California Congressman and partisan s***heel Devin Nunes has announced he's retiring... to become the CEO of Trump Media.

Any business with that surname in front of it is doomed to bankruptcy. Seems like a stupid move, but Nunes has always been stupid.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    In the case of Georgia, Trump’s need for payback against Brian Kemp because he wouldn’t throw the state’s election results last November could backfire as that might result in a split vote among Qpublicans, which, in turn, could help Stacey Abrams.
    The split vote is interesting in Georgia just because any election where candidates fail to get a majority goes to a runoff, so the two percent that goes to a libertarian or third-party candidate can really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Which is why politically it makes sense to keep kicking the can down the road. But, it is just never going to get better that way and humanitarian crises will keep piling up regardless of "walls".
    A problem with kicking the can down the road is that people you disagree with may gain political power by then.

For Republicans to take back the Senate, they need to keep their current seats and win New Hampshire, Georgia, Arizona and Nevada in the next cycle, and flip Arizona's other seat, Montana, Nevada's other seat, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. If they can pull that off, they will have a filibuster-proof supermajority, which could easily correspond to a Republican President in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    I am seeing no upside for Putin NOT to swarm Ukraine, Biden is a paper tiger and he is not going to block it joining NATO in any kind of deal. Putin's real audience is Europe and energy sales. If Russia pulls it off then the other shoe could drop and Taiwan could tumble having given China the example of US resolve.
    If Russia pulls it off is a big question. There are serious risks and potential downsides, especially considering Russia's unpopularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    There is talk on Twitter about this Trump interview on Fox. Mainly that he keeps implicating himself over and over again. That one classic comment he made about shooting someone? It's true, he keeps shooting himself over and over and I wonder if anyone is taking notice of it?

So Trump admits that Comey was a threat and would likely have taken him down if he wasn't fired first.
    He's making a BS argument but it seems pretty clear that he thinks Comey would have used illegitimate tactics to get rid of him.

On a sidenote, it would be interesting in an interview for a reporter to just ask Trump to expand on his thoughts. "What would Comey have done against you?"
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    California Congressman and partisan s***heel Devin Nunes has announced he's retiring... to become the CEO of Trump Media.

Any business with that surname in front of it is doomed to bankruptcy. Seems like a stupid move, but Nunes has always been stupid.
    It's already under investigation. U.S. financial regulators investigate Trump social media dea

Wall Street's top financial regulators are investigating former U.S. President Donald Trump's $1.25 billion deal to float his new social media venture on the stock market, a filing showed.

Digital World Acquisition Corp, the blank-check acquisition firm that agreed to merge with Trump Media & Technology Group Corp (TMTG), disclosed in a regulatory filing on Monday that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) were probing the deal.

I don't quite understand your counter post - underscoring the double talk by this administration or somehow defending Biden? Strategically we probably need more fossil fuels right away if Russia's actions and sanctions are needed. Although those leases won't come online quick enough to address that I believe.

That's why I posted the sanctions article. Sanctions on Russia right now would impact energy everywhere so production here must be increased.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Which is why politically it makes sense to keep kicking the can down the road. But, it is just never going to get better that way and humanitarian crises will keep piling up regardless of "walls".
    Political sense but not a policy to run on though. There is a reason why it was Bannon's #1 issue for Trump to run on. Do nothing politicians just underscored the attempt to do something even if it seemed crazy to some as a huge plus. Further, only in the equity insane world of liberalism could there be sufficient parity in latin america to stop the flow and even then people the world over would be going to those countries to access the border here as they already do.
    Last edited by Xheight; 12-06-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    He's making a BS argument but it seems pretty clear that he thinks Comey would have used illegitimate tactics to get rid of him.

On a sidenote, it would be interesting in an interview for a reporter to just ask Trump to expand on his thoughts. "What would Comey have done against you?"
    It's a well established fact that Trump uses "illegitimate" and "against him" as synonyms. In his mind, he should be above the law, and anyone who has earned his ire is a criminal who merely needs a trial to confirm it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That's why I posted the sanctions article. Sanctions on Russia right now would impact energy everywhere so production here must be increased.
    yes that was a good point. People forget that as recently as early Covid Russia was hurting bad from US supply being so high and prices low.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's a well established fact that Trump uses "illegitimate" and "against him" as synonyms. In his mind, he should be above the law, and anyone who has earned his ire is a criminal who merely needs a trial to confirm it.
    It is not paranoia if people are out to get you - Why were there filings against his Social media company noted above?

I don't quite understand your counter post - underscoring the double talk by this administration or somehow defending Biden? Strategically we probably need more fossil fuels right away if Russia's actions and sanctions are needed. Although those leases won't come online quick enough to address that I believe.
    Clarification, pure and simple clarification. I prefer more that just a headline or one sentence.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Clarification, pure and simple clarification. I prefer more that just a headline or one sentence.
    Stop paying attention to the thing lurking under the bridge.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

I think I see what the problem is. We're willing to criticize one of our own when we disagree with the policy. But criticizing someone on your own side doesn't compute for someone like Xheight.
    Watching television is not an activity.

It is not paranoia if people are out to get you - Why were there filings against his Social media company noted above?
    But often the reason people are “out to get you” is because of unethical or illegal practices.

Look at the Donald’s extensive use of lawyers and extreme reluctance to publish his tax returns…it’s all consistent with a guy who sails close to the wind.

I actually agree it’s probably not paranoia….it’s intelligent gaming of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Stop paying attention to the thing lurking under the bridge.
    Shouldn't he be chasing after several kids from the Two Rivers about now?
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 12-07-2021 at 03:56 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I think I see what the problem is. We're willing to criticize one of our own when we disagree with the policy. But criticizing someone on your own side doesn't compute for someone like Xheight.
    I think it's more that he wasn't sure if it's criticism (Biden should go further/ is being hypocritical) or praise (Biden is nuanced and measured) from the brief description of a policy decision some people will agree with and some people will disagree with.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets