Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Eric Trump tweeted that Trump had won PA but that was like 40 minutes ago. If this is true, why is trump having an issue? So much mis information is out here.
    Because he's Tweedle Dum of the 3 grown offspring. PA will be counting until Friday, at least, and now the Trumps are demanding a halt of sorts to counting there.

Ultimate Member

CNN is giving Michigan to Biden.

But Trump is trying to stop the vote in the state.

Interesting times.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

CNN just gave Michigan to Biden.

That's a huge blow to Trump's campaign.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Outside of a "close" electoral college at the moment (it won't be when the votes are counted)...

It's worth noting that the current estimate of the popular vote is that Trump's going to lose it by about double the 3 million total from 2016. The projection is the final tally for 2020 will have Biden with around 80 million votes, and Trump with between 73-75 million, depending.

The real story, and stop me if this is shocking, is we need to get the f*** rid of the electoral college.
    Exactly.

It’s crazy that Biden could get up to 5 million more votes than Trump and still lose the election (even if it looks unlikely now).

On edge with this today. C'mon Biden, please just win this.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Point to the enthusiasm, and show me where you see it.
    Simply, what do you feel more enthusiastic about, and what do you think people feel more enthusiastic about?
    -- A Dem Senate and Dem House with a Trump WH
    -- A Dem House and WH with a GOP Senate.

Which is more likely to do the greatest good for the greatest number of people in the short term and (potentially) the long term?

Empirically speaking most people are more enthusiastic about "A Dem WH and House" with a GOP Senate than a "GOP WH" in any circumstances.

If your standards are "Trifecta or Nothing" or "Crushing Landslide or Nothing" then I am not sure you understand what politics are about. At least people who are enthusiastic about communism or anarchism have idealism going for them. But if you enter the "politics of the possible" game, then you take what you get and try better next time. There is no "...or Nothing" in politics. In War sure, but while war is politics by other means, the reverse is not true. Politics, democratic politics, isn't a war and you can't have an "all or nothing" mentality.

So that's the enthusiasm game.

This guy here gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yes, we all wanted a blue wave but considering the sheer number of votes Biden and Trump are getting that was never going to happen. But in all this, there is room for improvement but we shouldn't act Biden winning the White House and removing an incumbent President isn't a big deal, it quite clearly is.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 11-04-2020 at 02:28 PM.

All Biden needs, minimally, is AZ and NV. Anything else is icing in the cake.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I feel the same. But because of Trump's petty nature it looks like a winner won't be called anytime soon...……. SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Everyone, just say it out loud, "Smokin' Joe Biden won this".

He did. We know he did. We're seeing DeJoy and the DOJ trying to ratf*** mail-in balloting, and even with 300K ballots sitting around in random places from Democratic counties in 5 swing states... Biden's pulling ahead in those states. Hell, the Senate races... The 5 states are GA, MI, NC, WI, and PA. The three I bolded? Those represent 4 Senate seats. There's enough ballots to be counted out there, and in those places that both Georgia races could, at the very least, advance to a runoff. Gary Peters will likely win MI. And Cal Cunningham is likely to pull ahead in NC.

We're not just talking about those 300K ballots nearly sabotaging a clear Biden win... that's enough votes being held back by Louis DeJoy to potentially swing control of the Senate, too.

But keep saying it, "Smokin' Joe Biden won this fight."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

One of my friends on Facebook who is a hardcore Trump guy had the nerve to just say if Biden wins he won't be a legit president because of rigged election. I posted "just like the obvious Russian interference back in 2016 that lead to Trump winning?" I quickly Got unfriended but the guy is quick to call others snowflakes and posted questionable and sometimes racist crap, so it's no loss on my part LOL.

Ultimate Member

And look at PA, the gap between Trump and Biden is now around 300k, down from the 600k earlier in the day.

It’s looking increasingly like Trump has lost it and is just being a baby about it.

Downballot in Arizona...

AZ-6 may be flipping blue. Democratic candidate Hiral Tipirneni has taken the lead over incumbent Republican Mark Schweikert (he who was censured and fined for 12 ethics violations) with more mail-in ballots to be counted. But given the trend that the longer the count goes, the more the Democrat gains steam... it looks like we will see a Congresswoman Tipirneni in January.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Everyone, just say it out loud, "Smokin' Joe Biden won this".

He did. We know he did. We're seeing DeJoy and the DOJ trying to ratf*** mail-in balloting, and even with 300K ballots sitting around in random places from Democratic counties in 5 swing states... Biden's pulling ahead in those states. Hell, the Senate races... The 5 states are GA, MI, NC, WI, and PA. The three I bolded? Those represent 4 Senate seats. There's enough ballots to be counted out there, and in those places that both Georgia races could, at the very least, advance to a runoff. Gary Peters will likely win MI. And Cal Cunningham is likely to pull ahead in NC.

We're not just talking about those 300K ballots nearly sabotaging a clear Biden win... that's enough votes being held back by Louis DeJoy to potentially swing control of the Senate, too.

But keep saying it, "Smokin' Joe Biden won this fight."
    Smokin' Joe Biden, Amtrak Joe Biden, Diamond Joe Biden.

Bring home the gold, hotshot.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Michigan has been hovering at 99% vote reporting for some time.

Edit: Maybe not
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    CNN just gave Michigan to Biden.

That's a huge blow to Trump's campaign.
    Hell yea. I hope NV goes to Biden too.