Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Biden could have done one the GOP playbooks of double talk.

"I am not calling for violence. I understand people want to vent their feelings. I would be fine that." Wink nudge snicker.
    What would it accomplish though? Violence and people dying going to make people stop voting for Republicans? Going to make the Conservatives on the SC retire so Biden can quickly appoint 3 more before midterms?

Anger is great. But, the wrong anger gives us January 6th. The right anger is what happened in Georgia, voter turnout increasing, and turning the state blue even if for a short while. That energy has to keep up.

It shouldnt have taken this for people to know the GOP must be stopped and forced to shun their trash base.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    What would it accomplish though? Violence and people dying going to make people stop voting for Republicans? Going to make the Conservatives on the SC retire so Biden can quickly appoint 3 more before midterms?

Anger is great. But, the wrong anger gives us January 6th. The right anger is what happened in Georgia, voter turnout increasing, and turning the state blue even if for a short while. That energy has to keep up.

It shouldnt have taken this for people to know the GOP must be stopped and forced to shun their trash base.
    I am not calling for violence. I already said that.

But damn singing a fucking song. That pisses me the Hell off. It pisses a lot of people off and it damn well should.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I am not calling for violence. I already said that.

But damn singing a fucking song. That pisses me the Hell off. It pisses a lot of people off and it damn well should.
    It was pretty tone-deaf of them.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

Well, in all this I think there's something to be learned from the right-wing here.

1. Never, ever, ever give up the fight. It's been the conservatives' mission to overturn Roe v Wade since before most of us here were born and they never stopped. They're not going to stop until there is a complete fusion between church and state and that means that LGBTIQ rights will be most likely tossed aside.

2. Don't take anything for granted. Trump made sure to appoint the most extreme conservative judges to the court. He didn't put people that "might" take into account settled law, he made sure to put people that didn't give a **** about the established order. That's beside the right-wing hacks that Trump appointed to Federal benches.

3. The left must be organized and united. Despite the extreme right-wing becoming more prominent, they've remained united and tremendously effective in getting things done. I pointed this out some years ago that the conservative machine is taking control of the "narrative" and the left hasn't really responded to this. The in-fighting about "wokeness" and "purity tests" will prevent the left from making concrete achievements (seriously, the in-fighting amongst the democrats is torpedoing their own agenda).

4. Elections have consequences. I've said this in the minority forum and I'll say this again, Trump being elected was a LOT more damaging than folks think and we are still feeling the effects. This is a stark lesson to the "Hilary was as a bad as Trump" crowd. Think very carefully about the stakes before you vote.
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-24-2022 at 02:35 PM.

You're 100% correct and thank you for saying that.

I agree. The problem is that you and I don't have a propaganda show like the aforementioned Tucker Carlson. Here we are screaming to the void instead.

They really do have a trash base. It's like the most immoral, stupid and hateful people all got together and started a cult.

Oh wait. It isn't like that.

It is that.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Well at least the Democrats are doing something about this.

They gathered by the Capital and sang God Bless America a couple hours ago. Good Grief. The GOP is shredding this country and they are singing songs like the musicians that played on as the Titanic sank.
    You know, I don't mind them gathering and singing in solidarity with the majority of this nation. What I mind is singing 'God Bless America.' No motherf****rs, you sing 'We Shall Overcome', or some other protest song. You don't sing a song celebrating a nation that just took your rights away.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You know, I don't mind them gathering and singing in solidarity with the majority of this nation. What I mind is singing 'God Bless America.' No motherf****rs, you sing 'We Shall Overcome', or some other protest song. You don't sing a song celebrating a nation that just took your rights away.
    Absolutely.

I personally would've preferred 'Bulls On Parade' but I'd settle for 'We Shall Overcome'.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Living in Indiana already sucks.

We've effectively eliminated all the legal hurdles to gun ownership, and there will be a special session next week that's going to fast track any abortion ban.

It's a conservative hellhole, and we choose to live this way.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Living in Indiana already sucks.

We've effectively eliminated all the legal hurdles to gun ownership, and there will be a special session next week that's going to fast track any abortion ban.

I live in the conservative hellhole of North Florida so I literally feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I live in the conservative hellhole of North Florida so I literally feel your pain.
    Ohio says Hi and we know your pain.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I don’t need to be told Republicans want to restrict abortion rights. I know. We all know. They told us. I need to be told why in almost 50years Democrats never codified it into law? Let me know when y’all have a solid answer for that without flimsy excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I don’t need to be told Republicans want to restrict abortion rights. I know. We all know. They told us. I need to be told why in almost 50years Democrats never codified it into law? Let me know when y’all have a solid answer for that without flimsy excuses.
    When could they have done that? Which filibuster proof majority with a Democratic President could have done that? And tell me how they could have done it without the Republicans reversing it once they took power? Or do you want a Constitutional Amendment with 3/4 the States voting for it? Do you think that could have ever happened?
    Let me know when you have a solid answer of when and how it could have been done.

But you see what the GOP just did and now blame the Democrats. Sheesh!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I just read a good article in the NY Times about this specific question.

How to Make Abortion Pills More Available for a Post-Roe World

Knowledge is one thing. The people that will need this will have to be able to access the right information. And GOP states will try every avenue to close these loopholes. You can damn sure bet they will try to push every boundary and trust that the inevitable suits will end up in a favorable SC.
    Thanks for the link. I am beyond the age for being concerned personally but this is tragic for the younger generation of women. Those in the medical profession will likely to become very reluctant to provide any supportive service when a patient desires to take his option.

What are they going to do about the extreme cases where prenatal testing indicates a child the child has a severe genetic disorder? In many cases the mother will choose to carry the child but sometimes they may choose not to. Often it's too late when they find out their is an issue anyway. Prince and his wife Mayte Garcia had a child with severe problems and she carried the baby to term. The child died 6 days after the birth and had severe deformities that would have severely limited any kind of normal life. spoilers:
    the eyes were outside the sockets and the bones of the feet and hands were fused
    end of spoilers

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    When could they have done that? Which filibuster proof majority with a Democratic President could have done that? And tell me how they could have done it without the Republicans reversing it once they took power? Or do you want a Constitutional Amendment with 3/4 the States voting for it? Do you think that could have ever happened?
    Let me know when you have a solid answer of when and how it could have been done.

But you see what the GOP just did and now blame the Democrats. Sheesh!
    Yeah, that I don't understand. We knew we had a reason to be worried when Obama was cheated out of a Supreme Court choice by the loathesome Mitch McConnell. And people not voting for Hilllary gave us Trump who lucked into 3 Supreme Court justices. It also didn't help when Ruth Bader Ginsburg decided to tough it out and she passed away. The GOP got another pick in there and she was barely in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think I would have a higher tolerance for that kind of silliness if it actually felt like people were taking the threat the GOP poses seriously. These are people that openly fantasize about stripping people's rights and killing them, and they're beginning to make headway towards that goal. But it's treated by people that ought to be doing something about it as just a gentlemanly disagreement over a difference of opinion.