Ultimate Member

My understanding is that Nevada has finished counting in-person voting. What’s left is the mail-ins.

I guess that’s why Biden’s camp is so confident about that state.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    It amazes me how many Republicans, and long standing ones to boot, truly dislike Trump. He's not even popular with his own party.
    Come on...

Outside of a couple of the real rodeo clowns?

Republicans have been waiting to put the boots to Trump for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Maybe so, but that meant jack in the general election when she lost to Trump and we ended up in this hellscape. To me, this Third-wave ideology is proving less effective over time.
    You can't win one without the other tho. Gotta win the primary first.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Thank you Mets!

I needed a good laugh.
    That's gold no matter where someone stands.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

I wonder if anyone in the GOP truly like each other. Do oligarchs have human feelings?

Ultimate Member

Looking ahead, I don’t think Kamala Harris had the impact the Democrats wanted with black people.

Going through black media and it seems that she might have actually hurt Biden because of her reputation. It’s clear that just having so and so on the ticket won’t automatically bring votes, deliberate effort needs to be made to connect with minority communities.

That’s going to be a challenge for the Democrats if Biden wins and can’t run for a second term.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I just missed the announcement but it sounded like Nevada said they will be done with all ballots 10AM tomorrow.
    That’s what I read earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Looking ahead, I don’t think Kamala Harris had the impact the Democrats wanted with black people.

Going through black media and it seems that she might have actually hurt Biden because of her reputation. It’s clear that just having so and so on the ticket won’t automatically bring votes, deliberate effort needs to be made to connect with minority communities.

That’s going to be a challenge for the Democrats if Biden wins and can’t run for a second term.

Biden is about to win /Georgia/ on the strength of black voters. Black voters turned out for Biden. I don't think we can discount Kamala for that, but I think it's important to recognize there is little more hated in america than a black woman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    You can't win one without the other tho. Gotta win the primary first.
    Sure, but maybe its time to rethink what kind of politician would be the best on the national stage, the Dems have been on the backfoot since 2016, perhaps its time to change tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Biden is about to win /Georgia/ on the strength of black voters. Black voters turned out for Biden. I don't think we can discount Kamala for that, but I think it's important to recognize there is little more hated in america than a black woman.
    Trump did better with the black community this time.

https://www.vox.com/2020/11/4/215379...ers-exit-polls

Time to change the playbook.

I honestly can't think of anything besides putting Michelle Obama on the ticket that would super charge Black turn out. lol There rarely is a simple trick with constituencies of any type.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I wonder if anyone in the GOP truly like each other. Do oligarchs have human feelings?
    Lol!

Well, they loved Reagan and Bush...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Come on...

Outside of a couple of the real rodeo clowns?

Republicans have been waiting to put the boots to Trump for a while.
    The base still loves him, but someone like McConnell? He's bled that cow enough, Mitch knows he may be liability long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Like how Kim Klacik didn't have anywhere near the impact that Republicans wanted her to have with black people in Baltimore.

I really wish they wouldn't dangle black people in front of our faces and go "Look. They're one of you! LOVE THEM!". I don't know too many black people (myself included) who were psyched to see Harris running for President and they're only psyched to see her as VP because she's stapled to the only guy who has a shot at beating Trump. A guy that people also aren't too big on but....you know. We'll take what we can get at this point.
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-04-2020 at 09:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Sure, but maybe its time to rethink what kind of politician would be the best on the national stage, the Dems have been on the backfoot since 2016, perhaps its time to change tactics.
    It definitely is. The left needs to run candidates who don't do things like alienate the Black voting bloc, self own themselves by attaching themselves to left wing dictators by choice, implode when they're the front runner, deliberately aim for a 30% ceiling to win the Democratic primaries and have people like Briahna Joy Gray as their press secretary.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

I think what's possibly lost in the discourse is the fact that while Biden may have gotten the most votes ever for a candidate, more people came out to vote for Trump this time compared to 2016, as well. Just as much people were motivated by wanting to see change, people were also motivated to ensure things stayed the same.