Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I'm not so sure about him. In many episodes, Velma did all the detective work, but Freddy took all the credit.
    LOL. Fair enough. He also always divides the team up usually so he can get Daphne alone. Like, horror movie rules mean nothing to this guy.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    LOL. Fair enough. He also always divides the team up usually so he can get Daphne alone. Like, horror movie rules mean nothing to this guy.
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious Fred didn't like Daphne for her deductive skills.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious Fred didn't like Daphne for her deductive skills.
    It was her bold fashion choices and her parents' money.

Wait, the second one also fits the bill on explaining this... the FRED is making more and more sense.

On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, as well as 2020, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of the U.S. House Representative from California’s 1st Congressional District, Doug LaMalfa, one of the dumbest deniers of climate change on Capitol Hill, who actually cites a promise that God made to Noah in the Book of Genesis as proof against the phenomenon, and wants to eliminate carbon dioxide restrictions from the EPA, viewing it as “taking away plant food from the atmosphere”. He also compared IRS commissioner Lois Lerner to “the Republic of Korea”, which is actually SOUTH Korea while grilling her in hearings about the IRS scandal. LaMalfa speaks before Congress, lying and claiming that "We know now that one of the terrorists who participated in the attack on Paris last Friday entered Europe by posing as a refugee." (Fact-checking the Congressman: The terror attacks in Paris by jihadists from France and Belgium by trying to create greater restrictions to keep out Syrian refugees, of whom exactly zero were involved in those attacks.) Oh, and he also went conspiracy theorist regarding the money repaid to Iran that was frozen in banks in the Iranian Revolution in 1979, but returned interest-free in 2016, saying it was a secret delivery done "in the dark of the night on a pallet" (the Obama administration announced it was done six months prior to LaMalfa’s freak out on the House floor.).

Since the election of Donald Trump, no matter how grievously stupid the President or his family might be… LaMalfa has been a tenacious defender of them. In 2017 alone, LaMalfa dug in deep on the most indefensible of reports… the first being his attempts to make the talk of the Trump campaign colluding with Russia go away by just declaring it “a load of crap. Now, never mind that Donald Trump Jr. already released e-mails that show he wanted the Russians’ help in gathered intelligence detrimental to Hillary Clinton… apparently LaMalfa wouldn’t know a turd if it hit him in the face (which might be an improvement). But no, that wasn’t all. After Donald Trump’s utterly revolting remarks following white supremacists marching in Charlottesville that led to the death of Heather Howeyer, and Trump’s claims that there were “many fine people there” or that “both sides” were responsible for the violence… Doug LaMalfa actually tried saying Trump’s response to Charlottesville was fine because he had a long track record of speaking out against white supremacists. (HINT: Trump doesn’t, and even when he does, it’s after reporters have to PLEAD with him and say something bad about people as evil as David Duke after days or weeks of sidestepping it.)

Now, with Doug LaMalfa putzing about, working against the interests of the voters of his district, and defending a president like Donald Trump with record low approval ratings because, well, he’s a sociopathic ***hole… you would probably guess that his town halls in California’s 1st have not gone well. Even if that district has a +10 Republican lean, and is atypical for what you’d expect for California… maybe people there aren’t livid, right? OH NO. They were downright PISSED. And LaMalfa can’t handle it. He walked out in the middle of a town hall in front of hundreds of constituents that were booing him back in April of 2017, and decided to regroup and host another town hall months later in a more controlled environment… at an Elks Lodge where he figured he would only see more conservative members of his constituency and fewer people ,overall. Well, that didn’t work either, as an elderly man who lives off of Medicaid grilled Rep. LaMalfa about his vote for Trumpcare and all the people who would have died if it had made it through the Senate. LaMalfa still felt his decision was justified, and the questioner walked away from his Congressman after cursing him, “May you die in pain.”

Speaking of Doug LaMalfa always getting Donald Trump’s back… in 2018, he defended the Trump regime’s family separation policy when they began locking migrant children seeking asylum, some toddlers, in cages. We knew he hated immigrants, but he’s “all-in” on the subject for someone who supposedly represents a district in a blue state.

Inexplicably, Doug LaMalfa won a sixth term in office in 2020 with 57% of the vote and resumed his streak of voting for the worst imaginable legislation:

Doug LaMalfa, thanks to the +10 lean his district has, is one of the few Republicans left in the House in California. With redistricting lying on the horizon, we’d like to think the road to re-election would be tough for a guy like him who only five days after the attack on the Capitol on January 6th, was still questioning the results of the election and participating in Donald Trump’s “Big Lie”. It bears watching to see if he’s left more vulnerable coming up in the 2022 elections, or if he’s cemented into being in place for the foreseeable future.

Capitol rioter represents himself, accidentally admits to more crimes

Against the advice of the judge, this Capitol rioter chose to represent himself at his bond hearing. Then he accidentally admitted to two additional felonies.
    100 Capitol Rioters Have Pleaded Guilty. Here’s What Their Cases Show About The Jan. 6 Investigation.

WASHINGTON — Hours after thousands of former president Donald Trump’s supporters attacked the US Capitol on Jan. 6, Jenny Cudd sat outside a downtown hotel and taped a 25-minute livestream on Facebook describing her participation in the mob — “the new revolution,” in her words.

The Midland, Texas, florist displayed a mix of pride, anger, and tears as she narrated how she and other “patriots” decided to “storm” the Capitol after learning that former vice president Mike Pence had “betrayed us.” Two days later, she spoke with a local TV station, denying she’d committed a crime and expressing no regrets: “Yes, I would absolutely do it again.”
    Last edited by Tami; 10-17-2021 at 04:39 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

‘Murder-suicide pact’: Senate report reveals bombshell details of Trump’s attempted coup

The Senate released damning findings on Trump’s attempt to overthrow the election. MSNBC’s Ari Melber breaks down the report, including the revelation Trump demanded the DOJ take actions “to overturn the election.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

How's that old saying go: "The man who represents himself has a fool for a client."

Or, to quote the esteemed Bugs Bunny: "Wotta Maroon!"
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    He's pretty awesome right now in my opinion. If you can't stomach a couple of jokes, well, i feel bad for you.
    If you can't understand why people are upset with someone who willingly considers himself a part of a gender exclusion group (TERF), then I don't fell bad for you. You've made a decision to ignore obvious hate

I'm guessing none of them have admitted to being members of Antifa as of yet.......
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    So you're okay with transphobia?
    As the one who started the Dave Chappelle line of discussion a few pages back, I'll answer with "I'm okay with comedy."

What a person considers funny or not, and what crossed lines are too far for them, will vary. I happen to find humor in just about anything, and usually that's just a coping mechanism for dealing with existing in a world that, to me, is utterly ridiculous. And if I don't laugh, the only other alternatives are to be depressed or to reach a level of anger that is exhausting and does nothing for anyone around me. Sure, just about all the comedians I enjoy have some jokes or bits that I find bothersome, but is that cause for me to "cancel" them? They also have plenty of jokes that make me laugh, and in the world we live in today, I'm not about to limit my opportunities for laughter.

In my opinion, I thought Chappelle's trans material in his new special was more directed at insulting the woke Twitter mob that doesn't seem to distinguish between genuine Big Bad threats and their own allies rather than punching down at trans individuals. Some responses on here seem to underline my point about the mob, and I'm sure this post will cause me to get torn a new arsehole by some posters on this thread.

I support most liberal social causes and I vote Democrat 90% of the time at this point (the 10% is trying to primary out or vote against the more harmful of Republican candidates here in Montana). But because I enjoy the creative output of Dave Chappelle and J.K. Rowling and I refuse to type "folx" instead of "folks" because the former just looks ridiculous and the latter is not and has never been an inherently gender-exclusive word, I guess that makes me okay with transphobia. I guess that makes me a transphobe. Jesus Christ.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    As the one who started the Dave Chappelle line of discussion a few pages back, I'll answer with "I'm okay with comedy."

What a person considers funny or not, and what crossed lines are too far for them, will vary. I happen to find humor in just about anything, and usually that's just a coping mechanism for dealing with existing in a world that, to me, is utterly ridiculous. And if I don't laugh, the only other alternatives are to be depressed or to reach a level of anger that is exhausting and does nothing for anyone around me. Sure, just about all the comedians I enjoy have some jokes or bits that I find bothersome, but is that cause for me to "cancel" them? They also have plenty of jokes that make me laugh, and in the world we live in today, I'm not about to limit my opportunities for laughter.

In my opinion, I thought Chappelle's trans material in his new special was more directed at insulting the woke Twitter mob that doesn't seem to distinguish between genuine Big Bad threats and their own allies rather than punching down at trans individuals. Some responses on here seem to underline my point about the mob, and I'm sure this post will cause me to get torn a new arsehole by some posters on this thread.

I support most liberal social causes and I vote Democrat 90% of the time at this point (the 10% is trying to primary out or vote against the more harmful of Republican candidates here in Montana). But because I enjoy the creative output of Dave Chappelle and J.K. Rowling and I refuse to type "folx" instead of "folks" because the former just looks ridiculous and the latter is not and has never been an inherently gender-exclusive word, I guess that makes me okay with transphobia. I guess that makes me a transphobe. Jesus Christ.
    All of this text just to say transphobia isn't a deal breaker for you.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 10-17-2021 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post

If you like their creations, but not the views they espouse, I'd advise you to find a way to get their content for free and not contribute financially to them. There are avenues.

If you're aware of their views as you're showing, the mildest take would be to find it reprehensible, enjoy things you like, but deny them the financial reward.

Best advice I can give anyone who would be "conflicted" because they're a fan of the art, but not the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    If you like their creations, but not the views they espouse, I'd advise you to find a way to get their content for free and not contribute financially to them. There are avenues.

If you're aware of their views as you're showing, the mildest take would be to find it reprehensible, enjoy things you like, but deny them the financial reward.

Best advice I can give anyone who would be "conflicted" because they're a fan of the art, but not the artist.
    Like, Harry Potter was huge with a lot of trans women I know. To find out Rowling had gone full TERF was really disheartening to them -- but while most of them no longer contribute financially to Rowling, nothing can take away the feeling her books gave them at the time, or the memories that created for them. Same with Chapelle. You can enjoy a body of work without sanctioning the bigotry, but that requires you be willing to call out the bigotry they're espousing and act to counter the harm they're doing *now*.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Well, ****! Biden HAS to do it, now! The fact that he even considered this a possible option all but guarantees that Republicans will do this next time they hold the Presidency, using Biden's mere looking into it as all the justification they need to get it done.
    Republicans already had the excuse once prominent Democrats started talking about court packing.

They didn't do it because the benefits are limited. If Democrats expanded the court to gain a majority, you obviously see Republicans respond in kind next time they have the White House and Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That's my take (for different reasons, of course) on tel********** - specifically them insisting that the DO NOT CALL list is an infringement upon their rights. You are only guaranteed the right to speak, you are not given the right to an audience.

If people decide to stop listening/watching people like Chappelle, Maher, or reading books written by people who take horrible stances on things, well, they have no right to an audience.
    On first amendment questions, the important thing is that policies are content neutral. A Do Not Call list for telemarketers treats them all equally. It's not carving out an exception for speech politicians like.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, it only stands to reason hypocritical Qpublicans would be cheering on Manchin and Sinema since they're doing the GQP's dirty work of wrecking Biden's agenda. Manchin no doubt feels it's important to keep the filibuster intact by any means necessary, even if that results in the country crashing down, but Sinema's a nutbag who's in it just for the money she's getting from donors. Yeah, I agree those might as well switch parties as they couldn't do anymore damage if they were full time right wingers.
    I too support the idea of Manchin and Sinema joining the Republican party and making Mitch McConnell Senate Majority Leader. That said, it would have a major impact.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    As for the family?

If it really needs that much focus, step aside.

No one's going to think any less of someone for actually putting their family first.
    The Buttigieg paternity leave situation raises some an interesting questions. We've got competing interests here. Should elected officials meant to do a temporary job be available and in front of cameras all the time regardless of what's going on in their personal lives? Or should political office reflect what Democrats want to see in the private sector when it comes to stuff like paid parental leave? There gets to be a slippery slope if we say that Secretary of Transportation is too important, but the sales manager of a small business is not.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets