Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    One of my two dogs died last night.
    So Sorry to hear Tami.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Here is a question Lets say the GOP takes control of the Senate back in the mid terms. and that they control the Senate in 2024 . When it comes time to certify the election if Trump loses if he runs again and the Dem wins what happens if the GOP Senate refuses to certify the election?
    2024 has all the makings to of a crisis the likes we’ve never seen.

Thanks.

And sorry for posting this here. It's not the right place for it.
    I don't really see anything to be sorry about. Not seeing this news winding up here being any big deal.

Sorry to hear it though.

Even when you can accept that they are older, any stretch of time where they are clearly not well is tough to go through.

Both, kinda. He was old so we knew it could happen. But he seemed fine during the day, then suddenly got sick in the evening. We did what we could for him, but he then died.

I wasn't going to post anything about it, but my hands had a mind off their own.

Thanks for the thoughts.
    Thanks.

And sorry for posting this here. It's not the right place for it.
    Well it sort of is a community board - Hoping it won't weigh on you and a better tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    BTW, how's just throwing everything in a landfill and forgetting about it going?
    Did I say recycling is a waste of time? No. Only that it is not the game changer that social evangelists imagined like masks. Protect yourself, use less disposable plastic, tend your own garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Did I say recycling is a waste of time? No. Only that it is not the game changer that social evangelists imagined like masks. Protect yourself, use less disposable plastic, tend your own garden.
    Please stop being wrong.

Face masks for COVID pass their largest test yet

Large Study Confirms Masks Work to Limit COVID-19 Spread
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

And thanks everyone. I appreciate the support.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Did somebody say plastic? For anyone questioning the usefulness of recycling, here's some horrible information regarding our everyday use of plastics and the possible effects on our children as well as the result of improper dis[posal procedures and the resulting effects in our environment.

Share this information with anti-vaxers and anti-abortion evangelicals on Facebook and see how they react. With outrage or excuses?

https://www.newsweek.com/new-study-s...astics-1635908
    doubtful. Anti-vaxers I have met believe in environmentalism if they don't share liberal concerns of climate change. Again though how impactful has our recycling efforts been on addressing this real problem which not incidentally is created abroad as well as here. Indonesian friends of mine have told me that visiting home have scared them with the waste crisis where Indonesia is the second or third largest contributor to ocean plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    doubtful. Anti-vaxers I have met believe in environmentalism if they don't share liberal concerns of climate change. Again though how impactful has our recycling efforts been on addressing this real problem which not incidentally is created abroad as well as here. Indonesian friends of mine have told me that visiting home have scared them with the waste crisis where Indonesia is the second or third largest contributor to ocean plastic.
    Please stop being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I hear those from my parents - only a certain percentage is getting reused. I always counter with any number is better than zero. The trick is to get the percentage higher, not to claim that since it isn't perfect we should just give up entirely. So not exactly a lie, just twisting the facts to suit an agenda.
    What Agenda ?
    STILL, PLASTIC PERSISTS — Single-use plastic was supposed to be sustainability’s issue of the year in 2020. In came the pandemic and out went the momentum, into a landfill. Plastic waste now is on the rise globally as we order more takeout, shop online, and dispose of masks, gloves and other protective gear.

The industry’s luck is likely to hold. Many state legislators are trying to regroup and take smaller bites at the problem after failing to rein in single-use plastics this year . In California, where the industry has stymied plastic waste reforms for the past two years, lawmakers are expected to introduce bills to address microplastics, waste exports and e-commerce packaging.

Plastic bags are shown tangled in the branches of a tree.
    Plastic bags are shown tangled in the branches of a tree in New York City's East Village neighborhood. | Mary Altaffer/AP Photo

A New Jersey ban on polystyrene food containers and paper and plastic bags — and the state's limits on plastic straws — is the strictest waste-reduction measure of its kind. Looking ahead, lawmakers there hope to build on the momentum with a law requiring mandatory recycled content in new containers and packaging.

Despite setbacks nationwide, there was some little-noticed action in Washington on Friday. President Donald Trump signed the Save Our Seas Act, which authorizes $55 million a year to improve local waste and recycling infrastructure. It’s the only notable recycling policy that Congress has passed in two years. But the law sidesteps more controversial proposals that would ban certain single-use products and make companies, including plastic manufacturers and consumer brands, fund public recycling programs.
    - Politico Dec 22, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Please stop being wrong.

looking for your "evidence" on Ocean Plastic to my anecdotal citation.

Doesn't hurt though to know which countries need to step up - South Korea is most interesting as they have some of the most complicated and strict curbside recycling laws a.k.a. high awareness. So much for social controls.

Very sorry for your loss Tami.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member

Terrible news. Sorry it happened

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    No, it isn't. Mostly, they point not directly at them, and use camera angles and editing to make it look that way. Also, he wasn't pointing a gun at actors he was supposed to in the movie, he was pointing it at the DP and director. Not again that he ever should have pointed it at anyone. As I said, it likely isn't any one thing, but a chain of events that happened, or failed to happen. In this case, if an AD did hand him the gun and say it's safe, that guy has some explaining to do. But even so, Baldwin should have never pointed it at someone, and he should personally have verified at least that the gun seemed safe...and he should have been taught how to do that. From what Jensen Ackles said about the gun training for the movie, it was pretty perfunctory.
    dh.jpg

So there was nobody behind the camera in all those "Dirty Harry" shots? The entire plot of those movies is "Clint Eastwood points gun at camera."

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I'm very sorry. I am sure you gave him the best possible dog life.