Twitter already took his crap down.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And Twitter's flagging a lot of his posts. Because obviously.

Nobody thought he was going to lose gracefully. He lost an election he's been caught cheating in, interfering in, and openly soliciting foreign assistance in. He's gonna fight and whine.

And he's gonna lose all the same.
    The popular vote margin this time is gonna be one for the books. In 2016, Hillary Clinton didn't exceed it until the individual ballots from CA were tallied up. In 2022, Pre-CA, t's already matched HRC's margin.

Ultimately props to Barack Obama, he put his VP into the WH whereas Bill wasn't able to put his VP and his Missus into the Oval Office.

This is icing on his legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Simply, what do you feel more enthusiastic about, and what do you think people feel more enthusiastic about?
    -- A Dem Senate and Dem House with a Trump WH
    -- A Dem House and WH with a GOP Senate.

Which is more likely to do the greatest good for the greatest number of people in the short term and (potentially) the long term?

Empirically speaking most people are more enthusiastic about "A Dem WH and House" with a GOP Senate than a "GOP WH" in any circumstances.

If your standards are "Trifecta or Nothing" or "Crushing Landslide or Nothing" then I am not sure you understand what politics are about. At least people who are enthusiastic about communism or anarchism have idealism going for them. But if you enter the "politics of the possible" game, then you take what you get and try better next time. There is no "...or Nothing" in politics. In War sure, but while war is politics by other means, the reverse is not true. Politics, democratic politics, isn't a war and you can't have an "all or nothing" mentality.

So that's the enthusiasm game.

To put this simply...

This was the most "Gimme..." election that Democrats will ever be given when it comes to opportunity.

They seemingly will stumble into a Presidential win. They lost ground in The House. The Senate? Massive wasted opportunity.

Actually making something notable out of that singular opportunity would have done the greatest good for the greatest number of people.

Democrats blew that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Good. At least someone is moderating him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Actually making something notable out of that singular opportunity would have done the greatest good for the greatest number of people.
    That's not the question.

Would a Dem Senate and a Dem House have done more/better with Trump in the WH as opposed to Biden in the WH and a GOP Senate and a Dem House?

You get to choose between the reality that's available and the other likely possibility rather than the ideal scenario. Make your choice.

This was the most "Gimme..." election that Democrats will ever be given when it comes to opportunity.
    There's no such thing as a "Gimme..." election.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Some good words from Biden:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VjrDcu3L8s

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    What exactly did he say?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

If anyone has a political anecdote from their state, I'd love to hear it.

From my state I have two, one good and one not so good.

The good anecdote is that my county, for the first time in I don't know how many decades, went blue and apparently (votes are still being counted) voted for Biden.

The not so good is that it looks like Van Drew, you know the guy who was a Democrat then became a Republican Trump boot licker, might get re-elected.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

There's no such thing as a "Gimme..." election.
    Politely, you are simply incorrect.

Barring Trump attempting a future run?

You will never get another "Jones/Moore..." opportunity like this again.

What did Democrats make of it?

To put this simply...

This. And here we are with a far closer election that we should have. A historically bad president, and the former VP of a wildly popular president. Close race...

I know a lot of people on here don't like 30's takes, but they're not wrong here. A lot of politically left people don't like the Democratic party, and the Democratic Party seem to have no answer for that, and it costs them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If anyone has a political anecdote from their state, I'd love to hear it.

From my state I have two, one good and one not so good.

The good anecdote is that my county, for the first time in I don't know how many decades, went blue and apparently (votes are still being counted) voted for Biden.

The not so good is that it looks like Van Drew, you know the guy who was a Democrat then became a Republican Trump boot licker, might get re-elected.
    Oberweis/Underwood?

Fingers crossed, but I don't much like the sound of what I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Some good words from Biden:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VjrDcu3L8s

What exactly did he say?
    Declaring that the states STILL counting votes were now his, despite the count leaning more and more towards Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    NBC is reporting that Trump is suing to stop the count in PA. It is starting ealry. A recount in Wis, a law suit in PA. Its going to be a long couple weeks.
    there are also plenty of 45-acolytes attempting to swarm the *********based vote-counting facility. Straight nonsense.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    This. And here we are with a far closer election that we should have. A historically bad president, and the former VP of a wildly popular president. Close race...

I know a lot of people on here don't like 30's takes, but they're not wrong here. A lot of politically left people don't like the Democratic party, and the Democratic Party seem to have no answer for that, and it costs them.
    There’s another thing to take o to account though, especially when it comes to political planning on the left:

It seems the apparatus for gathering information on the electorate is busted, both in old school scientific polling and in vocal online discourse. The latter couldn’t predict just how overwhelming his primary victories would be once Super Tuesday hit and how little impact the more vocal and enthusiastic segments of the left would have in getting out the vote *then*, arguably the more important time when it comes to controlling the direction of a party, and it’s clear the former really was bamboozled by “hidden Trump supporters” - though I’m feeling they’re less “shy and wary of condemnation,” and more likely “bitter and paranoid about media.”

I think what we’re seeing now is that, as weird as it may seem, the more left-leaning sections of the party still aren’t able to really activate outside of their strongholds, while the more traditional center section is dependent on demographics changes that take a long time to cement and become reliable, and neither section is dealing in as good of a faith as they need to right now.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    there are also plenty of 45-acolytes attempting to swarm the *********based vote-counting facility. Straight nonsense.
    The weak running with their marching orders. Its sad to see and I'm not being blithe. Its highly discouraging to see grown adults in the 21st century being led on strings so blatantly and so willingly accepting.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Politely, you are simply incorrect.
    No I am not. The fact is the nature of the candidate has nothing to do with the difficulty and possibilities of the election.

McCain and Romney were superior candidates to Trump, Hillary Clinton was a superior candidate to Al Gore, and yet they lost.

McCain and Romney lost fair and square to Obama landslides.

What did Democrats make of it?
    Well a lot more than if Trump won and the Dems had the House and Senate. If you can't give me an answer contrary to my point that is a Biden Presidency or a Dem WH > to a Trump WH with a Dem Senate and Dem House, then I don't see any reason for real doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    This. And here we are with a far closer election that we should have.
    A close EC race, during a Pandemic with vote suppression in FL and gerrymandering. The popular vote margin is already exceeding HRC's and will grow longer...in other words, in pop. vote terms this would be a crushing landslide.

A historically bad president, and the former VP of a wildly popular president. Close race...
    The former VP of a wildly popular president who's gonna take the WH as opposed to Al Gore and with a much wider margin in the popular vote than Gore (who let's face it, SCOTUS shenanigan-victims aside, wasn't a very good candidate).

I know a lot of people on here don't like 30's takes, but they're not wrong here.
    It's irrelevant if one cannot even pretend that Bernie Sanders would have made it as far as Smokin' Joe has.

A lot of politically left people don't like the Democratic party, and the Democratic Party seem to have no answer for that, and it costs them.
    Ultimately the job of a left-wing liberal party is to protect people from the right-wing. That comes first before any other policy agenda. The job of the Democrat party is to protect the world from the Republicans (it's the job of Sanders and others to protect the Dems from itself, and other people from the Dems). Biden in the WH can do that far more than the Dems in the Senate and House can do against a Trump WH.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 11-04-2020 at 03:42 PM.