Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The true morality play of this election!

Trump murdered a guy from his own party who won a State Legislature.

What a mess. A dead candidate on the ballot who carried through, and it's not some incident in some SNL satire or a Mencken or Twain satire.

So what happens to his votes? Does it go to the other guy, does it get discounted?
    Either the GOP appoints a replacement, or a special election happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    No, we aren't. We're fucking tired of this ****. We're tired of the lack of progress. We're tired of being forced to live our lives by the laws of a religion we don't practice. Women are tired of old white men telling them what they can and cannot do with their own bodies. We're tired of being the only developed nation without medicare for all. We're tired of endless, senseless gun violence. We're tired of children... CHILDREN having to have active shooter training in schools. We're tired of not having clean drinking water. We're tired of starving children. Corporations that don't pay taxes. Rich men who don't pay their taxes. Student debt you can't work your way out of. Education as privilege. Arguing for basic civil rights. Dying in the streets. Preexisting conditions. Gerrymandering. Voter suppression. The fucking list goes on.

We are tired of the people standing in the way of fixing these issues. We do not welcome people who want to hold our lives back, and would rather see us sick, stupid or dead.
    I under stand all of this. But saying it is bad when one side does it does not mean it is okay when you do it. i understand the anger. But attaching a former Republican when they are activly trying to learn about your party and want to vote for you guy and join your party.

In my case I was raised by Republicans. Thats all I knew. Why should I or any former Republican be punished for admitting a mistake and trying to change.

With Biden and the crime bill. All the Dems said he made a mistake and is working to fix it. Why does the same not apply for former Republicans who want to move to the Democratic party? If they moved away from the party and want to join your party they are no longer standing in your way. Why not try and let them join?
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-05-2020 at 04:10 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I under stand all of this. But saying it is bad when one side does it does not mean it is okay when you do it. i understand the anger. But attaching a former Republican when they are activly trying to learn about your party and want to vote for you guy and join your party.

In my case I was raised by Republicans. Thats all I knew. Why should I or any former Republican be punished for admitting a mistake and trying to change.

With Biden and the crime bill. All the Dems said he made a mistake and is working to fix it. Wy does the same not apply for former Republicans who want to move to the Democratic party?
    i believe anyone has the power to change. if you voted for trump and switch over because you can't stand by his BS? you have my support.

in my view, you are only punished for mistakes if you keep making them.

What happened to you is shitty, and shouldn't happen. We don't treat you that way on here, I don't think. I hope.

I don't know why they acted that way. If you're trying to come over to the better side of progress, I don't see the problem. We've all made mistakes, the important thing is that you've learned from them and don't repeat them. Right? I don't know why they treated you that way, except that there's shitty people everywhere. On every side.

Ultimate Member

Im not saying anyone is obliged to be nice to me. I never said that. I was just pointing out that some (Not all) of the Democrats are hateful towards Those they see as opponents as well. They are not the understanding welcoming bunch that you made them out to be. I think it is foolish to ask someone to leave when they are there to learn more about your platform and want to be part of your party. that is a good way to alienate people in a hurry and is a very Republican thing to do.

And I think it would be a good move to recruit former Republicans and former Trump voters like myself. If Dems really want to chip away at the party why not welcome people who have or are thinking of leaving it and looking for a new direction.

If they are hostile to those who were at one point not on their side but want to be now wouldnt that just push the former Republicans back into that camp and make them even more hard core if they saw the other party see them as the enemy despite what they say in public?
    Most do that. Like with anything there is a set that is extreme.

And how would one expect the so-called left to be welcoming at times when they have seen the right VILIFY folks left and right.

Breona Tayler DEFENDS her home and the left said she deserved to be killed for shooting at the cops (who she did not know it was them). A LEGAL gun owner.
    Kyle Rittenhouse goes across state lines and kills someone over property he does not OWN. The Left defends him.
    Amber Guyger kills someone in a house. The Left DEFENDS her right to kill him in HER house. It was HIS house.
    How many killer white guys have the LEFT defended? Yet will tell you Trayvon, Tamir Rice & Jordan Davis were threats. Who did they kill?

See the NASTY side of the left ends up hurting folks like babyblob and themaninblack. Who you can reason with.

The extreme on both sides can't be reasoned with.

I will answer you and Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i believe anyone has the power to change. if you voted for trump and switch over because you can't stand by his BS? you have my support.

in my view, you are only punished for mistakes if you keep making them.
    I was raised Republican like I said. I was born and raised in Ky where Mitch is the greatest statesmen of all time. There was some time before Trump I started to question things. But Trump and others really ade me want to start learn more then just what I was told by my family and Fox News. What I learned really upset me as I started to see what the modern party was really about. The history the last few decades. This is what made me leave.

I think there is a difference between people who legit leave the party for good. As opposed to those who are Republicans in 2020 who vote against Trump but still back people like Mitch and Graham. and are going right back to the party. I can see why people would be upset at them because they dont really care about trying to leave or change the party. I am mostly a Dem now but there are still a few Conservative things I believe in that I will not get into now.

I do believe everyone is equal regardless of race, sex, gender identity, or sexuality. I never understood racism/homophobia and it upsets me greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    What happened to you is shitty, and shouldn't happen. We don't treat you that way on here, I don't think. I hope.

I don't know why they acted that way. If you're trying to come over to the better side of progress, I don't see the problem. We've all made mistakes, the important thing is that you've learned from them and don't repeat them. Right? I don't know why they treated you that way, except that there's shitty people everywhere. On every side.
    As I said a couple posts ago. This kind of thing has never happened here. Everyone has been pretty kind and have answered any question I have had. Even asked some of me and have not bashed me if they did not agree with my answers. I am thankful for this site as I love talking comics and I am thankful for this thread as it gives me a chance to talk politics with someone other then my Trumper Aunt and her friends.

Special shoutout to WBE for his posts that have helped me learn alot. We dont always have the same views but I respect him for not being a jerk when presenting his views. Same goes to Tami who is always posting great links.

I like that every one on here shows passion and are not petty and cruel.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Most do that. Like with anything there is a set that is extreme.

And how would one expect the so-called left to be welcoming at times when they have seen the right VILIFY folks left and right.

Breona Tayler DEFENDS her home and the left said she deserved to be killed for shooting at the cops (who she did not know it was them). A LEGAL gun owner.
    Kyle Rittenhouse goes across state lines and kills someone over property he does not OWN. The Left defends him.
    Amber Guyger kills someone in a house. The Left DEFENDS her right to kill him in HER house. It was HIS house.
    How many killer white guys have the LEFT defended? Yet will tell you Trayvon, Tamir Rice & Jordan Davis were threats. Who did they kill?

See the NASTY side of the left ends up hurting folks like babyblob and themaninblack. Who you can reason with.

The extreme on both sides can't be reasoned with.
    Like I said I do understand the anger. The way the right acts and the things they do and explain away as okay is the reason I left the party. The fact that Rittenhouse is a hero to the GOP is beyond explainable. The fact Trump talks fondly of the Proud Boys is so far away from okay. the fact they cheer when nut jobs plot to kidnap and murder a governor is treason nothing else.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I was raised Republican like I said. I was born and raised in Ky where Mitch is the greatest statesmen of all time. There was some time before Trump I started to question things. But Trump and others really ade me want to start learn more then just what I was told by my family and Fox News. What I learned really upset me as I started to see what the modern party was really about. The history the last few decades. This is what made me leave.

I think there is a difference between people who legit leave the party for good. As opposed to those who are Republicans in 2020 who vote against Trump but still back people like Mitch and Graham. and are going right back to the party. I can see why people would be upset at them because they dont really care about trying to leave or change the party. I am mostly a Dem now but there are still a few Conservative things I believe in that I will not get into now.

I do believe everyone is equal regardless of race, sex, gender identity, or sexuality. I never understood racism/homophobia and it upsets me greatly.

As I said a couple posts ago. This kind of thing has never happened here. Everyone has been pretty kind and have answered any question I have had. Even asked some of me and have not bashed me if they did not agree with my answers. I am thankful for this site as I love talking comics and I am thankful for this thread as it gives me a chance to talk politics with someone other then my Trumper Aunt and her friends.

Special shoutout to WBE for his posts that have helped me learn alot. We dont always have the same views but I respect him for not being a jerk when presenting his views. Same goes to Tami who is always posting great links.

I like that every one on here shows passion and are not petty and cruel.
    and i will say this: i'm proud of you for standing your ground and changing for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and i will say this: i'm proud of you for standing your ground and changing for the better.
    Thank you Like I said everyone here is pretty great!

... thank you?

Like, legitimately, thank you. It took me like a post or two before I knew a bit more about your backstory, and the situation with your family (particularly your aunt), but you're kind of stepping away from what you were taught. Not everyone is capable of thinking for themselves, and growing out of who they were.

Hell, I've had some more enlightened views about gender politics, LGBTQ issues and "ethnic jokes" from how I was raised. I know I've got distant family I've broken away from who are linked to hate groups. And I don't lose any sleep over it.

So... thank you for listening.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Ok I can't bear to watch much of this Trump speech but how the actual F*** did almost 70 million people think yep 4 more years of this clown?

I think it is the funniest thing in the world that NBC news stopped showing Trumps speech in the middle so they could point out all the things he is lying about. I just laughed so hard at that.

@WBE your posts on republicans have helped me learn a lot. The one on Mitch who is a god in the Ky area I grew up in and with my family was very eye opening because there were many things I did not know.

your posts and Tamis are great because I dont know where to go to look at these things. There are many other people who post great links as well.

It is great you have become more enlightened. It is a credit to humanity aas a whole that we are for the most part able to learn and evolve and it makes me sad that many do not.

So...I dare to say that after all this the reputation of third parties is gonna be even lower.

This guy is like George Costanza. Its over so why not go out in just a giant flaming ball of loser.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El