Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The weak running with their marching orders. Its sad to see and I'm not being blithe. Its highly discouraging to see grown adults in the 21st century being led on strings so blatantly and so willingly accepting.
    The true patriots, standing up against the democracy the country they love so much is built on.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well a lot more than if Trump won and the Dems had the House and Senate.
    I haven't seen anyone make this argument. I've seen you bring it up repeatedly with a "pick either, but not both" ultimatum, but I haven't seen anyone arguing the other side. Like, did I miss why you keep bringing this up?

It's irrelevant if one cannot even pretend that Bernie Sanders would have made it as far as Smokin' Joe has.
    It's not irrelevant. Even a broken clock etc...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I haven't seen anyone make this argument. I've seen you bring it up repeatedly with a "pick either, but not both" ultimatum, but I haven't seen anyone arguing the other side. Like, did I miss why you keep bringing this up?
    Because the point is the equation could have landed that way too, right? A trifecta needs three things, a moving goal, without one the other two won't work.

It's sad that the EC election didn't settle early in Florida and Texas yes, but compared to last night where it looked like Biden could lose it all, which would have been worse...I think people should take what you get.

Obviously without the Senate, the can is kicked down the road for DC and Puerto Rico Statehood, Court-Packing, Judicial Review and Reform and a lot of meaningful legislation. I expect McConnell to go into his turtle shell and obstruct Biden's appointments and so on. Yet at the same time despite that Biden would be able to get stuff done that is meaningful in the short term.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The weak running with their marching orders. Its sad to see and I'm not being blithe. Its highly discouraging to see grown adults in the 21st century being led on strings so blatantly and so willingly accepting.
    The terror of facing a reality where you’re in the wrong, unrighteous in your motives and actions, prostrated before weak and imbecilic leadership willing to betray and backstab everyone in preservation of itself, is a hard thing for anyone to do.

It requires a critical introspection, and a willingness to turn that criticism on those you admire and love as well, and face the ugly, unflattering side of yourself and your kith and kin.

That’s why discussions about politics are more vicious right now between friends and family than before. Most people are capable of understanding, on some level, how pathetic and horrible they and the ones they love can be, and the fear of confrontation with that, and of the denial of it, adds an explosive chemistry to what would once have been more sedate differences.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Declaring that the states STILL counting votes were now his, despite the count leaning more and more towards Biden.
    I wish I could say that I was surprised.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

That was beautiful.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Trump has a <30,000 vote lead in GA now with 50% of ATL in!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Because the point is the equation could have landed that way too, right? A trifecta needs three things, a moving goal, without one the other two won't work.

It's sad that the EC election didn't settle early in Florida and Texas yes, but compared to last night where it looked like Biden could lose it all, which would have been worse...I think people should take what you get.
    I haven’t seen anybody suggesting we turn down a Biden win... like I said, you seem to be making arguments against things no one said.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trump has a <30,000 vote lead in GA now with 50% of ATL in!
    Is that good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Twitter already took his crap down.
    Should we start wondering at what point Twitter blocks his account? Like over the next few weeks, Trump's going to escalate in rage until he calls for violence. Subtle, at first, and then overt.

It's gonna happen, right?

*please please please*
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Is that good or bad?
    OH THAT IS GOOD.

Atlanta is all the blue votes in Georgia. Hard. It's the most Democratic area of the state, by a HUGE margin. And it's 5.8 million people.

Quick math:

Let's say only 40% of Atlanta voted...

Like, 2.2 million people.

If half of those haven't been counted... that's still 1.1 million votes.

That lean heavily Democratic.

Translation: Biden probably won Georgia, too.

It would be wrong of me to not salute Stacey Abrams right now.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i made this analogy to a friend who wasn't gonna vote because she didn't like either choice.

imagine you are at a five star sushi restaurant run by masahara morimoto, one of the best japanese chefs in the world. you order some fugu but morimoto isn't there to cut it up properly. so you have two choices: gordon ramsey or kanye west.

now you might not like ramsey but at least he has some experience with this type of food, at least enough to not get you killed.

but with kanye, you have a guy who has never prepped sushi before, let alone fugu of all things. so having him make it for you is a death sentence.

that is just like this election: you may not like either guy but you'd be better off going with the guy who has some experience in this matter.

Really proud of my hometown, and it makes my vote feel like it mattered.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Should we start wondering at what point Twitter blocks his account? Like over the next few weeks, Trump's going to escalate in rage until he calls for violence. Subtle, at first, and then overt.

It's gonna happen, right?

*please please please*
    Inauguration day or whenever NY puts handcuffs on him
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!