Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    i suspect richard nixon will become an increasingly obscure president as time moves forward. With the go to as bonespurs continues to overshadow him as the crooked president. He'll be remembered more like a Polk or a Coolidge, where you've probably heard of him but don't know anything besides that.
    https://www.***************.com/bide...024-2021-3?amp
    anyway while i have no doubt that biden had nothing to do with the investigation itself. I bet knew early in his administration where this is going. Like it seems like he has to stop himself from laughing everytime he's asked about trump. And if he wondered out loud if there would even be a republican party in 2024, maybe trump is just the first domino who was involved in the stolen documents. Jordan, Graham and Mccarthy all frequently visited the scene of the crime. And they'll all flip on each other.
    Your link is being censored for some reason; guess there's something about that particular website or the name of it is too close to something else the system tries to keep out.

Unanswered in Indictment’s Details on Trump’s Hoarding of Documents: Why?

Surprising or not, Christ Christie sums it up pretty well:

Late last year, as public reports made clear that prosecutors believed Mr. Trump still had classified material in his possession, one of Mr. Trump’s friends-turned-adversaries, Chris Christie, the former governor of New Jersey, offered a simple explanation.

“I think it’s much more likely they’re a trophy that he walks around and says, look, I’ve got this,” Mr. Christie, who is now campaigning for president against Mr. Trump in the Republican primary, told ABC News. “I’ve got this classified document or that, because remember something: He can’t believe he’s not president.”
    Mr. Christie went on, “He can’t believe he still doesn’t get these documents, and he needs to display to everybody down at Mar-a-Lago or up in Bedminster during the summer he still has some of those trappings.”

He suggested it was why Mr. Trump had a reproduction of the Oval Office Resolute Desk put into his office at Mar-a-Lago.

“All the rest of those things are things that are assuaging, you know, his disappointment and his disbelief that he’s not the president anymore,” he said.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Not gonna lie, right now I am happy Chris Christie is running. He was already in full attack mode against Trump, and unlike Pence, he is telling people the truth about this indictment.
    Someone from the Republican party needs to tell the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I am aware of that. But right now, he is making himself useful.
    He's bringing American sports playoff spoiler energy.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 06-10-2023 at 05:07 PM.

Incredible Member

Sometimes, images are stronger than words.
    FyNbab2aEAARv0V.jpg

Invincible Member

Meanwhile in Florida...

https://twitter.com/AnnaForFlorida/s...83474276990976

Of course, on the flipside there is Walt's rumored anti-semantism and anti-union thoughts...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    FyNbab2aEAARv0V.jpg
    That's terrible. How are you going to wake up at 3am to pee with no carpet by the toilet to warm your feet.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

In other words, Trump couldn’t handle not being president. He needs those trappings to feel satisfied and has to have that daily rush that came from being arguably the most powerful man in the world. Beyond the more practical issue of presidential immunity, what with those indictments hanging over his head, Trump longs, if not lusts for that rush again to sate his bloated ego.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    That's terrible. How are you going to wake up at 3am to pee with no carpet by the toilet to warm your feet.
    Never mind toilet issues, how in the hell do you get to the shower with all that junk in the way?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

As long as I live, I will never be able to understand how someone so desperate to impress people managed to persuade so many people to ride off a cliff for his sake.

I have an easier time understanding how freakin' Hitler could do it, than Trump. Trump opens his mouth, and you can hear him begging for approval every third sentence.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    As long as I live, I will never be able to understand how someone so desperate to impress people managed to persuade so many people to ride off a cliff for his sake.

I have an easier time understanding how freakin' Hitler could do it, than Trump. Trump opens his mouth, and you can hear him begging for approval every third sentence.
    I suppose you could see this as sort of a symbiotic relationship. In her book (which I’ve read), Mary Trump explained that Donald constantly craves approval which he rarely, if ever got from his father, so, he looks for it from his cultists because he gave them a public forum to express their hatred of minorities, immigrants and gays, and they love him for that. Both win, in a warped way.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I suppose you could see this as sort of a symbiotic relationship. In her book (which I’ve read), Mary Trump explained that Donald constantly craves approval which he rarely, if ever got from his father, so, he looks for it from his cultists because he gave them a public forum to express their hatred of minorities, immigrants and gays, and they love him for that. Both win, in a warped way.
    Yeah, but in presentation, he's not a strong man. He's clearly begging for approval, next to a gaping pit of longing.

I know how powerful it can be to give someone permission to be their worst selves, but he lacks all strength of conviction.

I do understand what you're saying, but I just struggle to process it. If I run off a cliff, it would be for an evil Stallone or Bruce Willis, not an evil Ed Woods in a fat suit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, but in presentation, he's not a strong man. He's clearly begging for approval, next to a gaping pit of longing.

I know how powerful it can be to give someone permission to be their worst selves, but he lacks all strength of conviction.

I do understand what you're saying, but I just struggle to process it. If I run off a cliff, it would be for an evil Stallone or Bruce Willis, not an evil Ed Woods in a fat suit.
    You are seeing it as he is now. Trump was a Con Man from day one. He knew how how to game the system, take the money, and still come off like a self-made millionaire with beautiful women hanging from his arm and gold plated toilets to do his business on.

Some of his followers still see him like that, the successful businessman who makes everyone else rich too (which was all an illusion). Others just see him as the one who will do just about anything if they give him chants, and praise, and money. Anything including destroying the country. These people are using him as much a he is using them.

And some of his followers are just plain delusional.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Trump, is an odd way, illustrates some of the cultural differences between the US of the 21st century and the Germany of the early 20th when it comes to what form nationalism takes in each country; that’s why he doesn’t compare “well” to Hitler and why his fascism doesn’t seem very Nazi-like in terms of stereotypical Nazis from pop culture.

I mean, first off, it needs to be acknowledged or realized that Nazis were also EXTREMELY pathetic and stupid even in the context of Nazi Germany; they were actually the biggest handicap and weakness the country had in WWII because they were so irrationally stupid and petty.

…But they were born out of the decaying corpse of Imperial Germany and led by delusional but fanatical WWI veterans; the ideal they were always going to fail to live up to still had elements of the old professional Prussian military, and the leaders were true believers who been blooded in actual battle.

Modern American fascism has, almost comedically, emerged from self-consumed and cynical upper middle class and poor country Boomers who, while not without some military experience scattered here and there, also grew up largely safe and sound in an era of imperialistic “police actions” which many of them avoided in one way or another; to put it bluntly, they’re still quite capable of violence and chaos, but they’re very soft and cowardly, and their fanaticism isn’t up to snuff with expectations, being based more off denial than conviction.

They’re more akin to Italian fascism - the punchline of WWII - and Trump’s like a more bloated, lazier, and dumber Mussolini.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    FyNbab2aEAARv0V.jpg
    Yeah it screams bad taste. You have an ornate gold mirror, gold faucet, gold towel bar and gold doorknob, marble sink, marble floor, marble shower surround, crystal wall sconce in case you somehow missed the crystal chandelier and yet a basic shower curtain, toilet, uncovered box of Kleenex and cheap plastic trashcan, along with what looks like an unadorned basement window. It's saying "I have money but don't know how to spend it". Not to mention in all of Mar-a-Lago there's no walk in closet big enough to store all those stolen documents.

Astonishing Member

Someone pointed out, behind the chandelier and behind the curtain to the upper right, you can see what looks like more boxes. If true, then that bathtub is full of stacked boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Someone pointed out, behind the chandelier and behind the curtain to the upper right, you can see what looks like more boxes. If true, then that bathtub is full of stacked boxes.
    Trump: "Hide them real good! Where no one will ever find them!"

NAUTA: "Durrrr you got it, boss!" (pulls curtain)

Trump: "Great job. Here, have a biscuit."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.