Page 707 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 20760765769770370470570670770870971071171775780712071707 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Doing great under Trump, but thanks for caring..
    This is all Republicans care about. How well they are doing. To Hell with the rest of the country.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    "Doing great."

I notice you say "under Trump" as well. As if you live under his rule. Very telling that.
    You've begun to accept the yoke. It's good for the help to know their place.
    Some folks will lick the boot so it doesn't end up on their throat, it seems.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    I thought you're interested in "facts" so why use a counterfactual to attempt to make your point?
    That didn't happen, so it's not relevant.
    Everyone should care about facts. Anyone who doesn't should be ignored in serious discussions.

It is possible to care about facts but consider more ambiguous situations. Personally, I have been fascinated by how we should talk about and consider ambiguity. There's no logical inconsistency there.

I should note that while there have been some comments on what I've said, no one here has claimed that they believe that if the situation were reversed, Harry Reid or Chuck Schumer would have acted differently, or should have acted differently, than Mitch McConnell.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    There have been vacancies in the Supreme Court 29 times in the final year of a presidential term. The each President of those 29 times selected a nominee to be approved my the Senate. 19 of those vacancies occurred when both the President and the Senate were of the same party and the seat was filled 17 out of those 19 times. In the 10 times that the President and the Senate were of different parties the seats were only filled 2 times. Mister Mets could have made his case with out framing it as a "what if" scenario which in my opinion is a sure way to lose a debate.
    I lose a debate when the facts suggest an outcome I suspected was unlikely to transpire has only occurred two out of ten times the scenario manifested in the past?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Of course you only care about yourself. That was never the question.
    He was specifically told "as they cut your throat along with everyone else."

In that case, it seems appropriate for him to mention how he's doing personally.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cindy McCain just endorsed Joe Biden. It was Trump's comments about service members that made her make up her mind.
    See here is the thing. To many Republicans, this won't matter one damn bit. They saw John McCain as a "loser" because he "couldn't stop Obama". These same people applauded Trump when he verbally abused McCain and then **** all over his legacy. These are the same people who joked that "the angels are pissing on McCain" when it rained during his funeral. So, yeah, her endorsement likely won't flip anyone.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Do you not give a damn about all the people who have gotten Covid or the families who grieve for those who have died? All the people ICE put in camps? The children taken from their parents? The minorities who are being oppressed right now because Trump makes it okay for the White Supremists to run wild?
    Yes, I care about those affected by COVID and I am thankful Trump initiated the "racist xenophobic" travel ban when he did or it would much much worse (if Biden were in charge).

Yes, children shouldn't be separated from their parents, Obama never should have started that...and parents with children shouldn't come into the country illegally or sell them to coyotes either..

Yes, I care about minorities and am glad Trump gave them the lowest unemployment in their history, high wages increases and initiated criminal justice reform, fully funded historically black colleges..

How about you? Care about the cities being looted and burned to the ground? Small businesses being torched? Elderly with COVID sent back into nursing homes? Small business owners, police officers being assaulted and murdered by rioters?

But you keep your head in the sand...nice and safe in there

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    He was specifically told "as they cut your throat along with everyone else."

In that case, it seems appropriate for him to mention how he's doing personally.
    What does that have to do with what I said?

Yes, I care about those affected by COVID and I am thankful Trump initiated the "racist xenophobic" travel ban when he did or it would much much worse (if Biden were in charge).

Yes, children shouldn't be separated from their parents, Obama never should have started that...and parents with children shouldn't come into the country illegally or sell them to coyotes either..

Yes, I care about minorities and am glad Trump gave them the lowest unemployment in their history, high wages increases and initiated criminal justice reform, fully funded historically black colleges..

How about you? Care about the cities being looted and burned to the ground? Small businesses being torched? Elderly with COVID sent back into nursing homes? Small business owners, police officers being assaulted and murdered by rioters?

Sources for all of these claims, please.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This is all Republicans care about. How well they are doing. To Hell with the rest of the country.
    Yeah, don't see it as Republicans burning and looting cities, tearing down statutes, beating and murdering small business owners

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Sources for all of these claims, please.
    Living in the real world.

.How about you? Care about the cities being looted and burned to the ground? Small businesses being torched? Elderly with COVID sent back into nursing homes? Small business owners, police officers being assaulted and murdered by rioters?

If you ever read what I have posted in the past you will see that I have spoken out several times about the looting and riots. I have spoken in several threads in my support of police but still feel the need for reform. So you have either read what I have posted the past few months and ignored it or You speak with no knowledge of what I have said in the past and make assumptions. Either way your statement does not fit the facts.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Living in the real world.
    More like delusions. Trump is the president. Families are being separated now, by ICE. Explain how that's Obama's fault, when it didn't happen under him?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    "Doing great."

I notice you say "under Trump" as well. As if you live under his rule. Very telling that.
    You've begun to accept the yoke. It's good for the help to know their place.
    Says the one who loves the government to provide everything to them

A little bit of history my husband told me about over dinner

This Is How FDR Tried to Pack the Supreme Court

Dr. David B. Woolner, senior fellow and resident historian of the Roosevelt Institute and author of The Last 100 Days: FDR at War and at Peace, says it’s important to note the timing of this bill, which took place during the Great Depression. “We were in the midst of the worst economic crisis in our history,” he says. “Roosevelt’s response to this economic crisis was to engage in a series of programs designed to manage a capitalist system in such a way as to make it work for the average American. And because he wasn’t particularly ideological, he was willing to try all kinds of things.”
    Over the course of the Depression, Roosevelt was pushing through legislation and, beginning in May 1935, the Supreme Court began to strike down a number of the New Deal laws. “Over the next 13 months, the court struck down more pieces of legislation than at any other time in U.S. history,” Woolner says.
    Hoffer says historians disagree about what happened next. Some argue that Justice Owen Roberts had shifted in his opinion of the New Deal before the election, giving later New Deal acts like social security, the National Labor Relations Act and other economic regulations his vote on the Court. That shifted the majority to favor federal welfare and regulatory enactments. Others contend that the threat of adding justices to the Court was enough to swing Roberts' vote.

In the end, Perry says, two members of the Court switched to a pro-New Deal position, known as “the switch in time that saved nine.”

“And FDR eventually packed the Court the old-fashioned way,” she says, “through attrition, naming nine members.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, don't see it as Republicans burning and looting cities, tearing down statutes, beating and murdering small business owners
    Well, no. They're the ones exploiting or killing the people who are rioting because their demands for basic justice aren't being heard.

I mean, why would Darth Vader have to riot when he runs the Empire?