Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trump is suing for a recount in WI.
    LOL..that was fast.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Isn't this early to be suing ? We don't know how Nevada and Michigan will break down yet.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

And that's why I disappeared because our bullpen got slammed and I was writing papers on tie-break scenarios, why Trump got the highest POC vote of any modern POTUS, etc.
    1) where's the citation for this?

2) not all the individual popular votes have been counted (i.e. California and so on).

3) too early for postmortem right now.

I am not in favor of scapegoat narratives before the scape is fully done.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    He's already won Wisconsin. Michigan is in the bag.

He just needs to maintain his lead in Nevada and that's it. Granted it's not over but Biden is pretty much the front runner.

He doesn't need NC or Georgia.
    Its far from over. The difference in Wisconsin is around 1%. For an amount that close, I think you're allowed to request a recount

Of course he is.

If the reversed happened, Trump would be accusing Democrats of trying to corrupt the system
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 11-04-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Either way seeing Trump supporters who bragged Trump would crush Biden etc , getting a dose of humble pie today has been good. They are now worried , crying and claiming its rigged etc. So they went from this OVER CONFIDENT 49ers fanbase to watching possibly a Mahomes deal (if it happens) .
    Just to lighten the mood a bit, your football references make me laugh because when I watch these things, I always liken them to me watching a game, in this case though its kinda more like watching a basketball game before the advent of the shot clock, watching the score change slowly, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Btw because this is a census year the GOP is still going to draw 4-5x as many districts as Dems. The path will be harder going forward. So there’s that

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Just to lighten the mood a bit, your football references make me laugh because when I watch these things, I always liken them to me watching a game, in this case though its kinda more like watching a basketball game before the advent of the shot clock, watching the score change slowly, lol.
    I been making this reference for a couple months at best. Thanks for enjoying it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

They're very comparable in a lot of ways.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Isn't this early to be suing ? We don't know how Nevada and Michigan will break down yet.
    It was a statement on my part, like "I think this is over."

But they did announce suing Texas and then recanted when he was in the win column. It's his strong arm tactics that really don't do anything but make it look like Trump bullied people into getting his way. It's the faux machismo he's known for that some people think is real.

The GOP/Trump campaign have started the election day lawsuits early, well before November 3rd. I will not be shocked if they start going at it before the dust settles. It really is their best course of action because they can blindside the courts and rally their base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    1) where's the citation for this?

2) not all the individual popular votes have been counted (i.e. California and so on).

3) too early for postmortem right now.

I am not in favor of scapegoat narratives before the scape is fully done.
    1). It was a statement on my part. I guess I should have added " I think Trump is suing WI." With the commission saying they are done counting, my guts goes, "He is suing WI."

2). Yup but 24/7 journalism don't care!

3). Not really. We already know a lot of Biden's missteps and the overplays the Dems made in the wrong places. Starting to collect information now, in the heat of the moment, is how you get those raw answers from the group of MAGA-hat wearing Latinos I just interview that I have never see in my town before. Asking people why they voted now is better than waiting ... it's not like it will be published today.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-04-2020 at 11:48 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

3). Not really. We already know a lot of Biden's missteps and the overplays the Dems made in the wrong places. Starting to collect information now, in the heat of the moment, is how you get those raw answers from the group of MAGA-hat wearing Latinos I just interview that I have never see in my town before. Asking people why they voted now is better than waiting ... it's not like it will be published today.
    Okay but then you aren't in a position to be making grand statements and morality plays just yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Btw because this is a census year the GOP is still going to draw 4-5x as many districts as Dems. The path will be harder going forward. So there’s that
    It was always going to be harder going forward but again if Biden wins, it's still a big f--king deal (TM) even if the GOP retains the Senate. Things can get done even in the two years between 2020-2022 Midterms. Not as much as it should be done, not enough but still we get something instead of what we have now, which is less than nothing.

Let's not treat victories like defeats. Let's not assume despair when there's still hope. Despair when you have to and not before.

Okay but then you aren't in a position to be making grand statements and morality plays just yet.
    I think you're reaching a bit in my statements but the tie breaking scenario was on the board as legitimate at about midnight PST when NE1 started going hard Biden (it has since stopped).

The POC vote is not some morality play ... in all the votes tabulated so far Trump is doing something historic in that regard. People want to know why.

Especially considering that pollsters kind of got it wrong but right again, something is broken in our current system./

Turnout is very high almost everywhere and mail-in is the highest ever.

We can't keep ignoring it.

This is a discussion thread, the whole point is to talk about it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

I think you're reaching a bit in my statements but the tie breaking scenario was on the board as legitimate at about midnight PST when NE1 started going hard Biden (it has since stopped).

The POC vote is not some morality play ... in all the votes tabulated so far Trump is doing something historic in that regard. People want to know why.

Especially considering that pollsters kind of got it wrong but right again, something is broken in our current system./

Turnout is very high almost everywhere and mail-in is the highest ever.

We can't keep ignoring it.

This is a discussion thread, the whole point is to talk about it.
    Yeah but stuff like that isn't worth drawing conclusions about until we get the full individual popular vote (which will be a month away).

It was always going to be harder going forward but again if Biden wins, it's still a big f--king deal (TM) even if the GOP retains the Senate. Things can get done even in the two years between 2020-2022 Midterms. Not as much as it should be done, not enough but still we get something instead of what we have now, which is less than nothing.

Let's not treat victories like defeats. Let's not assume despair when there's still hope. Despair when you have to and not before.
    Lead-up to Census years and judicial appointment years are times the Dems should be making hard pushes for seats because the GOP has learned you can a) redraw the districts and, b) pack the court to prevent changes to your districts.

That is why if Trump wins, we'll be staring at 3 of the last 4 Rs losing the popular vote but winning the EC.

They have changed the rules of the game to favor them.

It is pretty funny to see all the outspoken Trump supporters who were bragging and making fun of anyone that isn't a trump supporter on my social media pages last night, either going silent today or whining about rigged elections or how terrible the U.S would be if Joe Bidden won etc.