Page 496 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3964464864924934944954964974984995005065465969961496 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I do give props to Biden for one thing. To have a group of millionaire donors all together and tell them at a fundraiser he's gonna raise their taxes after he's in office takes balls. I mean literal big balls to tell these people giving your campaign money. I saw that article and was like , damn. That is a big move.
    Not if everyone in the room know that it is most likely all talk.

Its a good damn bet many of them will pay the price later. I mean yeah whats gonna happen to many of them is sad for sure.
    What's going to happen to other people because of Sturgis is sad. **** those bikers. They don't give a **** about themselves, or anyone else. It's Darwinism. Let them all die from their stupidity. It's just a shame they will undoubtedly take others with them.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not if everyone in the room know that it is most likely all talk.
    Its not though. I read his tax plan online . Its one where those making over $400,000 will see raises in taxes again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    What's going to happen to other people because of Sturgis is sad. **** those bikers. They don't give a **** about themselves, or anyone else. It's Darwinism. Let them all die from their stupidity. It's just a shame they will undoubtedly take others with them.
    I hate for anyone to die of this. In reading how terrible it is. Even the group in Sturgis not giving a **** at all. No one deserves to die from this. Even those who are being morons.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Its not though. I read his tax plan online . Its one where those making over $400,000 will see raises in taxes again.
    Is he actually doing it?

If not, it's still pretty squarely in the "All Talk..." ballpark.

Not saying there is no chance that he will actually do it should he become President. Just saying that I will take what he is saying seriously once I see him actually doing it.

This is the same guy that was part of an administration that said they would deliver on card check.

Well, guess what they never delivered on?
    Last edited by numberthirty; 08-09-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    He's banking on the fact that his supporters won't do much research beyond the headline: Trump Does Away With Payroll Tax.
    The fact is that employers are legally bound to withhold the money anyway or faces fines. The average worker either won't see an appreciable benefit in their pay or wages will be cut to accommodate the annual fine.

I think we'll see more of these fake helping through executive order moves over the next few weeks.
    So all you do is create a new place to hold that money.

Educators do not put money into social security. We have the TRS (teacher Retirement System) even if we are not teachers and don't have a say in how much goes in. I think this year it's 7% that goes in. Of course in Texas we got Dan Patrick trying to get rid of. Of course he gets push back to those attempts because TRS also includes colleges and college coaches like making in the millions.

I hate for anyone to die of this. In reading how terrible it is. Even the group in Sturgis not giving a **** at all. No one deserves to die from this. Even those who are being morons.
    I don't even want to see anyone get seriously ill or have to deal with the aftermath of being moderately ill with the disease we are discussing.

That said, folks really need to realize that even the degree to which wearing something like a bandana is going to make a very real difference.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    This is what it looks like when a pyramid scheme is making an attempt to rip off a particular community. Which is apparently not something that Harris even though warranted an investigation back when she was AG.

http://saltydroid.info/herbalife-vs-black-people/
    Okay good, you have provided some empirical evidence that Herbalife was targeting the African American community, so we can assume this was the case in California as well.

Again though, it makes no difference to me, as I'm not a Harris supporter for VP, so I do not know why you brought it up. Nevertheless, hopefully the issue is brought more into the media limelight.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Yeah.

Anyone not named Bernie Sanders has to accept donations from the wealthy in order to have campaigns. It's just an unfortunate reality of politics today.
    I don't begrudge Warren for taking donations from millionaires. But, like any other candidate, due diligence should be done to ensure those donations don't come with "strings" that would effectively corrupt/usurp the entire candidacy.

I also don't begrudge people who change their minds - they're allowed.
    If done too often, it can affect the public perception of what a candidate stands for, making them seem unreliable.
    But I don't believe, if elected, that Elizabeth would do another 180 and become a conservative - if that's what you're insinuating.

As for the endorsement, that's a little more complicated.
    Though Progressive, Warren is not "anti-establishment" in the same sense that Sanders is (whether or not that perception is true or deserved).
    She's all about moving the DNC leftward through traditional insider politics, towing the party-line where necessary, building bridges and relationships, i.e. doing the hard work.

When the Great DNC Presidential Consolidation of 2020 happened, Warren was in a tough spot:
    • Back the Progressive Candidate, possibly alienating the Party and burning those bridges on a gamble.
    • Back the Consensus Candidate, and continuing building credit with DNC to ultimately move it leftward by other means.

So, again, I don't begrudge Warren's decision here.

Ultimately, I think Warren is a good politician, doing great work, but she made a few mistakes this election cycle and was immediately and undeservedly treated very unfairly, especially by the progressive base.
    I like Warren's policies and use to be a supporter of hers, but her back history of lies & stretching the truth adds up too much to me. (Read up on it if you haven't)

I think Bernie Sanders is a man of integrity, and i'm inclined to believe him over Warren concerning the allegation "that only a man can beat Trump" Being an old white guy, an allegation like that is most likely plausible in the minds of many people, but when I look at the track record of honesty of the two, Warren has a lot of credibility issues/

In my opinion, and this is just an opinion. Warren didn't back Sanders in the primaries because she was eyeing 2024 at the time, while leaving the door open for VP. At the time the odds still seemed to be favouring Trump for 2020, and Sanders will be too old to run in 2024, which puts her in the driving seat of running as the parties left wing populist.

I don't think Warren would do a 180 degree turn, but I think Warren is about Warren first, so if she suddenly starting sliding towards the Clinton corporate left once in power...it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So all you do is create a new place to hold that money.

Educators do not put money into social security. We have the TRS (teacher Retirement System) even if we are not teachers and don't have a say in how much goes in. I think this year it's 7% that goes in. Of course in Texas we got Dan Patrick trying to get rid of. Of course he gets push back to those attempts because TRS also includes colleges and college coaches like making in the millions.
    The point is that Trump is creating unrealistic expectations to motivate people to vote for him by making it look like he's doing them a favor when he's at best not improving their situation or, at worst actually screwing many of them over.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

I do give props to Biden for one thing. To have a group of millionaire donors all together and tell them at a fundraiser he's gonna raise their taxes after he's in office takes balls. I mean literal big balls to tell these people giving your campaign money. I saw that article and was like , damn. That is a big move.
    Yeah, that's a daring move that Joe Biden is biting the hand of the people who are feeding him money. But that can be all bark and no bite. He will probably change his tune if he wins the election.

Amazing quote from Trump supporter in Sioux City: “Mike Pence is a wonderful gentleman, I’d say he is like the very supportive, submissive wife to Trump. He does the hard work, and the husband gets the glory.”
    Twitter Link

‘Christianity Will Have Power’: Donald Trump made a promise to white evangelical Christians, whose support can seem mystifying to the outside observer.

SIOUX CENTER, Iowa — They walked to the sanctuary in the frozen silence before dawn, footsteps crunching over the snow. Soon, hundreds joined in line. It was January 2016, and the unlikely Republican front-runner, Donald J. Trump, had come to town.

He was the boastful, thrice-married, foul-mouthed star of “The Apprentice.” They were one of the most conservative Christian communities in the nation, with 19 churches in a town of about 7,500 people.

Many were skeptical, and came to witness the spectacle for themselves. A handful stood in silent protest. But when the doors opened and the pews filled, Mr. Trump’s fans welcomed him by chanting his name. A man waved a “Silent Majority Stands With Trump” sign. A woman pointed a lone pink fingernail up to the sky.

In his dark suit and red tie, Mr. Trump stood in front of a three-story-tall pipe organ and waved his arms in time with their shouts: Trump, Trump, Trump.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-09-2020 at 01:40 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I like Warren's policies and use to be a supporter of hers, but her back history of lies & stretching the truth adds up too much to me. (Read up on it if you haven't)
    Seeing as how you brought them up, would you be able to supply a link to Warren's lies?

Not doubting their existence, it is politics after all.
    I'd just like to see the severity and judge accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    In my opinion, and this is just an opinion. Warren didn't back Sanders in the primaries because she was eyeing 2024 at the time, while leaving the door open for VP. At the time the odds still seemed to be favouring Trump for 2020, and Sanders will be too old to run in 2024, which puts her in the driving seat of running as the parties left wing populist.

I don't think Warren would do a 180 degree turn, but I think Warren is about Warren first, so if she suddenly starting sliding towards the Clinton corporate left once in power...it wouldn't surprise me.
    That all might very well be true.

Or at least a real factor in the endorsement decision, as well.
    Certain people might liken that strategy less to selfishness and more to savvy.

Hm.

Politics as a career is messed up, and probably shouldn't be a thing.
    It takes good ideas and embroils them into people's career ambitions and ego.

Who better to enact your policies than you when you are in power, right?
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

I don't think so. If the Dems take power, undoing the absurd Trump tax cuts is a top priority.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

White House trade adviser Peter Navarro defends Trump's executive orders: "I mean the Lord, and the Founding Fathers created executive orders, because of partisan bickering and divided government. That's what we have here."
    Twitter Link

Uh, huh?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Seeing as how you brought them up, would you be able to supply a link to Warren's lies?

Not doubting their existence, it is politics after all.
    I'd just like to see the severity and judge accordingly.

That all might very well be true.

Or at least a real factor in the endorsement decision, as well.
    Certain people might liken that strategy less to selfishness and more to savvy.

Hm.

Politics as a career is messed up, and probably shouldn't be a thing.
    It takes good ideas and embroils them into people's career ambitions and ego.

Who better to enact your policies than you when you are in power, right?
    Sure but you don't have to bold my comments, I can recall what I said, I don't need assistance.

There was a good investigative article a while back during the feud between Warren and Sanders. It touched on various issues, unfortunately I am getting ready to go out the door for vacation, so you'll have to wait until I return. (I don't want to spend my vacation time on CBR)

In the meantime if you do your own digging I'm sure you'll come to your own conclusion, which may be similar or different than mine, cheers.