Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    But without the electoral college, states like Nevada, Arizona, Wisconsin, and Michigan wouldn't matter in the election. It would always be about New York, California, and Florida. The electoral college keeps the smaller states relevant.
    That's rather assuming the voter base for those states is monolithic, which they're most definitely not.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I also must point out that despite the willingness to declare this election by some of those on this thread, there is still a possibility Trump wins.

Biden is up by less than 8000 votes in Nevada with 25% still needing to be tallied. While the presumption is that the untallied votes will lean towards Biden, that's based on polling which everyone here generally admits is flawed at best and outright unreliable at worst.

Also, while Georgia, NC, and Pennsylvania are still undeclared, Trump is ahead in those states by TENS of thousands of votes.

This race hinges on Nevada, so how confident you feel about this election is based on how you feel about that 25% needing to be counted.

In fact, here's an article which proves my point about polling:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-the-p...234138787.html
    Last edited by kingaliencracker; 11-04-2020 at 06:19 PM.

I also must point out that despite the willingness to declare this election by some of those on this thread, there is still a possibility Trump wins.

Biden is up by less than 8000 votes in Nevada with 25% still needing to be tallied. While the presumption is that the untallied votes will lean towards Biden, that's based on polling which everyone here generally admits is flawed at best and outright unreliable at worst.

Also, while Georgia, NC, and Pennsylvania are still undeclared, Trump is ahead in those states by TENS of thousands of votes.

This race hinges on Nevada, so how confident you feel about this election is based on how you feel about that 25% needing to be counted.

Most of the votes in Georgia and Pennsylvania are from hard blue major cities. And since the counting, Biden's numbers in Pennsylvania has skyrocketed while Trump's has barely increased. Georgia, while not as major, is in a similar situation.

And Trump has demanded they stop counting votes.

In PA he is up by Tens of Thousands. As opposed to earlier today when he was up by over what 400,000? Even he knows the votes in Pa are not going to go for him. Why else is he suing to stop the count?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    In PA he is up by Tens of Thousands. As opposed to earlier today when he was up by over what 400,000? Even he knows the votes in Pa are not going to go for him. Why else is he suing to stop the count?
    It's that bolded part that has me convinced more than anything else.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Again, your confidence in declaring Biden the winner is contingent on how must you trust the polling, which has been substantially off in two consecutive presidential elections.

I believe Biden will win ultimately, and I predicted this outcome more or less elsewhere. But I would say hold of on the champagne until Nevada announces its final tallies and we see how far those gaps close in the remaining three states.

And he's suing to stop the count because he wants to declare himself a winner. The presidency has never been about anything other than him saying he's a winner, plain and simple.

Again, your confidence in declaring Biden the winner is contingent on how must you trust the polling, which has been substantially off in two consecutive presidential elections.

I believe Biden will win ultimately, and I predicted this outcome more or less elsewhere. But I would say hold of on the champagne until Nevada announces its final tallies and we see how far those gaps close in the remaining three states.

And he's suing to stop the count because he wants to declare himself a winner. The presidency has never been about anything other than him saying he's a winner, plain and simple.
    Im not going by polling. if you followed my past posts you will see I dont give a damn about polls and question them.

I am going by the fact that he was up by over 400,000 and now does not have a huge lead. I am looking at the way the count has been going all day. I think yes he loses Pa. I am not delcaring him the winner yet but based on what has happened today I am sure he will take it.

He is suing to declare himself the winner because he has a very real fear he will lose when all the votes are counted. if he thought he had half a chance he would let legally cast votes be counted.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

The Presidency does mean important stuff to Trump...he gets protection from debt and other fraud, he's bankrupt as hell, his businesses took a hit because of racism and pandemic, he's siphoned money from the presidency to his businesses by means of selling access, forcing SS and others to pay when he vacations in Trump private businesses, charges for $3 water bottles and so on.

The sad part is that even after completing his first term, Trump is legally entitled to a pension of $219,200 per year courtesy of the Former Presidents Act. Not at all enough in terms of paying off his huge $400million odd debts that the NYT reported on of course, and chump change by his standards.

Again, your confidence in declaring Biden the winner is contingent on how must you trust the polling...
    This isn't optimism, or looking at pre-election polls. This It's understanding that the remaining votes are coming from Democratic places, and by methods of voting preferred by Democrats.

Trump's lead in Georgia is only 20K now, with 5% of the vote from Democratic places left to count.
    In Pennsylvania, the margin has dropped to 195K, with 12% of the vote in a heavily populated state, with heavily Democratic places left to count.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    This isn't optimism, or looking at pre-election polls. This It's understanding that the remaining votes are coming from Democratic places, and by methods of voting preferred by Democrats.

Trump's lead in Georgia is only 20K now, with 5% of the vote from Democratic places left to count.
    In Pennsylvania, the margin has dropped to 195K, with 12% of the vote in a heavily populated state, with heavily Democratic places left to count.
    Again, we'll see. I hope everyone is still celebrate come Friday...

We wont be celebrating Friday. it will be a few days before we have a final count. And even longer before a winner is declared because Trump is going to sue and go to cuort over this. Trump very much may still win PA. but it will take the courts to make that happen I think.

We will.

Joe Biden has won this fight.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

We wont be celebrating Friday. it will be a few days before we have a final count. And even longer before a winner is declared because Trump is going to sue and go to cuort over this. Trump very much may still win PA. but it will take the courts to make that happen I think.
    Nevada will be announced tomorrow morning. If it stays with Biden he'll declare himself the winner. I think there will be room to celebrate at that point regardless of what Trump tries to do legally to denounce the election results.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Victoria Spartz will be representing Indiana's 5th Congressional District.

I'm now going to try and do what I can get done before March 2021 to help remove all of the current Indiana Democratic leadership. We are lifeless and outdated, and in dire need of a new direction. Hell, we LOST seats at the state house level! And we barely have any of those.

Nevada will be announced tomorrow morning. If it stays with Biden he'll declare himself the winner. I think there will be room to celebrate at that point regardless of what Trump tries to do legally to denounce the election results.
    To be honest I am not going to really celebrate until after Biden is sworn in. The GOP has deep pockets. Lots of legal fights coming that will end in a supreme court that is controlled by the GOP and three members of which were licked by Trump.