BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    It is pretty funny to see all the outspoken Trump supporters who were bragging and making fun of anyone that isn't a trump supporter on my social media pages last night, either going silent today or whining about rigged elections or how terrible the U.S would be if Joe Bidden won etc.
    I guess there's comfort in an election that so far has upset both electorates. Dems didn't get the overwhelming victory we dreamed for, the major moral reckoning that is devoutly to be wished. Republicans didn't get the "crushing landslide" that was always more of a pipe dream (or pipe nightmare) than the other way around. And of course they lost Arizona...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    It is pretty funny to see all the outspoken Trump supporters who were bragging and making fun of anyone that isn't a trump supporter on my social media pages last night, either going silent today or whining about rigged elections or how terrible the U.S would be if Joe Bidden won etc.
    Yep...its been GLORIOUS as I posted a page or 2 back. Its fun to watch the utter melt down. They believed Biden would be crushed and seeing it not happen and Trump possibly lose has been great.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It was always going to be harder going forward but again if Biden wins, it's still a big f--king deal (TM) even if the GOP retains the Senate. Things can get done even in the two years between 2020-2022 Midterms. Not as much as it should be done, not enough but still we get something instead of what we have now, which is less than nothing.

Let's not treat victories like defeats. Let's not assume despair when there's still hope. Despair when you have to and not before.
    Biden winning is important, but this election has been a disaster everywhere else. The Senate is a GOP majority, the Republicans gained seats in the House, gerrymandering is guaranteed to worsen, Trump got validation in the form of being more embraced by the minority vote, the Gorsuch/Kavanagh/Barrett situation in the court is unactionable now. Mitch will hold off a relief Bill and Blake Biden as the economy tanks.

Trump going is obviously a huge deal, but this isn’t some victory lap either. Biden is going to severely struggle to claim a mandate and he’s going to be flanked everywhere. Obamacare is pretty much still at the mercy of the courts.

This is not a happy ending. To give you an analogy this is like having in chess if you get your opponent to sacrifice his queen in exchange for losing both rooms and a bishop and now your pawn positioning is all messed up. Like yeah you have the most powerful piece, but everything is a landline and you can’t maximize it

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trump is suing for a recount in WI.
    Even Scott Walker (former Wis gov.) Said a recount is unlikely to change much given the 20,000 vote edge.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member

Also thank god for Bloomberg’s 100 million dollars in Florida

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Biden winning is important, but this election has been a disaster everywhere else. The Senate is a GOP majority, the Republicans gained seats in the House, gerrymandering is guaranteed to worsen, Trump got validation in the form of being more embraced by the minority vote, the Gorsuch/Kavanagh/Barrett situation in the court is unactionable now. Mitch will hold off a relief Bill and Blake Biden as the economy tanks.

Trump going is obviously a huge deal, but this isn’t some victory lap either. Biden is going to severely struggle to claim a mandate and he’s going to be flanked everywhere. Obamacare is pretty much still at the mercy of the courts.

This is not a happy ending. To give you an analogy this is like having in chess if you get your opponent to sacrifice his queen in exchange for losing both rooms and a bishop and now your pawn positioning is all messed up. Like yeah you have the most powerful piece, but everything is a landline and you can’t maximize it
    Politics aren't sports. And again having Trump outside the WH is a huge win quite apart from anything. The Dems can get more done with a Dem in the WH, even with McConnell than with just the House as before.

Obviously the Midterms in 2022 is going to be the big thing. And as for Trump being more embraced by the minority vote...I'll believe it when I see it, in the sense of having every individual vote counted. Getting the Cuban vote doesn't prove otherwise. Trump hasn't won big in DC or in Maryland, or NYC, or California. He's lost Arizona.

Heck Miami is majority Democratic it's just that the better than usual performance from the Cuban-Americans tipped the state vote over.

As for the result (if everything holds of course) it's a victory and one I'd celebrate but the overall outlook is poor. The government is locked in to do little for two years at least, and the supreme court is f*cked for the foreseeable future. I'll still be happy seeing Trump away from power but it's tempered by reality.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member

Yep, this is exactly it. We didn’t completely lose the game, but it’s not a home run either. This is a really abysmal results for Democrats.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I guess there's comfort in an election that so far has upset both electorates. Dems didn't get the overwhelming victory we dreamed for, the major moral reckoning that is devoutly to be wished. Republicans didn't get the "crushing landslide" that was always more of a pipe dream (or pipe nightmare) than the other way around. And of course they lost Arizona...
    Yea its been stressful on both sides. But I wasn't bragging or name calling because of an election. But the Trump supporters on my social media pages where full of themselves last night. To seem them crying and telling others to stop being " mean" is just to funny.

I think a big problem is people still view the president as the important piece. When really, if you know anything about how this works, House and Senate are basically more important. Especially these days. But a lot of people don’t know that, or don’t care? It’s not the big sexy election, so...

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yep...its been GLORIOUS as I posted a page or 2 back. Its fun to watch the utter melt down. They believed Biden would be crushed and seeing it not happen and Trump possibly lose has been great.
    Yea It has been quite the show. I am just ready for it to be over and the winner is announced and things can either go back to how it is now, or take a different path lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    As for the result (if everything holds of course) it's a victory and one I'd celebrate but the overall outlook is poor. The government is locked in to do little for two years at least, and the supreme court is f*cked for the foreseeable future. I'll still be happy seeing Trump away from power but it's tempered by reality.
    The point is not to lose the enthusiasm game. As for the SCOTUS, well watch the space in 2022 Midterms.

Extraordinary Member

Politics aren't sports. And again having Trump outside the WH is a huge win quite apart from anything. The Dems can get more done with a Dem in the WH, even with McConnell than with just the House as before.

Obviously the Midterms in 2022 is going to be the big thing. And as for Trump being more embraced by the minority vote...I'll believe it when I see it, in the sense of having every individual vote counted. Getting the Cuban vote doesn't prove otherwise. Trump hasn't won big in DC or in Maryland, or NYC, or California.

Heck Miami is majority Democratic it's just that the better than usual performance from the Cuban-Americans tipped the state vote over.
    Again Biden winning is huge. But it is not the big problem solver it was set up to be. It is now a bandaid to stop the hemorrhaging. Politics is a sport. It’s a sport about gaining power and wielding it. Right now the GOP preserved huge chunks of power it gained during the last 4 years in the courts, they stymied Biden’s ability to do real reform, they set themselves up to easily gain power in the future with gerrymandering. Right now Biden can effectively strip some of the executive orders, get us back in the Iran deal and Paris Accords. But he can’t do anything domestic

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

USPS Fails To Meet Deadline To Permit Search For 300,000 Missing Mailed Ballots

Coincidence? Shouldn't DeJoy be sent to prison for this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I think a big problem is people still view the president as the important piece. When really, if you know anything about how this works, House and Senate are basically more important. Especially these days. But a lot of people don’t know that, or don’t care? It’s not the big sexy election, so...
    Speaking for myself I know that, and obviously it would be better with the Senate. I know for a fact that McConnell isn't going to give advise and consent to any of Biden's cabinet appointments and so on, and Biden will have to maneuver and work things there as best as he can.

But at the end of the day, I'll take what I can get.

Would people have preferred Trump winning the Election and the Dems the Senate, let's say? What would be done then? Sure a second impeachment which goes to the Senate and a bigger trial and so on, but the Dems still won't get the votes they need to remove him in the Senate Trial. The Dems won't have votes to overcome a Presidential Veto. And of course there will be some Dems interested in "Working across the aisle" to show they aren't obstructionists and so on and that will alienate left voters and others so on.

By contrast, relatively more will be done with Biden in charge.

Again Biden winning is huge. But it is not the big problem solver it was set up to be. It is now a bandaid to stop the hemorrhaging.
    Take a look around America is bleeding badly. We need the bandaids.

Politics is a sport.
    Politics is its own thing that shouldn't be analogized to stuff like sports and arts or any other metaphors.

Right now Biden can effectively strip some of the executive orders, get us back in the Iran deal and Paris Accords. But he can’t do anything domestic
    Obama did get stuff done in his final years as POTUS even with McConnell in charge. And removing the executive orders and so on, is a big deal.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 11-04-2020 at 12:32 PM.