Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Jessie Watters on Fox News just did a rant on Denver giving Trans Homeless people 1 K a month.

He was very kind. Saying it doesnt matter if it were 100 K a month because it would just go to the drug dealers. And his guest (Dont know who it was) said it didnt matter if it were a million a month because they still wouldnt buy a house because they want to live on the street,

That is what passes as new in America.
    To be honest, I don’t know why you waste time watching Faux News. That garbage channel is nothing more than brainwashing that’s poisoned the minds of scores of gullible people and contributed to the division in the country today.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    To be honest, I don’t know why you waste time watching Faux News. That garbage channel is nothing more than brainwashing that’s poisoned the minds of scores of gullible people and contributed to the division in the country today.
    Can't speak for BB, but I like to read conservative news and opinion outlets for the same reason I like places like RT.com, to see what people with perspectives outside of my own are thinking. Fox is like most talking head cable news shows, light on content and mostly fluff, but it's somewhere to start. Occasional nuggets of something.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Can't speak for BB, but I like to read conservative news and opinion outlets for the same reason I like places like RT.com, to see what people with perspectives outside of my own are thinking. Fox is like most talking head cable news shows, light on content and mostly fluff, but it's somewhere to start. Occasional nuggets of something.
    Like when I clean the litter box.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Same here.

Except for the really offensive stuff from Tucker Carlson and the likes, I just generally skim their news reporting.

Oh WBE-Eeee....

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1573098307672576006

Matthew DePerno, GOP candidate for attorney general in Michigan, is being investigated for breaching voting machines across the state. Now an email obtained by CNN shows he also requested bags of sealed ballots. .

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    God, this was so stupid I had to google to confirm. Please don't be offended.

My lord, Trumpers are so easily fooled by performative acts, aren't they?
    Oh, I'm not offended. When the original story was first reported, I thought it had to be a story from The Onion, until I saw it in other news sources.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Several people from Ukraine who have relatives in russia said over the past few months that they called them, but those relatives don't believe them.
    One woman called her mother in russia on the first day that they are being bombed, she did not believe her own daughter. One boy that is currently in our country called his father who asked him: Why is Ukraine attacking us?!!! Several other stories like that. That country is beyond help.
    Yes, saw several stories like that on BBC. It does make you wonder just how powerful constant propaganda can be.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Trump to rioters: "We love you, you're very special."

Meanwhile:

'Hitler moustache' Capitol rioter sentenced to four years

Tourists, eh?

Timothy Hale-Cusanelli, 32, was a Navy contractor who held a government security clearance when he joined the storming of Congress in January 2021.

The accused took the stand in his own defence at trial, claiming that he "didn't know there was an actual building that was called the 'Capitol'".

"I feel like an idiot," he added.
    One naval officer who was interviewed claimed to recall Hale-Cusanelli saying in an apparent reference to the Holocaust: "Hitler should have finished the job."

The defendant's case was spotlighted at a Trump rally earlier this month, at which his adoptive aunt Cynthia Hughes - who raises money on behalf of riot defendants - spoke.
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 09-23-2022 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Yes, saw several stories like that on BBC. It does make you wonder just how powerful constant propaganda can be.
    Stalin murdered 20 million Russians, yet they cried when he died.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I watch because I want to see first hand what they are saying. What Spin Fox News puts on things. I dont want to get information second hand.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Alarm as Koch bankrolls dozens of election denier candidates

Fossil fuel giant Koch Industries has poured over $1m into backing – directly and indirectly – dozens of House and Senate candidates who voted against certifying Joe Biden’s win on 6 January 2021.

Koch, which is controlled by multibillionaire Charles Koch, boasts a corporate Pac that has donated $607,000 to the campaigns or leadership Pacs of 52 election deniers since January 2021, making Koch’s Pac the top corporate funder of members who opposed the election results, according to OpenSecrets, which tracks campaign spending.

In addition, the Super Pac Americans for Prosperity Action to which Koch Industries has given over $6m since January 2021, has backed some election deniers with advertising and other communications support, as well as a few candidates Donald Trump has endorsed who tried to help him overturn the 2020 election, or raised doubts about the final results.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

That kid who was murdered by that sicko who claimed the kid was "a Republican Extremist" was lying. It was determined that the kid was not. The killer should never again be free, as he's a danger to everyone he meets. He should be rearrested instantly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That kid who was murdered by that sicko who claimed the kid was "a Republican Extremist" was lying. It was determined that the kid was not. The killer should never again be free, as he's a danger to everyone he meets. He should be rearrested instantly.
    Did the 18 yr old lie about it thus setting off a guy who had mental issues or did the guy lie outright, I don't understand. I'd also like a link if you have one.

So, Ron DeSantis explained in a news conference how it was the American Revolution that caused people to question slavery, and that no one had questioned it before we decided as Americans that we are endowed by our creator with unalienable rights. Wow, you learn something new every day.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So, Ron DeSantis explained in a news conference how it was the American Revolution that caused people to question slavery, and that no one had questioned it before we decided as Americans that we are endowed by our creator with unalienable rights. Wow, you learn something new every day.
    There's a lot more insanity coming out of DeSantis' 'patriotic education' bull. It's all fascistic nonsense.