If I remember correctly, the SS won't change protective measures until the loser concedes.

IF the loser does not concede, the SS waits for the EC to convene and select the winner.

That took till December back in 2000.

So there won't be a "GET OFF MY LAWN!" moment that some people are wishing for.

The SS will be transferred to Biden when Trump concedes or the EC selects a winner.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    So in all seriousness is no one else worried about the possibility of a civil war?
    From who????

From Trump folks? Sorry folks are ready for them.

They tried TWICE to start mess in the black community of Dallas. TWICE unarmed Black men chased them out.

They did not have to fight or bring weapons-they yelled at those folks to leave-who came in cars and probably armed. The men stood their ground and the Trump folks RAN (and one wrecked his truck trying to get away).

Now guys like Kyle Rittenhouse-maybe. Although I think folks would put hands on him in a minute and if he does get to a court trial-the line starts to the left of folks ready to tss him in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Bad news WBE, a familiar face is returning. Looks like Darrell Isa is going to take over Duncan Hunter's old seat. :/
    I've been keeping a close eye on several races. I literally ran down the entire list of people I've profiled (Yes, all 935) to see if they won or lost on Tuesday... The counts are still coming in slow on a lot of House races. So I'm still waiting for final word on a lot of these folks. There is a lot of frustrating news... but some sighs of relief, as well.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Georgia is no stranger to blowing impressive leads.

Trump just went full Falcons on that lead with the new count.
    Georgia is pretty much where the South finally lost the Civil War, thanks to Tecumseh Sherman's "scorched Earth" tactics when he marched from Atlanta to Savannah, destroying farms, railroads, and telegraph poles. Atlanta is the only city in the United States to lose two professional teams to Canada. World Championship Wrestling went from the top of cable television to out of business in just over two years. And let's not forget the University of Georgia's failings.

Sure I could talk about the positives of Georgia, such as John Heisman leading Georgia Tech in the 1920s, and the Atlanta Chiefs upsetting arguably the most dominant football club in the world in Manchester City back in the late 1960s, but screwing up leads is a Georgia institution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This perfectly sums up how I feel about this election.

We Were Wrong About America
    This kinda goes right along with what SquirrelMan was talking about. Americans are inundated with misinformation and hateful rhetoric nonstop on social media by countless bots and actual humans. Trump the tumor has been removed but the illness is still very present. America is not cured. Russia, China, and right wing media are going to continue their massive campaign of division and misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Georgia is pretty much where the South finally lost the Civil War, thanks to Tecumseh Sherman's "scorched Earth" tactics when he marched from Atlanta to Savannah, destroying farms, railroads, and telegraph poles. Atlanta is the only city in the United States to lose two professional teams to Canada. World Championship Wrestling went from the top of cable television to out of business in just over two years. And let's not forget the University of Georgia's failings.

Sure I could talk about the positives of Georgia, such as John Heisman leading Georgia Tech in the 1920s, and the Atlanta Chiefs upsetting arguably the most dominant football club in the world in Manchester City back in the late 1960s, but screwing up leads is a Georgia institution.
    My dad is a life long Atlanta Braves fans. He knows all about his team choking in the post season.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-06-2020 at 03:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    There is also the tradition where the outgoing and incoming presidents meet and the outgoing president fills in the new president on a lot of policies and secrets that he needs to know.

There have sometimes been conflicts. Carter allegedly was frustrated with Reagan because he felt Reagan wasn't paying any attention although we know now there was a good reason Reagan couldn't pay attention. But can we even imagine that meeting between Biden and Trump? Biden will feel like he's babysitting a spoiled child and will probably have to have others give him the information Trump skipped or misrepresented. Not to mention the Secret Service having to drag Trump out.
    Remember Biden was VP to Obama and helped the Trump transition team in 2016. He and Pence chatted with each other and so on. So it'll probably be a bit like full circle...

Biden: "This feels familiar, and not just because I used to be VP and so already know this compound like the back of my hand. Four years ago, I schooled you and your peroxide-head minion about how to do this job, and now I am here again schooling you on this job."

For Biden, the transition thing would be a pure formality. He knows the place, knows what a POTUS does, and so on. It's not like Trump has anything to share with him.

When W. and Obama met, apparently one of the things W. insisted Obama take a look at is Pandemic preparation. And I have to say, disaster though that man might have been, and a total failure in crisis management on his watch (9/11, Katrina among others) in terms of Pandemic preparation, Bush was right. There's a tragedy there about a man who foresees a crisis coming in future but unable to handle the crises right before him. Think Tony Stark between AVENGERS 2012-IW, he was right that Thanos was coming but he messed up everything on his watch between them.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 11-06-2020 at 03:38 PM.

For what it’s worth, the Secret Service didn’t make that comment. “Experts” offered what would happen in that scenario when asked.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    From who????

From Trump folks? Sorry folks are ready for them.

They tried TWICE to start mess in the black community of Dallas. TWICE unarmed Black men chased them out.

They did not have to fight or bring weapons-they yelled at those folks to leave-who came in cars and probably armed. The men stood their ground and the Trump folks RAN (and one wrecked his truck trying to get away).

Now guys like Kyle Rittenhouse-maybe. Although I think folks would put hands on him in a minute and if he does get to a court trial-the line starts to the left of folks ready to tss him in prison.
    notice how these folks don't try that shit in the hood. they ain't that stupid.

FWIW, there are also conservatives on Twitter screaming that Trump lost because he wasn't "Mean enough" and that they will run someone "meaner" in 2024 who will "own the libs".

The cruelty is the point.

I should also note that Cassandra Fairbanks, whose thread that is, has pals who are calling for an Alex Jones presidential run and state "white nationalism is patriotism" in some of her RTs, so... she's nice.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Steve Harvey should offer to host Trump's inauguration.

Oh did I say Trump? I meant Biden! I'm so sorry ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    FWIW, there are also conservatives on Twitter screaming that Trump lost because he wasn't "Mean enough" and that they will run someone "meaner" in 2024 who will "own the libs".

The cruelty is the point.

I should also note that Cassandra Fairbanks, whose thread that is, has pals who are calling for an Alex Jones presidential run and state "white nationalism is patriotism" in some of her RTs, so... she's nice.
    Sadly, while I think this is true, Trump was the best fit for that role.

Any more hardline and even the lifelong Rs will begin to recoil.

That might be the legacy of Trumpism ... eradicating the extreme elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    For what it’s worth, the Secret Service didn’t make that comment. “Experts” offered what would happen in that scenario when asked.
    I just saw that. I misquoted what I had heard. Sorry everyone.

It is still very troubling that we have to have thios kind of talk or even think about The SS having to remove a former president who will not leave. The fact that is even a worry is FUBAR
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Steve Harvey should offer to host Trump's inauguration.

Oh did I say Trump? I meant Biden! I'm so sorry ...
    Very Nice
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just saw that. I misquoted what I had heard. Sorry everyone.

It is still very troubling that we have to have thios kind of talk or even think about The SS having to remove a former president who will not leave. The fact that is even a worry is FUBAR
    No worries. We all make mistakes. It's easy to get caught up in the emotion of the moment when you've been under its thumb for so long.

*looks at my election night posts* *whistles*

BANNED

Nothing if not consistent.

Trump lost because he was "too moderate" is a take that I didn't expect on my 2020 Bingo.

I think Tom Cotton will be the POTUS candidate in 2024. He defeated a two-term Democrat in Arkansas (which was Clinton's hometown) so he has a Dem-beater reputation. From his military record, he's a capable soldier even if his political views are noxious and extreme. He'll be a capable candidate but again much depends on how Biden works as a POTUS.