Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I am absolutely hooked on this song, and the video is haunting. To think it almost never made it out of Ukraine.
    I agree, it was a deserving winner, solidarity gestures aside. I sent like 10 votes for it.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status...17526786592773

EW: Fox News is the Republican Party. Here are over 400 examples proving it.

My comprehensive, by the numbers effort to explain how Fox News went from a GOP propaganda outlet to the most powerful player in Republican politics over the last five years.
    The unforutnately named Matt Gertz has a article linked here.

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-new...les-proving-it

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    A damn pity Faux News can’t be banned in the States like it has in other countries, or, at the very least, limit the scope of its vile influence.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The mental health services in this country are very piss poor indeed unless you have the money to pay for good care. In prison I met with a doctor once a month. for 5 minutes tops. The questions were "Do you want to hurt your self or others?" And "Are you meds working? No? We will look into that. Next."

I go to an agency with state funding. In the 7 years I have been there they have had their funding cut each year. A few grants here and there gave them some extra funding but funding from the state and county has been cut 7 times. I have been through 6 therapists, and 4 doctors because they cant afford to keep anyone and have a huge turn around. They have cut 3 programs I was a part of because they sadly didnt have anyone to work those programs any more.

I think they do a pretty good job for the situation they find themselves in. But they are over worked, under staffed and under funded. Covid didnt help matters either.

I think if the law makers cared to help people in this country with mental heath problems then there are a lot of other issues that would be solved as well.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suther...hurch_shooting

Even if the lawmakers acknowledge mental health problems, they didn't take them seriously. In response to the Sutherland Springs church shooting, Donald Trump, said at a press conference that "I think that mental health is a problem here. Based on preliminary reports, this was a very deranged individual with a lot of problems over a very long period of time. We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, as do other countries, but this isn't a guns situation ... we could go into it but it's a little bit soon to go into it."

He acknowledged the mental health problem, but never tried to do anything about it.

Devin Patrick Kelley, the Sutherland Springs church shooter, was already a convicted felon who was admitted to a mental hospital for violent behavior. He was charged with assaulting his wife and fracturing his toddler stepson's skull. He was convicted of those charges.

Devin Kelley was brought before a general court-martial on four charges: assault on his wife, aggravated assault on his stepson, two charges of pointing a loaded gun at his wife, and two counts of threatening his wife with an unloaded gun. In November 2012, Kelley pleaded guilty to two counts of Article 128 UCMJ, for the assault of his wife and stepson. In return, the weapons charges were dropped. He was sentenced to 12 months of confinement and a reduction in rank to Airman Basic. He appealed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, but was unsuccessful. In 2014, he was dismissed from the Air Force with a bad conduct discharge.

The background checks did not prevent him from legally purchasing guns and ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suther...hurch_shooting

Even if the lawmakers acknowledge mental health problems, they didn't take them seriously. In response to the Sutherland Springs church shooting, Donald Trump, said at a press conference that "I think that mental health is a problem here. Based on preliminary reports, this was a very deranged individual with a lot of problems over a very long period of time. We have a lot of mental health problems in our country, as do other countries, but this isn't a guns situation ... we could go into it but it's a little bit soon to go into it."

He acknowledged the mental health problem, but never tried to do anything about it.

Devin Patrick Kelley, the Sutherland Springs church shooter, was already a convicted felon who was admitted to a mental hospital for violent behavior. He was charged with assaulting his wife and fracturing his toddler stepson's skull. He was convicted of those charges.

Devin Kelley was brought before a general court-martial on four charges: assault on his wife, aggravated assault on his stepson, two charges of pointing a loaded gun at his wife, and two counts of threatening his wife with an unloaded gun. In November 2012, Kelley pleaded guilty to two counts of Article 128 UCMJ, for the assault of his wife and stepson. In return, the weapons charges were dropped. He was sentenced to 12 months of confinement and a reduction in rank to Airman Basic. He appealed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, but was unsuccessful. In 2014, he was dismissed from the Air Force with a bad conduct discharge.

The background checks did not prevent him from legally purchasing guns and ammo.
    The backround check didnt stop him from getting a gun because of a mess up on the Air Force for not reporting the conviction. Had they the back round check would have stopped it. But may because of a case like this have the back round check include conviction and charges in a military court also. So if it is not reported then they could still turn up in a back round check?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Beware to not link this kind of event and mental illness…

Terrorists do such things and they are not ill… they believe they do the right thing…

For my part, whatever the motive of the killer, there’s no reason to have a gun if it’s no for sport or hunting…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

So, church shooter was a Taiwan hatred thing, based on his residing there years ago, and perhaps the China/Taiwan thing. So sayeth his notebooks, apparently. Brave pastor and congregants, IMO.

In 2021 firearms were the No. 1 cause of deaths for children ages 1-19.

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/22/10943...th-in-children

The GOP leadership and Focus on the Family is outraged and taking immediate action to change gun laws and stop the needless violence.

LOL, I'm kidding. Nobody said s**t about it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member

Church shooter had himself a bag of Molotov cocktails, and seems to have planned this out. Glad he didn't bust them out, it could have been even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post

The GOP leadership and Focus on the Family is outraged and taking immediate action to change gun laws and stop the needless violence.

I'm shocked. The GoP are putting out so much legislation to stop youth being harmed by Trans athletes and hormone blockers because they care about the Children here! That's what they are saying their motivations are and we should just trust them and question the motives of everyone else. /s

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post

I heard the GQP fell back on the old, familiar bad guy….videogames. Sooooooo predictable!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I heard the GQP fell back on the old, familiar bad guy….videogames. Sooooooo predictable!
    The GOP are going to point fingers at everyone they even think is responsible. Video games, Rap Music, The Dems for being so soft on crime.

All the whole they are ignoring that they and their fake News station have been spouting and enabling racists and white supremists for years. They wont say one word about that. But they will yell about the liberal media planting false flags and how we may never know the real reason for the shooting in Buffalo and the Damn Dems are looking to blame white people again.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/16/polit...ruz/index.html

The Supreme Court on Monday ruled in favor of Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas in a case involving the use of campaign funds to repay personal campaign loans, dealing the latest blow to campaign finance regulations.
    The court said that a federal cap on candidates using political contributions after an election to recoup personal loans made to their campaign was unconstitutional.
    So not content with stripping civil rights, the illegitimate court is now legalizing an easy method for bribery.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A damn pity Faux News can’t be banned in the States like it has in other countries, or, at the very least, limit the scope of its vile influence.
    How would you ban it in the states?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    How would you ban it in the states?
    You DID notice the part where they said 'a damn pity Faux News CAN'T be banned in the States like it has in other countries', right? Or did you miss that part?