Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I would feel sorry for Trump since I’m sure he must feel terrible right now, but then I can’t forget or forgive the fact he’s responsible for the deaths of 230,000 people and counting and is now more concerned about stopping Biden from winning the White House than he is stopping the virus from killing people.

So..yeah f**ck him.
    Yeah, reserve your pity and sympathy for the people who deserve it.

You gotta be fucking kidding me XD
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/ander...212217032.html
    "When You Talk About Donald Trump’s Body, Every Fat Person You Know Hears You"

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Georgia is pretty much where the South finally lost the Civil War, thanks to Tecumseh Sherman's "scorched Earth" tactics when he marched from Atlanta to Savannah, destroying farms, railroads, and telegraph poles. Atlanta is the only city in the United States to lose two professional teams to Canada. World Championship Wrestling went from the top of cable television to out of business in just over two years. And let's not forget the University of Georgia's failings.

Sure I could talk about the positives of Georgia, such as John Heisman leading Georgia Tech in the 1920s, and the Atlanta Chiefs upsetting arguably the most dominant football club in the world in Manchester City back in the late 1960s, but screwing up leads is a Georgia institution.
    Not to brag, but St. Louis has lost two professional football teams in my lifetime.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This is not based in reality
    Except this isn't an argument against what I said, saying "I disagree" isn't compelling in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    You gotta be fucking kidding me XD
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/ander...212217032.html
    "When You Talk About Donald Trump’s Body, Every Fat Person You Know Hears You"
    I tend to agree with the author.

You don't get to decide that everyone should just shrug it off, and not be upset or offended by it.

Except they aren't "prepping" for anything.

The scenarios Newsweek discussed with its sources are hypothetical. He has never said or implied that he would continue to occupy the White House after exhausting any legal challenges to the vote.
    The hypothetical's come from "one former U.S. official and two experts." And I mean, duh the Secret Service would remove him if necessary. But it won't come to that. Trump is a giant baby. He's not going to stand up to the Secret Service physically. He won't let himself be forcibly removed from the WHite House on television.

What he's probably going to do is leave one day, quietly, and try to hide form the world because he's going to lose on he biggest stage there is.

Anyway, next time read the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Except they aren't "prepping" for anything.

The hypothetical's come from "one former U.S. official and two experts." And I mean, duh the Secret Service would remove him if necessary. But it won't come to that. Trump is a giant baby. He's not going to stand up to the Secret Service physically. He won't let himself be forcibly removed from the WHite House on television.

What he's probably going to do is leave one day, quietly, and try to hide form the world because he's going to lose on he biggest stage there is.

Anyway, next time read the article.
    I agree with all that.

And here’s a prediction...he won’t do anything extreme or crazy.

He will concentrate on getting practical benefits for himself.

Hey, WBE! I regret to inform you that Clay Higgins is, once again, 'at it'.

The Republican congressman known as the “Cajun John Wayne” has had a tumultuous time on Facebook since Election Day.

Rep. Clay Higgins (R-LA) posted a bizarre video calling President Donald Trump “an anointed blessing.”

The longtime lawman has used aggressive language to push an unfounded conspiracy theory that Trump won the 2020 election.
    In a story examining support for Trump’s conspiracy theories, NOLA.com correspondent Bryn Stole reported. “Only one, U.S. Rep. Clay Higgins, R-Lafayette, fully endorsed the president’s accusations in a video rant posted to Facebook late Thursday and later removed in which Higgins declared that ‘this election is totally compromised’ but ‘our president is not compromised.'”

“Higgins went on to apparently challenge various commenters who’d posted critical comments below his Facebook video to come to his house and confront him in person,” Stole reported.

One commenter reported wrote, “You gonna cry, T-Clay?”
    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/caj...airs-in-order/

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Hey, WBE! I regret to inform you that Clay Higgins is, once again, 'at it'.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/caj...airs-in-order/
    "Pushed unfounded conspiracy that Trump won the 2020 election" is going to be a phrase we see a lot in next years Crazy GOP of the Day.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This Joe Manchin who steps up and tells it like it is now , basically told Donald Trump he needs to concede the election today. While other state Republicans are playing into a stupid Trump myth and making themselves look like fools.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

There is a chance that the senate might end up split 50-50 after the January runoffs.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    There is a chance that the senate might end up split 50-50 after the January runoffs.
    Without Trump on the ballot Republican turnout miiiiight be depressed, but they will know that control of the Senate will hinge on those races too. And if Biden is able to accomplish anything Democrats can run on it in 2022 and 2024 - so I wouldn't count on lower Republican turnout for the runoffs, even if I wouldn't be surprised by it either.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Based on what happened in Poland when they banned abortion, should the new SCOTUS take a crack at Roe v. Wade... 2022 turnout would blow up in their f***ing faces. Especially without Trump on the ballot. To a lesser extent, if they come after the ACA and a replacement is needed, or if they go after Obergefell v. Hodges.

Hell, if they hang onto the Senate and McConnell continues to go obstructionist on things like Covid-19 stimulus, all judicial and Cabinet appointments, and any number of popular proposals being submitted by the House, Climate Change proposals, tax plans that affect only the rich, immigration reform, modest gun control...

The 2022 mid-terms will not go so well for the GOP. And they have to play defense in a lot of places that aren't as safe as they have been. Murkowski's up for re-election after voting for Coney Barrett. Rubio's up after applauding Trump supporters trying to run a Biden/Harris bus off the road.

There's just no way they're going to have attacked things that 70% of Americans are in favor of without some recourse.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Without Trump on the ballot Republican turnout miiiiight be depressed, but they will know that control of the Senate will hinge on those races too. And if Biden is able to accomplish anything Democrats can run on it in 2022 and 2024 - so I wouldn't count on lower Republican turnout for the runoffs, even if I wouldn't be surprised by it either.
    It's gonna be super interesting to see how much NOT having Trump on the ticket helps or hinders Republicans in Georgia.

On this date in 2014, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled former Arizona Congressman J.D. Hayworth, who was elected back in the 1994 "Red Wave" election and after six terms, was booted by voters in 2006 for having ties to Jack Abramoff. After an unsuccessful bid to unseat Senator John McCain in the 2010 Tea Party wave by running to his right while enflaming anti-immigrant fears in the Grand Canyon State. Hayworth actually proved dumb enough to try to challenge John McCain's lack of support on "enchanced interrogation" techniques on prisoners taken in the War on Terror, somehow forgetting how McCain has quite a personal view of torture. After losing after a long, ugly campaign where he expressed some support for the Birther movement and even compared gay marriage to beastiality, Hayworth continued to parlay his former career as a conservative radio talk show host into a gig working for Newsmax, a news channel that leans so far to the right, it makes Fox News look like NPR. While Hayworth remains an utter nutter, and hosts some of the most radical members of the GOP on Newsmax to propagandize their message, he has not held or run for office for several years now.

It was in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and in 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of the U.S. House Representative from Alabama’s 2nd Congressional District, [bB]Martha Roby[/B], the current U.S. House Representative for Alabama's 2nd Congressional District. Roby was once interviewed about the “redistribution of wealth” in the United States, she came out hard against the concept, until the reporter asked then how she could supports farm subsidies and aid for banks, and THEN Roby angrily called the interview a “trap” before storming out less than a minute later with her press secretary demanding the recording to prevent it from being aired. Roby has also gotten on board more than one outrage train the GOP have launched, whether it was taking to the floor of the House to give a speech about the controversy surrounding the “sting” videos of Planned Parenthood and arguing that “these aren’t specimens, they’re babies” or sitting on the Benghazi Select Committee to grill Hillary Clinton by asking whether she was “home alone” on the night of the attacks on the diplomatic compound in Benghazi. Hillary, in true alpha female form, laughed at her, before answering “no”. Roby tried following up with a “I don’t see what’s so funny” to not look like a dope, but that's an uphill battle for her, frankly. Roby also has participated in your typical GOP obstructionist voting record pattern, including votes against equal pay for women, LGBTQ rights, debt ceiling increases, keeping the government open (and trying to keep it shut at the end of the 2013 Government Shutdown), and even Hurricane Sandy relief funding. Martha Roby barely won the GOP Primary for her seat in 2018, requiring a run-off election to hang onto her seat in the House representing Alabama’s 2nd Congressional District, the second straight election cycle where she got a scare. That inherent risk of losing her seat, as well as Republicans reacting to the reality that they’re unlikely to be in control of the House for at least a decade seems to have given her enough of a reason to push the “eject” button, and retire in 2020. As such, we will retire her profile at this time and take a look at another kooky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 935-45, since this was established in July 2014.

Mike Walsworth
    Welcome to what is the 935th original profile here at “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day”, where we’ll be discussing former Louisiana State Senator Mike Walsworth, who served in District 33 of that body from 2007-2019 after serving the twelve years prior in the Louisiana House of Representatives. His illustrious legislative career showed him to be utterly backwards thinking, and we’re not even talking about his whole career. Even his last few years in office showed him regressive enough to vote against a bill to ban child marriage in Louisiana, vote for fetal heartbeat abortion bans (i.e. at 6 weeks when most women don’t even realize they’re pregnant yet), Equal Pay protections, and also joined the ranks of weirdo Republican state legislatures who wanted to fight for the right to drink raw milk (it’s a thing).

But our big concern is because Walsworth’s other legislative efforts was his focus on the Louisiana Academic Freedom Act, which aimed at teaching Creationism in the state’s schools. The original text of the bill was fiercely anti-evolution, which is a personal affront to Walsworth, as one could discern from this video, where he berates a science teacher and wants the theory of evolution proven before his eyes. When the teacher began to explain expeiments with E. coli bacterium that show it evolving to gain resistance to antibiotics on culture plates when exposed to them over only a matter of days (multiple generations of E.coli live and die in that time), Walsworth acted like it was a “GOTCHA!” moment because bacteria don’t evolve into people that fast. Walsworth also sponsored a bill to give each public school in Louisiana to use state funds to buy whatever science textbook they chose (probably hoping they would pick ones with Jesus in them in the name of SCIENCE) but it failed to pass.

Mike Walsworth left office, mercifully, because term limits are a thing in Louisiana, but not until after making the state dumber for a quarter century. We’re hoping he doesn’t re-emerge to find a higher office to run for.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.