Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    One of my friends on Facebook who is a hardcore Trump guy had the nerve to just say if Biden wins he won't be a legit president because of rigged election. I posted "just like the obvious Russian interference back in 2016 that lead to Trump winning?" I quickly Got unfriended but the guy is quick to call others snowflakes and posted questionable and sometimes racist crap, so it's no loss on my part LOL.
    "It's not fair when they count Democratic votes! WAAAAH!"

I had a Trump supporter I work with literally walk in the door at work at 4AM and whine, "F***ING ARIZONA FLIPPED BLUE. WHAT THE F*** IS GOING ON?!?!"

And I just went, "We probably shouldn't talk about the election. Y'know, Hatch Act stuff as government employees and all that."

He muttered to himself for the three hours I was there, put Fox News up on a monitor in his department (which, his boss is off today, but isn't something someone should be doing).

But the guy's world is coming to an end. I'm pretty ok with that.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Hell yea. I hope NV goes to Biden too.
    That is looking likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Smokin' Joe Biden, Amtrak Joe Biden, Diamond Joe Biden.

Bring home the gold, hotshot.
    LOL. Keep speaking the truth.

Smokin' Joe Biden won this. In spite of all the brazen cheating by the Trump administration that folks like Louis DeJoy are trying, in spite of all the impotent legal actions Trump is threatening... Smokin' Joe Biden won this.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The odds of Louis DeJoy ending up in jail seem like they go up daily.
    As much as I'd like to see that, I highly doubt that will happen

1. Is it possible to directly convict him?
    2. If Trump wins, he'll pardon the piece of crap and telling his cult Dejoy was the victim

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    LOL. Keep speaking the truth.

Smokin' Joe Biden won this. In spite of all the brazen cheating by the Trump administration that folks like Louis DeJoy are trying, in spite of all the impotent legal actions Trump is threatening... Smokin' Joe Biden won this.

Most previous election years I'd be glued to the the news or TV watching as each spot on the map turned one color or another. This year, it's too nerve-wracking.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

2. If Trump wins, he'll pardon the piece of crap and telling his cult Dejoy was the victim
    2. is looking less and less likely. Well, the winning and pardoning part.

Although Trump will whine about it, never concede or admit that he fairly lost, it looks like Biden has it and that the Democrats will keep the House. Sadly, it looks like the Republicans will keep the Senate and still be able to block everything. But we can still hope.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

DeJoy repeatedly lied in front of Congress. Then when out and transparently sabotaged the postal service to steal the election. Either is a federal crime. If they don't charge him until after the election... Trump might not think to pardon him in advance.

Even if he does, DeJoy is currently also being investigated at the state level for campaign finance crimes. If he's nabbed on those, Trump can't pardon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Most previous election years I'd be glued to the the news or TV watching as each spot on the map turned one color or another. This year, it's too nerve-wracking.
    The era of doomscrolling and the nature of how the vote is counted made it easy for despair last night... I spent most of my night having to assure friends with temporary and in many cases regular anxiety amped up that it was gonna be okay... but just say it to yourself, because it's the truth:

Smokin'. Joe. Biden. Won this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Although Trump will whine about it, never concede or admit that he fairly lost, it looks like Biden has it and that the Democrats will keep the House. Sadly, it looks like the Republicans will keep the Senate and still be able to block everything. But we can still hope.
    Even if that is the case, I think, maybe, the Dems will edge closer to 50%. If so, there will be another Senate race in 2022. This might give the Dems a second chance to claim the Senate.

There are 34 U.S. Senate seats up for regular election in 2022—12 seats held by Democrats and 22 held by Republicans as of November 2020.

The map below shows what seats are up for election and the current incumbent in each race. Note: Arizona and Georgia held special elections for U.S. Senate in Arizona and Georgia in 2020. Below, incumbents before the elections in those races are shown.
    Ballotpedia

Keep hoping. They're still counting. There's 2 Georgia Senate races likely going to runoff. Gary Peters looks to hold on in Michigan. Cal Cunningham is likely to flip that NC seat.

This is gonna be a weird-ass ten weeks. But the longer they count, the better the news is likely to be. Especially if those 300K ballots are counted by court order.

BANNED

Take what you get.

And be grateful it ain't 4 more years of that blight.

Er, Trump's latest tweets are not good. The ramifications of them...

#BREAKING: Large, animated crush of “stop the count” protestors trying to push their way into TCF hall in #Detroit where ballots are being counted.

They’re being blocked by guards at the door.

Pizza boxes are pushed against the window to obstruct view. It’s tense. @NBCNews
    Twitter Link

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Why do they even have windows that are transparent? They should use those fancy shaded windows you can't see in (but they can see out). Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Er, Trump's latest tweets are not good. The ramifications of them...
    And Twitter's flagging a lot of his posts. Because obviously.

Nobody thought he was going to lose gracefully. He lost an election he's been caught cheating in, interfering in, and openly soliciting foreign assistance in. He's gonna fight and whine.

And he's gonna lose all the same.