Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So who else would you rather have as a candidate instead of Biden?
    I'd like someone younger, but if no one runs, gimmie Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So who else would you rather have as a candidate instead of Biden?
    Gavin Newsom or Gretchen Whitmer

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Somebody pointed out that DeSantis is being completely ignored by speakers. And as empty as these halls are, can he win a primary without them and their money?
    I think Ron's been doing pretty well as far as fund raising, I believe he's sitting on like $218 mil for the 2024 election. People might not be showing up in person for certain events, but DeSantis and a lot of "anti-woke" rhetoric has a lot of support.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    DeSantis has no chance against Trump, IMO. Why would the redneck MAGA base prefer DeSantis over their beloved orange buffoon?
    Because a lot of people who were turned off by Trump's vulgarity will turn out for a a guy with similar "policies" but a more professional demeanor. I believe this is why De Santis won't return the mud slinging back at Trump this early in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    They GOP will kill us all as soon as they get chance, but they're sure not making any secret who they intend to start with.
    First they came for the trans people...

Because they're Nazis. The 2023 Republican Party are Nazis. Just in case the allegory wasn't clear enough to anyone.

Newsom won’t do well in the Midwest or northeast. His wealthy west coast wine country vibe will turn a lot of people off.
    Whitmer may have a chance if she can be down to earth and speak from the heart. Earnest concern for every day people and their problems is really what most are looking for in a candidate.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 03-04-2023 at 07:16 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, they at least can pretend to decency...

...usually.
    Yeah, I'm more surprised that Nick was considered in the first place. It's not like he ever hid who he was or what he believed.

Realistically, it's Biden or Harris. What's the path to winning a nomination for anyone not the incumbent President or his veep?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Because a lot of people who were turned off by Trump's vulgarity will turn out for a a guy with similar "policies" but a more professional demeanor. I believe this is why De Santis won't return the mud slinging back at Trump this early in the game.
    Sooner or later, Wretched Ron will have to face Trump. From what I’ve heard, debating isn’t DeSantis’ strong suit, and trying to outtalk Caramel Caligula is a fool’s errand.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sooner or later, Wretched Ron will have to face Trump. From what I’ve heard, debating isn’t DeSantis’ strong suit, and trying to outtalk Caramel Caligula is a fool’s errand.
    Agreed.

You can either beat Trump down or get dragged down by him.

I wonder if DeSantis would consider the VP spot since Trump is pushing 80 and his arteries are probably clogged with decades of Big Mac grease. Could be an easier way into the Oval Office. Instead of fighting for the MAGA vote he would be the official heir apparent in the eyes of Trump’s cult.

He can't handle any conversation he doesn't have 100% control of. He even melted down when Fox "news" interviewed him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    So...the GOP scum in Florida want to make it legal for parents without legal custody to kidnap trans kids from their supportive parents/guardians. Including across state lines.
    No, it's worse than that, being suspected of wanting your child to transition is cause, which means we'll see lot of child trafficking in Florida.

Invincible Member

That's why I think Ron's handlers will really have to get Ron to step up as the "adult in the room". He can't out-Trump Trump himself, so there's no point in trying. But he can run on his military service, political experience, and being free of sex scandals ( as of now at least). Ron won't be able to win over the majority of Trump's fans, but I think he might have a change to peel off a few. He'll get the moderates and the folks out there already who are falling for his culture war nonsense.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wonder if DeSantis would consider the VP spot since Trump is pushing 80 and his arteries are probably clogged with decades of Big Mac grease. Could be an easier way into the Oval Office. Instead of fighting for the MAGA vote he would be the official heir apparent in the eyes of Trump’s cult.
    Oh, I've seen a few pundits already calling for this...