Page 85 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889951351855851085 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 75153

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Exactly what the Dems are counting on and why they never fulfill any promises they make.
    What? Are you suggesting we don't vote at all? How does that help?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    It helps Putin in the short run.
    And some very rich people will stay rich and powerful a little while longer, if they don't get killed in another disaster Trump cannot get a handle on.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    While I don’t think what Biden said was that offensive, and was clearly an awkward joke it does make him look entitled to my vote. Sure; as a black person when your only choices are between Trump or Biden, then yes Biden(policy wise) is objectively the better choice even you think he’s an overall lackluster contender for the presidency but him saying that even as joke clearly shows some arrogance on his part. As I said before, this won’t stop me from voting for Biden because I’m not really voting for Biden exactly is so much as I’m voting against Trump and as I see it four years of Biden is vastly superior to another four years of this president.
    I have to ask, what has Biden done in his decades in Washington that make him worthy of your vote? Voting for the 90's crime bill?

I get people don't like Trump because he runs his mouth too much, I really do, but even if you don't want to give him full credit for some of the things he's accomplished in his first term inn regards to minorities you have to see it is still FAR more than Biden has ever done.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...black-colleges

Permanently funded hsitorically minority colleges - Did Obama/Biden do that?

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...black-colleges

Lowest unemployment rate in history

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...b05_story.html

Criminal Justice reform

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...e-us-military/

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2...omplete-chart/

Pay increase for the military - which has a larger percentage of minorities than the general population

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News...alth-care-law/

Along the same line, he gave veterans more choices in health care specifically to seek private health care when necessary.

You can dislike the man, you can hate what he tweets, but he has accomplished things for minorities - and he's only been there for 3 years, not 47.

I am happy about how protective you guys are of the dignity of African-American Donald Trump supporters.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Not at all, everyone should vote. But make an informed vote.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

It helps Trump stay in office, that's important to them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I am happy about how protective you guys are of the dignity of African-American Donald Trump supporters.
    I don't understand why you used the plural.

BANNED

So it's acceptable for a 77 year old white guy to a make a joke about how blacks should define themselves because he's a Democrat? Really? That's okay?

Ultimate Member

Exactly what the Dems are counting on and why they never fulfill any promises they make.
    Affordable Care Act says otherwise.

The Republicans just obstruct, obstruct, and obstruct and then invoke the grey fallacy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That was stupid, I won't deny that, but Biden still has my vote come November.
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/12/surgeo...amid-pandemic/

So these comments from the Surgeon General offended you but Biden gets a pass....and a vote?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Affordable Care Act says otherwise.

The Republicans just obstruct, obstruct, and obstruct and then invoke the grey fallacy
    Yes, passing a fiscally unsustainable law that reduced choice and was going to bankrupt the country was going to be great for everyone. Promise kept.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Not at all, everyone should vote. But make an informed vote.
    But I am making an informed vote. I'm weighing the two presumptive candidates against each other, looking at both of their histories, their policies, what they've done in and out of office, and such. I've also thought about what the next four years could be like with either in office. One of them is heavily flawed, but unless something happens, I'm going to go with him. The other option has really no redeeming values no matter how I looked at it, so I cannot vote that person.

So, yes, I am making an informed decision given what is on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't understand why you used the plural.
    Numbers you can count on your hands are still plural.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

But I am making an informed vote. I'm weighing the two presumptive candidates against each other, looking at both of their histories, their policies, what they've done in and out of office, and such. I've also thought about what the next four years could be like with either in office. One of them is heavily flawed, but unless something happens, I'm going to go with him. The other option has really no redeeming values no matter how I looked at it, so I cannot vote that person.

So, yes, I am making an informed decision given what is on the table.
    If you've done all that and have come to a conclusion, then cast your vote with pride. everyone has different priorities about what is important to them and even how they judge the success/failure of one candidate over another. I just believe it should be based on proven facts and accomplishments, not simply emotion.