More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Looks like Nevada might end up being this election's Batman.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    The one state that the future of American Democracy rests on.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    OH THAT IS GOOD.

Atlanta is all the blue votes in Georgia. Hard. It's the most Democratic area of the state, by a HUGE margin. And it's 5.8 million people.

Quick math:

Let's say only 40% of Atlanta voted...

Like, 2.2 million people.

If half of those haven't been counted... that's still 1.1 million votes.

That lean heavily Democratic.

Translation: Biden probably won Georgia, too.

It would be wrong of me to not salute Stacey Abrams right now.
    I wonder if Abrams will send a telegram to the effect of, "I beg to present you as a Halloween gift, the city of Atlanta" (https://slate.com/human-interest/201...president.html)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Which Batman?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trump has a <30,000 vote lead in GA now with 50% of ATL in!
    I think biden has 264 electorate votes. 7 away, 7 away. make it so

Well, Oberweis is claiming that there is no way that the outstanding ballots will lead to anything except a win for him.

Don't like that one bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I think biden has 264 electorate votes. 7 away, 7 away. make it so
    Yep, AP Tracker just gave him Michigan. He's 264. With Nevada's presumed 6, he's won already.

Pennsylvania will give him insurance against faithless electors (a single faithless elector is all it takes for the election to go the House in a contingent election where it favors Trump). Georgia and/or NC, if it happens, might help with the senate, who knows.

But I feel confident for the first time, that Diamond Joe has this.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Because the point is the equation could have landed that way too, right? A trifecta needs three things, a moving goal, without one the other two won't work.

It's sad that the EC election didn't settle early in Florida and Texas yes, but compared to last night where it looked like Biden could lose it all, which would have been worse...I think people should take what you get.

Obviously without the Senate, the can is kicked down the road for DC and Puerto Rico Statehood, Court-Packing, Judicial Review and Reform and a lot of meaningful legislation. I expect McConnell to go into his turtle shell and obstruct Biden's appointments and so on. Yet at the same time despite that Biden would be able to get stuff done that is meaningful in the short term.
    No one has said that he will get nothing done.

On the other hand?

You've got people going on about Biden being anything other than lucky when everything about last night looked like the beginning of The Wild Bunch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    No one has said that he will get nothing done.

On the other hand?

You've got people going on about Biden being anything other than lucky when everything about last night looked like the beginning of The Wild Bunch.
    Well the Wild Bunch ultimately all died in the end, while the town they raided at the start was left standing ready to rebuild again.

Well the Wild Bunch ultimately all died in the end, while the town they raided at the start was left standing ready to rebuild again.
    Politely, you've got that one wrong.

The Democratic Party is The Wild Bunch.

Did they just manage to get out of nearly being killed?

Sure.

That's not one to celebrate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, you've got that one wrong.
    It's a movie used as a metaphor or in this case an allegory. There's more than one way to interpret it you know, nothing right or wrong there.

Anyway.

Yep, AP Tracker just gave him Michigan. He's 264. With Nevada's presumed 6, he's won already.

Pennsylvania will give him insurance against faithless electors (a single faithless elector is all it takes for the election to go the House in a contingent election where it favors Trump). Georgia and/or NC, if it happens, might help with the senate, who knows.

But I feel confident for the first time, that Diamond Joe has this.
    Smokin'. Joe. Biden. Has won this fight.

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Which Batman?
    If we're thinking about Trump, right when Bane is about to snap his back in Knightfall.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    If we're thinking about Trump, right when Bane is about to snap his back in Knightfall.
    I think the time when Batman lost badly against Swamp Thing in Alan Moore's run, more apropos given how much Trump hates the environment.

Alan Moore v. Swamp Thing.jpg

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Again, I don't think anyone should take this as a glowing review of the Democratic Party. They got no ground gained in Congress and if Biden holds on to win (which I think he will but it's still not a guarantee), then it's going to be by the skin of his teeth.

Something that flew mostly under the radar is that most of the areas in the US hit hardest by Covid-19 were emphatically pro-Trump with the election results. That should tell us how the US feels about the pandemic and how it's being handled.

I'm not saying Democrats should lose a ton of sleep over it, mind you. But they shouldn't take this as the ultimate victory either. There is still clearly a substantial portion of the US who don't connect with left-wing ideology. Had the pandemic not have happened there's no question in my mind Trump would have won.