Biden potentially winning is not a panacea.

It does go along way to start swinging the pendulum back towards the middle.

People will need to rock the vote in 2022 like it was a Presidential year.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Also thank god for Bloomberg’s 100 million dollars in Florida
    Didn't he pay to help restore people's voting rights? Sure, we lost Florida, but at least they can vote.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Again Biden winning is huge. But it is not the big problem solver it was set up to be. It is now a bandaid to stop the hemorrhaging. Politics is a sport. It’s a sport about gaining power and wielding it. Right now the GOP preserved huge chunks of power it gained during the last 4 years in the courts, they stymied Biden’s ability to do real reform, they set themselves up to easily gain power in the future with gerrymandering. Right now Biden can effectively strip some of the executive orders, get us back in the Iran deal and Paris Accords. But he can’t do anything domestic
    I suspect many of the more moderate Republicans are secretly hoping the Donald losing...heck Mr Mets doesn’t even keep the thought to himself.

Certainly if the Donald loses I don’t think he will stand an earthly of being allowed to stand in 4 years time...but maybe my thinking is conditioned by UK politics where a 70 plus Conservative candidate who lost one eLection would be binned before the words “Jack Robinson” could be uttered.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Biden potentially winning is not a panacea.

It does go along way to start swinging the pendulum back towards the middle.

People will need to rock the vote in 2022 like it was a Presidential year.
    Nobody who voted for Biden believed he was a panacea. People who vote Bernie or Obama, they believed their candidate was a panacea.

But again something not being a cure-all is still good if it helps.

Ask yourself which is better : A Dem Senate + House with Trump as President, or a Dem House and WH with a GOP Senate? In the absence of a trifecta, that's what we are stuck with.

I don’t think people voted for Biden as a panacea, but as a band aid, exactly as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Speaking for myself I know that, and obviously it would be better with the Senate. I know for a fact that McConnell isn't going to give advise and consent to any of Biden's cabinet appointments and so on, and Biden will have to maneuver and work things there as best as he can.
    This isn’t an argument I’m making. I’m saying stressing how important all the pieces are is what is important. Because I don’t think a lot of people know. Or take enough interest in politics, or how the government works on a regular basis.

That Qanon woman in the South looks like the GOP's rising star this election.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is a name I'm going to be watching out for.

Ugh, American conservatism is dead.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    This isn’t an argument I’m making. I’m saying stressing how important all the pieces are is what is important. Because I don’t think a lot of people know. Or take enough interest in politics, or how the government works on a regular basis.
    Well the point remains, in the absence of a trifecta which is better?
    -- A Dem Senate and Dem House with Trump as POTUS
    -- A Dem WH and a Dem House with GOP Maj. Senate.

Because the Dems wouldn't have been able to impeach Trump even if they had the Senate.

Astonishing Member

If Dems want progressive to fall in line, maybe they should consider cleaning up their backyards (like California) a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Didn't he pay to help restore people's voting rights? Sure, we lost Florida, but at least they can vote.
    Michael Jordan and LeBron James also chipped in.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Nobody who voted for Biden believed he was a panacea. People who vote Bernie or Obama, they believed their candidate was a panacea.

But again something not being a cure-all is still good if it helps.

Ask yourself which is better : A Dem Senate + House with Trump as President, or a Dem House and WH with a GOP Senate? In the absence of a trifecta, that's what we are stuck with.
    I think my statement is in agreement with you.

To answer your question, however, I will take small, permanent gains over large swings any day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I don’t think people voted for Biden as a panacea, but as a band aid, exactly as you said.

Even the most uninformed in this thread are MILES above the average voter.

Politics at the dinner table needs to stop being so taboo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That Qanon woman in the South looks like the GOP's rising star this election.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is a name I'm going to be watching out for.

Ugh, American conservatism is dead.
    It's alive and well. It's just white supremacy crossed with social media (ex. Facebook and 4chan). White nationalism is truly the GOP's meal ticket now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It's alive and well. It's just white supremacy crossed with social media (ex. Facebook and 4chan). White nationalism is truly the GOP's meal ticket now.
    She'll be getting censured in the House soon enough.

I maintain that the only people who really pay close attention to politics are being paid for it. It’s their job.

The rest of us, it’s just a lot to ask. Unfortunately. Most people don’t have the time or energy. I wish that weren’t the case but politics isn’t sexy like sports or tv.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Can Trump run again in 2004

NV, WI, & MI are all around a 30K vote difference or less.

That is nuts.

The GA keep creeping closer, too.