Where'd all our Trumpists go?

Anyway, I won't call Nevada a lock yet but it's pretty likely Biden takes it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That is what has me nervous about everyone saying Biden will do better on the virus. I mean people expect the cases to drop a good deal and for the virus to be greatly diminished after he takes office. Yes he will most likely do a mask mandate. Yes he will listen to the experts in a way that Trump did not. But that wont mean anything unless people go along with what he says. The Trumper anti maskers are not going to all the sudden put on a mask and socially distance because Biden tells them to. in fact because it is coming from Biden the man who beat their god they will be more inclined to not listen. So this virus will really not go anywhere for awhile no matter who is president.
    The truth is that nothing could have stopped the virus coming into the US. But the manner of approach is key.

Trump's cavalier attitude, lies and generally fueling conspiracy theories really accelerated the impact of the virus in the US. In addition, he actively supported "aggressive" anti-mask protests which almost culminated in the kidnap of a governor.

A countrywide mask mandate might not be the way to go but working with the states with a cool head and calming EVERYONE down (and not this stupid blue and red state garbage) would help. Not to mention that working with scientists to develop workable solutions is the most likely tact Biden would take. That whole "science is bad" nonsense would be gone and gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That is what has me nervous about everyone saying Biden will do better on the virus. I mean people expect the cases to drop a good deal and for the virus to be greatly diminished after he takes office. Yes he will most likely do a mask mandate. Yes he will listen to the experts in a way that Trump did not. But that wont mean anything unless people go along with what he says. The Trumper anti maskers are not going to all the sudden put on a mask and socially distance because Biden tells them to. in fact because it is coming from Biden the man who beat their god they will be more inclined to not listen. So this virus will really not go anywhere for awhile no matter who is president.
    This is lasting damage Trump has done. The GOP have mad Covid irreversibly worse. The pro life party... all lives matter...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

Yeah, Nevada is scary close.

But the mail-in ballots "should" favor Biden.

Pennsylvania on the other hand is looking very, very scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

They'll be back to tapdance soon.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

If you're going 90 miles an hour in the wrong direction, you can't just turn around. You have to slow down first, but while you're slowing down, you're still going in the wrong direction until it's safe to turn around. That's how the covid crisis will go in the first 100 days of a Biden administration.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The truth is that nothing could have stopped the virus coming into the US. But the manner of approach is key.

Trump's cavalier attitude, lies and generally fueling conspiracy theories really accelerated the impact of the virus in the US. In addition, he actively supported "aggressive" anti-mask protests which almost culminated in the kidnap of a governor.

A countrywide mask mandate might not be the way to go but working with the states with a cool head and calming EVERYONE down (and not this stupid blue and red state garbage) would help. Not to mention that working with scientists to develop workable solutions is the most likely tact Biden would take. That whole "science is bad" nonsense would be gone and gone for good.
    Agreed. That it made it to our shores was not Trump's fault. And his ban on China travel was not a bad move. It was in fact probably the only good move he made. I mean in the end it didn't stop or even delay anything, it was moving and on its way but that's in retrospect, the move at the time was logical. And the left should be willing to admit that their cries of racism there were ridiculous. But again, it was virtually the only good move he made. Everything after it had concretely hit our shores anyway, was just a clown show. The appropriate stuff done at the height of the first wave was implemented late, he did kicking and screaming, and pulled back too soon.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-04-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member

Politico says the polling industry should be blown up.

I agree. Because it appears even internal party polling got a lot of stuff wrong.

It seems a lot of firms in the industry don't know what they are doing.

Extraordinary Member

I agree. Because it appears even internal party polling got a lot of stuff wrong.

Most people just don’t understand probabilities and polling in general. Trump didn’t win a single firm Biden state. Races were tight in Ohio, Texas, Florida, etc. They were also trending favorable towards Trump. The story there was that when they broke for Trump they broke hard. But the actual result was not a surprise.

Arizona was the big one and went Biden. Otherwise everyone knew PA was huge and that was another tight one.

People just want an all or nothing answer

BANNED

As 538 pointed out, a lot of the polling did play out as promised. New Hampshire going Biden's way was per the polls, Arizona being one of the states that the Dems could take was projected.

Where the polls went wrong is Florida but then that's Florida, but everything else was within the 3 point margin of error and it's played out exactly as people said i.e. the "blue shift" in terms of mail-in voting.

The overly optimistic expectations of Biden winning big early in Texas and Florida...yeah that hasn't happened, but that's optimistic for a reason.

Nearly 90% of pollsters got it wrong but got it kind of right, just in the wrong order.

Nearly 95% of internal pollsters got it wrong.

I'd say it it time to blow it up.

And that's why I disappeared because our bullpen got slammed and I was writing papers on tie-break scenarios, why Trump got the highest POC vote of any modern POTUS, etc.

It was one for the ages to say the least.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Either way seeing Trump supporters who bragged Trump would crush Biden etc , getting a dose of humble pie today has been good. They are now worried , crying and claiming its rigged etc. So they went from this OVER CONFIDENT 49ers fanbase to watching possibly a Mahomes deal (if it happens) .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Trump is suing for a recount in WI.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Either way seeing Trump supporters who bragged Trump would crush Biden etc , getting a dose of humble pie today has been good. They are now worried , crying and claiming its rigged etc. So they went from this OVER CONFIDENT 49ers fanbase to watching possibly a Mahomes deal (if it happens) .
    There's a complete conservative meltdown happening right now.

This is their "2016". But the race isn't over yet but it's good to see the meltdown.