There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm sorry people have been mean to you in the past.

It doesn't make it right or wise to mock someone for failing to conform to mainstream expectations of masculine behavior.
    What a shock. You don’t get it. So you condescend.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I disagree. I think the right would be happen if what's going on in Poland was going on in the US.
    The raw numbers support my position.

Poland's current government is extreme-right. The US had a taste of a far-right Presidency and it was soundly rejected.

A majority of voters rejected it soundly. If the Supreme Court wants to represent the "regressive right", then expect the Court to get packed.
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-07-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I was in downtown Philly, having just left my friendly neighborhood comic book shop when the news about Biden having clinched Pennsylvania and the election became official. Sweet Jesus, it was like New Year’s Eve and Mardi Gras rolled into one, and I know all about the latter as I was in New Orleans for that party while in the Navy thirty years ago. As I live and breathe, I hadn’t heard so much honking and hollering since the Eagles won the Super Bowl three years ago, block after block and block in center city, people were cheering like crazy, reminded me of grainy black and white video of celebrations on V-E Day, it was THAT crazy. I’ve never seen anything like that before.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The raw numbers support my position.

Poland's current government is extreme-right. The US had a taste of a far-right Presidency and it was soundly rejected.

A majority of voters rejected it soundly. If the Supreme Court wants to represent the "regressive right", then expect the Court to get packed.
    Are you sure that Trump would have lost without the virus?

I think the Donald is such an unusual politician that I am not sure it’s safe to draw any conclusions from the defeat.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So, this is how it has been going.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I was in downtown Philly, having just left my friendly neighborhood comic book shop when the news about Biden having clinched Pennsylvania and the election became official. Sweet Jesus, it was like New Year’s Eve and Mardi Gras rolled into one, and I know all about the latter as I was in New Orleans for that party while in the Navy thirty years ago. As I live and breathe, I hadn’t heard so much honking and hollering since the Eagles won the Super Bowl three years ago, block after block and block in center city, people were cheering like crazy, reminded me of grainy black and white video of celebrations on V-E Day, it was THAT crazy. I’ve never seen anything like that before.
    It is really something, and I am just watching it on videos!

Jubilant Crowds Take to Streets in DC and NY After Biden and Harris Declared Winners!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Are you sure that Trump would have lost without the virus?

I think the Donald is such an unusual politician that I am not sure it’s safe to draw any conclusions from the defeat.
    Somehow, I doubt the additional 800k people that Stacey Abrams got registered in Georgia would have voted for Trump. Same with the surge of African-American voters in Detroit and Milwaukee, COVID-19 or not.

I also really doubt that majority of the 65 million people that voted for Clinton in 2016 would somehow flip for Trump in 2020. Turnout was higher for Trump this year but the overall turnout was much higher and Biden got more votes than any other President in history (a record previously held by his ticket with Obama).

My stance on this isn’t new. When there’s a massive turnout of voters in modern Presidential elections, it generally leans left. It’s been like that since 1988 (2004 being the obiouvs exception because of the war in Iraq) and in the last 4 elections.
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-07-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

Also, nobody needs to listen to Trumpers spread misinformation anymore. That era is over.
    unfortunately, Trumpism is now the updated standard for right-wing style political thought and policies. It's not going away, despite Thrift Store Lex Luthor being removed from office.

But I'm not the guy to have a conversation with "the other side"-- they had four years and there are CVS-receipts long lists of the examples of his kleptocracy and frequent incompetence. But for the MAGA folks and the self-described "staunch independents" this was their guy.
    Uplifting Racism? Whatever
    Xenophobia? Whatever.
    Sexism? Whatever.
    LGBT prejudice? Whatever.
    Tax cuts for the wealthy/corporations that did not remotely 'trickle down' to poorer folks? Whatever.
    Disastrous public health care response? Whatever.

For completely anti-intellectual reasons they chose this man. I feel no obligation to empathize with "their beliefs"-- they sure as hell don't give a damn about mine. I have to paraphrase James Baldwin.. "You're asking me to be an accomplice to my own murder"... My emphatic answer is no.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    So, this is how it has been going.

Lol Trump went to play golf after announcing this alleged conference.

He is THE liar and the fraud, and for some reason his base still won't accept this.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    unfortunately, Trumpism is now the updated standard for right-wing style political thought and policies. It's not going away, despite Thrift Store Lex Luthor being removed from office.

But I'm not the guy to have a conversation with "the other side"-- they had four years and there are CVS-receipts long lists of the examples of his kleptocracy and frequent incompetence. But for the MAGA folks and the self-described "staunch independents" this was their guy.
    Uplifting Racism? Whatever
    Xenophobia? Whatever.
    Sexism? Whatever.
    LGBT prejudice? Whatever.
    Tax cuts for the wealthy/corporations that did not remotely 'trickle down' to poorer folks? Whatever.
    Disastrous public health care response? Whatever.

For completely anti-intellectual reasons they chose this man. I feel no obligation to empathize with "their beliefs"-- they sure as hell don't give a damn about mine. I have to paraphrase James Baldwin.. "You're asking me to be an accomplice to my own murder"... My emphatic answer is no.
    Completely agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    My best friend who is a Republican is asking if he should start a riot now? Bricks or rocks? What stores should he vandalize?

He's looking at a Bass Fishing Shop and the Beer Store.
    The former also sells guns, and therefore your odds of getting shot trying to throw rocks at it/loot it would likely lead to your Republican friend getting his dumb ass shot by an equally conservative storekeeper or store shopper.

Just tell him to do a beer run, it's way safer.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.