Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    The US is a democracy. Far from perfect, like all democracies, but a democracy nonetheless. I don’t think we can seriously say the same about Russia.
    Yeah, this is a reminder about the differences between countries like the US (or the UK or France) and Russia. It puts things in perspective.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The loonie Left demands things like healthcare, a living wage and equal rights for everyone!

Both sides, man!
    The Loonie Left in the US doesn't have seats in Congress, or even much influence on the government via lobbying. The Crazy Right, however, has multiple seats in the House, at least a few sympathetic Senators, some serious presidential candidates, and a complete lock down on several state governments.

One of these two is a threat to the Republic, the other merely inspires eye-rolling.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Well, that might have been the shortest military coup in history.

The US is a democracy. Far from perfect, like all democracies, but a democracy nonetheless. I don’t think we can seriously say the same about Russia.
    Yeah, that was a weird whataboutism.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    There’s a theory already going around that it’s all a feint, that Prigozhin and Putin are still best buddies, and are trying to lure Ukraine into an unwise attack…then Wagner troops will wade into the fight again alongside the Russian army.

I don’t see it that way.
    I have to admit, that exact thing has crossed my mind. Or maybe a trick to see how some people would react, whose side they would take. We'll see in the next coupe of days, I guess. I hope this doesn't turn out worse for Ukraine.

That's an odd theory.

Even if it were true, that would mean they pulled soldiers and equipment from the frontlines.

Has anyone heard what Ukraine's response has been? Feint or not, this would be a great time to push forward.
    https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/stat...C8gej0vrYuAAAA

https://twitter.com/Podolyak_M/statu...C95dTAvrYuAAAA

Ukrainian forces had some successes today on the frontlines, I guess russian soldiers were in some disarray.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    People complain about our professional bureaucracy. But they might be the only ones who save us from people like Trump.
    That's why Trump's goal is to replace them all ASAP if reelected.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    except the radicalized looney left aren't prominently supported by the party and don't hold major elected posts.
    The loonie Left demands things like healthcare, a living wage and equal rights for everyone!

Both sides, man!
    It's like that argument has never been in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Last time I checked, folks on the “looney left” haven’t weaponized racism, fascism, homophobia and xenophobia. Folks on the “looney left” didn’t embrace Nazism and white nationalism like a child embraces his mother. Folks on the “looney left” don’t have boat parades or attend rallies for a vulgar, twice impeached narcissist who incited a riot aimed at disrupting the transition of power after a presidential election. However, if you have legitimate examples that counter my argument, I’d love to read them.
    They don't, instead they just endlessly parrot that Obama spoke about woke and cancel culture while they use the definitions of Ron DeSantis. Then get caught up in another conservative moral panic.

So CNN is saying the Belarus president helped Putin and Wagner come to an understanding.

Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    There’s a theory already going around that it’s all a feint, that Prigozhin and Putin are still best buddies, and are trying to lure Ukraine into an unwise attack…then Wagner troops will wade into the fight again alongside the Russian army.

I don’t see it that way.
    That's an odd theory.

Even if it were true, that would mean they pulled soldiers and equipment from the frontlines.

Has anyone heard what Ukraine's response has been? Feint or not, this would be a great time to push forward.
    While this doesn't seem as logical to me, I can't write it off completely. I just don't think making Putin look weak on the world stage is going to blow over so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Well, that might have been the shortest military coup in history.

Yeah, that was a weird whataboutism.

I have to admit, that exact thing has crossed my mind. Or maybe a trick to see how some people would react, whose side they would take. We'll see in the next coupe of days, I guess. I hope this doesn't turn out worse for Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/stat...C8gej0vrYuAAAA

https://twitter.com/Podolyak_M/statu...C95dTAvrYuAAAA

Ukrainian forces had some successes today on the frontlines, I guess russian soldiers were in some disarray.
    The last few years have blindsided people who thought they could predict world events, and while I think it's good to keep people from getting too complacent this is getting ridiculous! I just hope that things will get to a point where violence can subside for a decade or 2 just to prove it can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The Loonie Left in the US doesn't have seats in Congress, or even much influence on the government via lobbying. The Crazy Right, however, has multiple seats in the House, at least a few sympathetic Senators, some serious presidential candidates, and a complete lock down on several state governments.

One of these two is a threat to the Republic, the other merely inspires eye-rolling.
    That I agree with, at least up to this point. The looney left is still a fairly recent phenomenon
    Last edited by hyped78; 06-24-2023 at 03:00 PM.

except the radicalized looney left aren't prominently supported by the party and don't hold major elected posts.
    There are some. But in the US, up to this point, clearly not as much as the looneys on the right (who are arguably numerically far more than the looneys on the left in the country as a whole, anyways)
    Last edited by hyped78; 06-24-2023 at 02:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

There are some. But in the US, up to this point, clearly not as much as the looneys on the right (who are arguably numerically far more than the looneys on the left in the country as a whole, anyways)
    Which ones? I don't know of any politician in the US who is far left.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ilhan Omar, for example (she has repeated this type of tropes several times)

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...c-slur-1199495
    Last edited by hyped78; 06-24-2023 at 03:18 PM.

Criticizing Israel or it's potential influence in US politics isn't far left.

Far left lunacy is supporting the total redistribution of wealth, dissolution of national governments and opposing capitalism through violent revolution.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 06-24-2023 at 03:25 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Russian soldiers are getting slaughtered by Ukrainians. Putin has vowed revenge for Wagner's coup. Wagner is moving to Belarus. How many more Russian soldiers will die without Wagner being used as cannon fodder?

There are some people so far to the left that they seem to warp back around to the right in some aspects. Two of the groups in the US heavily criticizing aid to Ukraine might fit. There is the "Peace at ANY Price" group, and then there are those so critical of anything the US does that they consider whoever is on opposition to be in the right no matter what. We used to have a poster here who was like that. Criticizing anything China did would summon him and pages of whataboutism before he was permabanned.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    There are some people so far to the left that they seem to warp back around to the right in some aspects. Two of the groups in the US heavily criticizing aid to Ukraine might fit. There is the "Peace at ANY Price" group, and then there are those so critical of anything the US does that they consider whoever is on opposition to be in the right no matter what. We used to have a poster here who was like that. Criticizing anything China did would summon him and pages of whataboutism before he was permabanned.
    Are these groups broadly supported by the Democratic party? Are policies and laws being enacted based on those ideas?

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

Why was Dalak banned?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Russian soldiers are getting slaughtered by Ukrainians. Putin has vowed revenge for Wagner's coup. Wagner is moving to Belarus. How many more Russian soldiers will die without Wagner being used as cannon fodder?
    I’m confused. What happened here? Was this really a coup?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!