BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    From what I'm getting from Conservatives, the ones that can speak coherently and come out from behind their anger and address what they believe is important, it's somewhat about what they call "law and order" and a lot about religious freedom and abortion.

The first involves their belief that people are treated fairly already or that there are ways to deal with the unfairness that doesn't turn into a riot. Maybe that can be addressed by both sides once the Trump madness fades.

The religious freedom issue is tough. It would involve getting them to admit that they haven't lost any freedoms. I'm an atheist but I believed the stuff I was told when I was a kid. I was a Christian. I tend to tell people that I prayed all the time when I was in school even though prayer in schools was illegal even then. Then I'll say, "Oh, wait. You're talking about prayer led by the school that either forces you to participate or be ostracized if you don't. That's the state enforcing religion. If you want your kids to believe in your religion and pray, get off your lazy @$$es and teach them this stuff yourself and take them to church rather than wanting the school and the state to do it for you. It's especially ironic coming from Republicans who endlessly *say* they want the government to stay out of our lives as much as possible". I'm sure that would go over big with the average Conservative- not. But there may be a better way to present it.

I don't think the last issue, abortion, is reconcilable. They want to legally sanction their religious beliefs. Aside from all the (pardon the pun) misconceptions, they believe it's murder. Granted, most of it is hypocrisy and something to feel self-righteous about, a suppression of women and not even an accurate take on their own holy book. But that's one where they just have to be outright opposed.

https://joycearthur.com/abortion/the...s-my-abortion/
    So the triggers for the large Republican voter turnout is the George Floyd protests and the anti-Police rhetoric and the open unmasking of collusion between Karens and Policeman via that Amy Cooper video which undergirded the entire debate on systemic racism and Black Lives Matter. And the second and big one is Coney Island Baby winning the SCOTUS and being a hair's breadth away from striking Roe v. Wade.

In other news,
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...r&utm_brand=vf

It looks the Secret Service are gonna have some fun to look foward to.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I mean, there are a lot of minor implications of norms that Trump broke. A presidential library might be another one, considering he might be under indictment and unable to see to one being set up after January 2021.

Speaking of, we'll have White House Correspondents' Dinners again.

And the tradition of the previous president being present to hang the portrait of the prior president? Well, the same... I don't know if Trump will be there to be able to see his put up on a White House wall...

But I am realizing that at some point Joe Biden will get to be the one to hang the portrait of his good friend Barack. And that puts a smile on my face.
    Well, they could hang Trumps portrait in one of the bathrooms. Maybe over the toilet paper roll.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Again, agree to disagree.
    No I won't.

Your claims and attacks on Biden is on medical/scientific grounds, and not character or political ones. The burden of proof is on you to make that. Otherwise it's just being insulting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    My reasons are fairly simple. I think Biden is old, and while he’s fought the good fight my logic is that I simply believe the man has declined mentally and I feel it’s better to get someone younger to take over the presidency since I’m not sure a man of his age needs to be President for four more years at 81. I’m not even really insulting him but it seems to me his old age has impeded him and it would best to let someone else younger run for President. I also disagree that he generally speaks and debates well, at least compared to when he was younger. I think in my view he seems fairly tired and almost feels like he doesn’t know where he is at points .Again, agree to disagree.
    Jack's right, he's done his homework here. That said, Biden's a transition president - he expected to do one term then hand the baton off to a successor, which is heavily implied to be Kamala Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    He's also a chicken fucker, so he would definitely fit the bill.

*Clapping GIF*

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The guy is full of ****. Just a couple days ago he gave money to the defense fund. Now he is going on about how Trump is being harmful. I dont think he believes Trump is being harmful or at least he does not care. He gave money to the defense fund when it seemed like the popular thing to with Trump because it seemed like he had a slight chance.

Now he is back tracking that because he sees there is no chance and his other GOP party members are calling Trump out. The only reason he is calling Trump out is so that he can somehow try and remain relevant in his own party. If the others were agreeing with Trump he would be right there with them.
    Agreed. This is the same Lindsey Graham who swore he'd never confirm a new justice to the SCOTUS in 2020.
    We know his word isn't worth ****.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 11-06-2020 at 07:39 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, unless it becomes Federally legal, don't expect Wyoming (and from what I hear, Idaho) to legalize marijuana.
    Our Democratic nominee for AG wanted to legalize marijuana just to bring in business and also to cut down on police hassles (particularly as we have a severe heroin and meth problem in the southern part of Indiana), but he lost, and noted gasbag Todd Rokita won, so don't be surprised if Indiana turns gray within four years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    *Clapping GIF*

Agreed. This is the same Lindsey Graham who swore he'd never confirm a new justice to the SCOTUS in 2020.
    We know his word isn't worth ****.
    The political remora is looking for a new shark to attach itself to.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not sure, but it is mildly encouraging to see Graham take a step back from "Rodeo Clown..." territory.
    Toomey surprised me more than Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The guy is full of ****. Just a couple days ago he gave money to the defense fund. Now he is going on about how Trump is being harmful. I dont think he believes Trump is being harmful or at least he does not care. He gave money to the defense fund when it seemed like the popular thing to with Trump because it seemed like he had a slight chance.

Now he is back tracking that because he sees there is no chance and his other GOP party members are calling Trump out. The only reason he is calling Trump out is so that he can somehow try and remain relevant in his own party. If the others were agreeing with Trump he would be right there with them.
    Graham flip flops more than a greased-up weather vain.

I don't buy it one bit.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Our growing impatience...

The end result is going to be worth it, but dangit, the waiting...

BANNED

Apparently news organizations are timid about calling the election against Trump this time due to fears from Trump protestors.

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com...election-calls

Any other candidate it would have been called now. That's why Nate Silver and others keep maintaining the illusion that AZ is still in play when Arnon Mishkin the best there is what he does (and what he does is call spades when spades are spades) called it on Tuesday night.

This is the worst part of Trump, so caught are people in his teflon untouchable aura BS that they are timid about being referees for his obvious defeat. Biden is that guy who KO'd an opponent and the referee keeps counting past 10 to 100 while Trump is still knocked out and Biden is like Sonic in his pause animation tapping his feet.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 11-06-2020 at 08:48 PM.

Biden speaking right now. Says he and Harris are already getting to work.

He very much spoke as the president-elect. He also didn’t mention Trump once.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-06-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Jack's right, he's done his homework here. That said, Biden's a transition president - he expected to do one term then hand the baton off to a successor, which is heavily implied to be Kamala Harris.
    I do agree that Biden is the transitional president. That’s one part of your post I agree with because I view Biden as essentially the safety net president after the country rolled the dice on an incompetent demagogic pseudo populist so he’s perhaps he’s the perfect post-Trump president.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

White House Chief Of Staff Mark Meadows has tested positive for COVID-19.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Toomey surprised me more than Graham.

Graham flip flops more than a greased-up weather vain.

I don't buy it one bit.
    graham is the big show of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    So the triggers for the large Republican voter turnout is the George Floyd protests and the anti-Police rhetoric and the open unmasking of collusion between Karens and Policeman via that Amy Cooper video which undergirded the entire debate on systemic racism and Black Lives Matter. And the second and big one is Coney Island Baby winning the SCOTUS and being a hair's breadth away from striking Roe v. Wade.

In other news,
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...r&utm_brand=vf

It looks the Secret Service are gonna have some fun to look foward to.
    I saw the Amy Cooper video quite some time ago. I thought she was charged for a false report?
    Power with Girl is better.