’s totally unlikely that Trump Jr will even get a sniff at the party nomination, it’s not surprising that the Trumps feel they can “rule” the GOP. Trumpism really is the new conservatism and old school conservatives are nowhere to be found.
    Well, I don't know who the person is that tells them, "Shut up you entitled douchebag" is, but that moment is coming. I'd wager it's going to have to be someone with a military background who does it more forcefully than McCain's feud with Trump.

As of now, this "Republican with a spine" remains hypothetical.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That support goes away unless Trump himself remains a kingmaker after leaving, as well as his children being able to build their own bases in the Trump cult/GOP. If he fails at either it now with Trump and right now he's on the edge of losing it. He could very easily become the next George W. Bush.

It remains to be seen how strong it is without Trump keeping it afloat as president.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Coronavirus Pandemic, Spiking Hot Spots Spark Fear And Anxiety In U.S.

As of Sunday, there were more than 8.6 million confirmed infections in the U.S., with deaths climbing to over 225,000. Meanwhile....

White House Chief Of Staff Mark Meadows: ‘We’re Not Going To Control The Pandemic’

President Trump has repeatedly said the U.S. has the COVID-19 crisis “under control.” It's official: They're run up the white flag.

Christie ‘Surprised’ Pence Will Campaign After Aides Test Positive For COVID-19

“You got to keep yourself away from everybody,” said the former New Jersey governor, who was recently hospitalized with the coronavirus.

====================

In non-coronavirus news:

‘That’s Enough.’ ‘60 Minutes’ Airs Footage Of Trump Abruptly Leaving Interview

“I think we have enough of an interview here,” the president said. Pissy POTUS got his panties in a bunch over questions he couldn't handle. What a snowflake! Meanwhile....

Mary Trump’s Grim Analysis Of Trump Campaign: ‘He Knows He’s In Desperate Shape’

“He’s going to burn it all down, sow more chaos and division because that’s where he succeeds,” the president’s niece predicted. That much is obvious.

Kamala Harris: Being The First Female Vice President Would Change The Future

“It helps change the perception of who can do what, because that is still part of the battle after all.”
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-26-2020 at 01:57 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What policies would you like to see?
    I wish I were smart enough to have good answers for that. The election system needs more space and time and money, they need to make voting and the different kinds of voting accessible, and they need to inform people about the pros/cons and how to best vote. That's a lot of work and I don't know the best way to do it, but just because I'm too dumb to fix the problem doesn't mean it's not a problem that needs fixing. That's why I'm hoping the Dems will work on it in the coming years.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

They Lost Their Jobs In The Pandemic. Now Defeating Trump Is Full-Time Work.

Norberto Meniano feels as though everything in his life is riding on this election. So when the 49-year-old unemployed restaurant worker knocks on doors for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in Las Vegas, he starts the conversation by talking about himself.

As a native of the Philippines, Meniano shudders at the way President Donald Trump denigrates immigrants like himself. As a gay man, he worries about the direction of LGBTQ rights under a conservative Supreme Court. As the husband of a man protected from deportation by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, he wonders if the love of his life will be forced to leave. And as a cook on the Las Vegas Strip who’s been out of work since March, he fears he will lose the home he bought last year.

Sometimes, Meniano doesn’t even make it through his story before voters are crying in their doorways, tears running down into their masks.

“They tell me, ‘Thank you for doing this,’” said Meniano, who became a U.S. citizen in 2012. “It makes me want to knock on 10 more doors, 20 more doors.”

Meniano is one of millions of workers who lost their jobs earlier in the pandemic and still haven’t been hired back. With his schedule wide open, he is now canvassing full-time in hopes of ousting Trump from the White House. His union, Unite Here, has been paying him and other out-of-work members an hourly wage to knock on doors and get out the vote for Biden and other Democrats.

Unite Here says it has turned more than 1,000 of its members into canvassers in four swing states: Nevada, Arizona, Florida and Pennsylvania. Like Meniano, many are immigrants and other people of color who feel threatened by Trump’s racism and hardline policies. They also face a long and painful spell of joblessness due to a pandemic that the Trump administration has grossly mismanaged. Roughly three out of four of the union’s members are still out of work.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, I don't know who the person is that tells them, "Shut up you entitled douchebag" is, but that moment is coming. I'd wager it's going to have to be someone with a military background who does it more forcefully than McCain's feud with Trump.

As of now, this "Republican with a spine" remains hypothetical.
    The ****?

My main tents of being a conservative taught to me as a child is this.

1: Education is the most important **** in the world. It makes your country better ( because projecting how great you are as a country so others be like you. Same nationalism.)

2: Actually be the best, not claim that you are without the truth

3: Strong family values. Also build strong community.

4: Knowing right and wrong. Know to do the right thing.

I voted Biden because Trump and the current GOP have none of that ****!

That’s being a Republican with a spine.

Note: Those rules were not bull **** stuff fed by my parents. But government school I was taught in high school. As a senior you literally were taught how government works. I checked that stuff as my priorities in “where do you stand?” Not a grade but a opinion.

Trump is a damn cult leader. Not a Republican.

This is the **** that pisses me off. Republicans vs Trump is a thing by the way. Like at this point there is no legit reason Trump can win. Which is what scares me.

CINCINNATI – For more than 15 years, accusers of Michael Mearan felt as if they were screaming into the void.

In voices both strained with emotion and seemingly hardened with trauma, they stepped forward – cautiously, with trepidation – to level their allegations: that Mearan, a former Portsmouth, Ohio, city councilman and still-practicing attorney, trapped them in a cycle of drug abuse and sexual servitude.

They told their stories to agents with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. To FBI investigators. To journalists with The Cincinnati Enquirer, part of the USA TODAY Network. The worst that came of it were the convictions of eight defendants who pleaded guilty to drug charges – and none of those eight were Mearan.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/untouchab...225807171.html

The attorney general charging him had this to say about him:

“If Dante were around, he’d invent an eighth circle of hell for this guy,” he told The Enquirer late Friday, hours after Mearan was arrested outside his Portsmouth office on 18 felony charges.

The ****?

My main tents of being a conservative taught to me as a child is this.

1: Education is the most important **** in the world. It makes your country better ( because projecting how great you are as a country so others be like you. Same nationalism.)

2: Actually be the best, not claim that you are without the truth

3: Strong family values. Also build strong community.

4: Knowing right and wrong. Know to do the right thing.

I voted Biden because Trump and the current GOP have none of that ****!

That’s being a Republican with a spine.

Note: Those rules were not bull **** stuff fed by my parents. But government school I was taught in high school. As a senior you literally were taught how government works. I checked that stuff as my priorities in “where do you stand?” Not a grade but a opinion.

Trump is a damn cult leader. Not a Republican.

This is the **** that pisses me off. Republicans vs Trump is a thing by the way. Like at this point there is no legit reason Trump can win. Which is what scares me.
    None of what you listed has anything to do with being 'conservative', except depending on what you mean about 'family values'.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I wish I were smart enough to have good answers for that. The election system needs more space and time and money, they need to make voting and the different kinds of voting accessible, and they need to inform people about the pros/cons and how to best vote. That's a lot of work and I don't know the best way to do it, but just because I'm too dumb to fix the problem doesn't mean it's not a problem that needs fixing. That's why I'm hoping the Dems will work on it in the coming years.
    They have been, the problem is it's not "sexy" news and everything they do is overshadowed by Trump's endless scandals.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/08/polit...hts/index.html

The legislative package calls for far-reaching ethics and government changes that would impact Congress, the President and even the Supreme Court.
    HR 1 would ban congressional lawmakers from sitting on corporate boards. It would also stop lawmakers from using taxpayer money to reach settlements in employment discrimination cases stemming from their own actions.
    It would also institute an ethics code for the US Supreme Court that would apply to high court justices.
    The bill is aimed at lessening the influence of big money in politics and it takes aim at Citizens United, the landmark 2010 Supreme Court decision, by calling for a constitutional amendment to overturn the high court ruling that opened the door to unlimited spending by corporations and unions to influence elections.