Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Haven't had time to look over the Senate results. I'm sure votes are still being counted, but is there any potential for Democrats to take it or for neither side to wind up with the 51-seat majority?
    51 seats is impossible for the democrats.

But Perdue and Ossoff is likely going to a run-off. So that could be an additional pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I heard the Trumps are basically bullying other republicans to support Donald or be disowned from the party like WHAT? Is this a cult?
    You sure have you not been paying attention!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    51 seats is impossible for the democrats.

But Perdue and Ossoff is likely going to a run-off. So that could be an additional pick up.
    If the Democrats do manage to secure 50 seats + VP tiebreaker, they need to just treat that as an unconditional mandate, nuke the filibuster, and go about passing their entire agenda without any regard for what the Republicans have to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    You sure have you not been paying attention!
    LOL I have but I didn't think it was to that extreme. I thought there were at least some rational republicans would speak out. Disowning republicans who won't fall in line with the voter fraud narrative is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think the GOP will be in panic mode after this. They are going to have the duel problem of trying to distance themselves from Trump while at the same time trying to keep his hardcore followers happy so they come out to vote for other GOp in the 2022 midterms. I dont know who they would even think of running in 2024 because they backed Trump so hard they havnt even looked past him or at the possibility that he would lose to Biden.

One thing I am getting a huge kick out of is all The Trumpers bitching about Voter supression and talking about how their votes dont count and it is not fair that a whole group would not be aloowed to vote or have their votes not count just because of who they are and where they were cast.

While at the same time being happy with the idea and fighting for thousands of legal votes to be thrown out. My aunt donated 100 bucks to Trumps legal fund this morning. Sigh.
    The GOP kept the Senate (unless Democrats really over perform in Georgia runoffs), gained seats in the House and lost no state legislatures. Plus they're favored in off-year elections and the midterms. And while the presidential election showed an expanded map for Democrats, it showed the Trump 16 states and Nevada are still in play. There isn't much need to panic.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    If the Democrats do manage to secure 50 seats + VP tiebreaker, they need to just treat that as an unconditional mandate, nuke the filibuster, and go about passing their entire agenda without any regard for what the Republicans have to say about it.
    If this and Scottish independence happen within the next 4 years, I could die happy.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That and Stacey Abrams decided to cook a really cold meal to "make a present of Georgia" to Biden. We cannot underestimate righteous cold determined fury, razor sharp intelligence, and the spirit of (southern drawl-type), "good ol'fashioned revenge".
    Her payback is going to be payed off with interest too, registering almost a million new voters and being on the ground with a massive new voting block. It may be a narrow win today, but if she's not the governor after the next election I'll be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This.

How many states is Trump going to file lawsuits in?

He should just save his money and make the call to Biden.
    He's definitely not going to spend HIS money, so I doubt he cares.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Plus they're favored in off-year elections and the midterms.
    No they aren't favored, not inherently. 22 GOP Senate Seats and 10 Democrat Seats are in play in 2022. 2024 is even more open. Their senate margin is narrower than before.

GOP have gotten an extension that's all. But they are back to the precarious position they've been, a minority oligarchy pushing a policy deeply unrepresentative and unpopular across the board, kept apace by gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Sure GOP redistricting will commence but it won't go the way it did in 2010. Many states they redistricted pushed for and got fair allocation of districting.

There isn't much need to panic.
    The GOP are always in a state of panic, they just put a mask hiding it it's all. If you didn't panic, you wouldn't have Trump as a nominee. You wouldn't have backed a one-term loser who lost the popular vote both times by whopping big margins.

To everyone else:

The GOP, make no mistake is a deeply vulnerable party. Do not be fooled by their turnout this year. That was down entirely to Ginsburg's death. McConnell's not some genius, just a cunning old buzzard. He made a smart play by pushing SCOTUS over Stimulus, but he also lost AZ. He was the one in 2018 who insisted the Governor put McSally to take McCain's seat after she lost an election to Sinema. Then McSally decided to contest the election rather than accept being a placeholder, and now an astronaut has taken McCain's seat.

48 seats with Mark Kelly defeating McSally. Hey hey, Spaceman!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Polling model xD xD xD
    Thoughts and prayers to all the people having to keep their day jobs.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

One thing I will say is the Lincoln Project was a complete failure. Trump did better in Republican turnout and the Congressional Republicans over performed.

So the myth of the moderate Republican who will see reason is still a unicorn that nobody has ever actually seen

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    One thing I will say is the Lincoln Project was a complete failure. Trump did better in Republican turnout and the Congressional Republicans over performed.

So the myth of the moderate Republican who will see reason is still a unicorn that nobody has ever actually seen
    Probably better that way than having 'moderate' Republicans acting as a 5th column after sleazing their way into the Democratic Party.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post

Moderate Republicans played a vital role against Trump and the GOP in this election, this is why Biden is matching Trump head to head in conservative states like Arizona and Georgia. Trump not being destroyed completely is not proof Biden failed with this tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski
    Probably better that way than having 'moderate' Republicans acting as a 5th column after sleazing their way into the Democratic Party.
    But they're reluctant temporary allies, not a new wing of the Democratic party. When this election is over the truce ends.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 11-06-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Trump has admitted that losing to Biden to him would be like personal humiliation and he says losing isn't easy for him. Which is why he is going to drag this out and whine, fight legal battles like a kid. That along should tell folks he isn't someone who should be president if he can't take an L with grace and dignity. Let Barrack Obama had pull some foolishness like this or refuse to leave the white house when Trump won. Fox News and everyone else defending Trump with this nonsense about voter fraud.